Making New Memories In Bali

The Paradox of Loving Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today’s a good day. After a month of being confined in the hospital, I can finally be get rid of my hospital gown and wear my normal clothes. It’s been awhile and I can’t wait to see the world outside.

 

I stared at my reflection from the bathroom mirror one last time and smiled. Have some fun, Taeyeon. Enjoy your trip with your girlfriend.

 

Girlfriend. It still feels surreal to address my best friend as my girlfriend. I suddenly wonder if Tiffany and I had a very good relationship. I don’t know but every time I let her tell stories about us, there’s something lacking. It’s like she’s hiding something from me. But whenever I get that kind of thought, I immediately disregard them.

 

I was instantly pulled out from my reverie when someone, who I presumed to be Tiffany, knocked the door and said, “Tae, are you there?”

 

I twisted the knob and opened the door, smiling at the person standing in front of me. “Yes. I just washed my face and changed my clothes.”

 

I stepped out from the bathroom and placed a kiss on her cheek. She started draping her arm over mine and intertwined our fingers, which I don’t really mind. “Everything has been settled. Let’s go?”

 

I nodded, and we both left the place that has been my home for a few weeks.

 

When we reached the parking area, Tiffany assisted me to the other side of the car and opened the door for me. I noticed that there’s only one pink luggage lying on the passenger seat at the back. I furrowed my eyebrows in curiosity, and as soon as we settled inside the car, I asked her. “I thought we’re leaving today?”

 

She the engine and started driving. “Mmm. I got our passports and boarding passes. Our plane is about to depart in a few hours.”

 

“Aren’t we bringing our clothes?”

 

She gives me a short glance, smiled at me apologetically and get her eyes back on the road. “I’m sorry I can’t get your clothes in your condo unit. I don’t want taking the risk of someone knowing our trip.”

 

Our trip was going silent and smooth until something piqued my curiosity. I looked at her and curiously asked, “We don’t live together?”

 

Tiffany looked at me shortly and returned her eyes on the road. “Uh, yes. You’re always busy. But you come visit my place whenever you had time.”

 

“Oh, I see.” Her statement was good enough to satisfy my curiosity…just for now.

 

“We’re here.” Tiffany announced as she pulled the car into the side, changing the gear pad into ‘P’.

 

We stepped out from the car and retrieved Tiffany’s pink luggage in the passenger seat behind. The moment I closed the door and turned around, I see Tiffany’s cousin smiling in front of us. “Joohyun.”

 

Tiffany must have noticed the disappointment in my tone as she chuckled and said, “Don’t worry. Irene is not coming with us. I just called her to take my car with her since we’ll be gone for how many days.”

 

I sighed in relief and repeated my greeting in a more welcoming manner. “Joohyun-ah. Hi.”

 

“Taeyeon unnie, hi.” She replied politely.

 

I saw Tiffany handed the car’s power door lock to her cousin and gives her a short hug. “Just call me if anything happens.”

 

Irene nodded and gives us a smile. “I will. Take care unnies. I hope that you enjoy your trip.”

 

“Thank you, Joohyun. Send my love to Seulgi.” I replied, recalling that she’s going out with my office assistant whom I already treat as my younger sister.

 

“I will, unnie.” She said with a smile. Then she looked at Tiffany and say, “I gotta go. I still have a meeting to catch.”

 

Tiffany and I watched Irene getting inside Tiffany’s car. The younger woman waved her hand goodbye before completely going on her way.

 

“You remember Seulgi.” Tiffany stated, her eyebrows already furrowed.


“Mmm. I just recalled that she’s dating your cousin.” I casually replied to her and used my free hand to hold her hand. “Should we check-in your luggage first?”

 

She shakes her head and says, “Later. Since we’re near the duty free shops, we go buy your things.”

 

“Okay, then. Let’s go.” And then we began shopping.

 

As soon as we entered the huge department store, Tiffany started wandering around and check out some clothes for me. She didn’t hesitate to pick and buy everything needed for this trip. I just followed her around and agree with her every time she asks me if I like those particular clothes she points out.

