Plan

The Paradox of Loving Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After thinking thoroughly all the events that take place last night, I finally came up to a decision: I will take Tiffany back as my friend again and abandon her when the time comes.

I know that what I’m planning is not good but I need to even the score between us. I’ll make Tiffany think that I’m slowly giving in to her and break her heart like what she did to me. Doing it would not be easy for me knowing that there would be variables along the way, but I’ll make sure that I’ll get back to her no matter what. I will not let my emotions and my memories take over my retribution.

I was still thinking on what possibly I can do today to set out my plan until my phone rang. I took it on the table and sees Jessica’s name on the caller ID. I swiped the screen and placed the phone onto my ear. “Hey, Sica. What’s up?”

"I'm sorry about last night, Taeng. It looked like they've planned it already." I sense the guiltiness on her voice from the other line and sighed.

I pursed my lips and assured her. "I told you that it’s okay, Sica. We knew just too late about their setup for me. I think that I’ve underestimated my friends too much. All I need is to keep my emotions at bay for today."

"If only I could do anything." Jessica said in her still uncomfortable voice.

"Well, you can do something for me today." I smirked as an idea crossed my mind.

"What?" She instantly responded.

"Eat with us during lunch so it won't be that awkward with me." I told her nonchalantly.

"Are you out of your mind?! You want me to be your third wheel? Taeng, you know how Tiffany despises me when I'm with you ever since high school. Remember that she thought that I took you away from her?" Jessica complained horrendously and I won’t blame her for having that reaction. Tiffany does hate her for that reason as Tiffany had said it herself years ago.

"I don't care. I'm just not comfortable. Sica, please? And it's not like you took me away from her. She abandoned our friendship. She abandoned me." I straightforwardly blurted out.

I heard her sigh from the other line and say, "Okay, Taeng. But I won't spend the whole afternoon with you. I'll just eat lunch and then leave."

"Okay. Thanks, Sica." I sincerely said to her. I know that she’s not responsible for me and my relationship with Tiffany but I’m glad that I still have a friend like her who I can count on.

"Just send me the details. See you later, Taeng. Good luck with Tiff." She briefly said and ended the call.

I placed the phone back on the table and heaved a sigh. I’m having second thoughts about