 

We’re in the middle of shopping when I casually uttered. “I am not sure if you’re really worried about someone seeing you in my condo unit, or you planned this just to go shopping with me.”

 

“Am I that obvious?” She grinned sheepishly, making herself more adorable in my eyes.

 

“Yes.” I chuckled. “But don’t worry, I like it.”

 

She sighed in relief after hearing that and continued with her search.

 

After two hours of shopping clothes, toiletries, and a luggage to put all those things we’ve bought, Tiffany checked-in our things and went to a coffee shop inside the airport as we wait for our plane to arrive. Another hour has passed and finally, the voice from the intercom began announcing that the plane has finally arrived and telling all of its passengers to proceed to the departure area.

 

Tiffany and I brought our drinks with us since we haven’t finished drinking them. We walked our way to the departure area, got our passports and boarding passes checked upon reaching it, and finally boarded our plane after a few moments.

 

As I’ve expected, Tiffany got us first class tickets. I let her take the window seat since she loves taking pictures, while I take my seat next to her, of course. We fastened our seatbelts as soon as the flight attendant passed by. It didn’t take long when the pilot welcomed the passengers and announced that the plane is ready for takeoff.

 

The moment that the plane is already flying, I feel Tiffany’s head leaning on my shoulder. I took a glance of her and she yawningly said, “Let me take a nap, Tae. Wake me up when they finally offer food.”

 

I adjusted my position, so Tiffany could sleep comfortably. I smiled just looking at her. I love you.

 

The flight from Seoul to Bali took seven hours. It’s already morning when our plane made its touchdown inside the runway of Denpasar International Airport. When the plane has finally landed and the flight attendants had announced that the passengers can already go down, Tiffany and I abruptly vacated our seats and clambered out of the plane, walking our way inside the long cubicle which directly connects us to the airport building.

 

“I can’t believe we’re now in Bali!” Tiffany exclaimed as soon as we claimed our luggage from the conveyor belt and started walking our way throughout the airport’s exit. Sleepy Miyoung is gone, replaced by cheerful Miyoung. I guess she had enough recharge from our flight.

 

“You do know that it’s easy for people like us to travel around the world and yet, you haven’t gone here?”

 

“Yeah. Traveling the world is easy, but it’s different when it’s with someone you love.” She sincerely told me as our eyes met.

 

“I highly doubt that. You chose Bali because your Insung oppa filmed his drama here. I bet we’re staying on the same resort where they stayed.” I teased.

 

“The resort isn’t that bad. It’s actually one of the most visited resorts in Indonesia.” She defended, not even denying that we’re indeed staying at the same resort that the cast of that particular drama stayed in.

 

“I take it that you’ve made your research, Miss Hwang. I won’t be surprised if you already make our itinerary for our entire stay.”

 

“Guilty as charged.” Tiffany said with a sheepish smile.

 

“But you know that Memories of Bali has a tragic ending, right?” I told her with a smirk.

 

She sagged her shoulders and groaned. “Ugh. Don’t remind me on that. You’re such a buzz kill, Kim Taeyeon.”

 

I shrugged my shoulders and continue teasing her. “I am just stating what really happened in that drama.”

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes and replied, “Okay. Whatever. But that doesn’t mean we’ll also have a tragic ending. We’ll create new memories here. Good memories.”

 

I pursed my lips and break into a smile. “I like that.”

 

Tiffany has really planned this trip thoroughly. Apparently, she made contact with one of the companies related to Hwang Empire. As soon as we walked out of the airport. A man wearing black suit bowed and greeted us. “Welcome to Bali, Miss Kim and Miss Hwang.”

The man took care of our luggage, placing it inside the car trunk. Then he walked back to us and extended Tiffany to what I presume a power door lock key. She retrieved it from him, and soon as the thing was taken, he discreetly made his exit.

"Wow. I didn't expect that you even have your own car here in Bali. Is it one of the perks of being the daughter of Hwang Empire?” I teasingly t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter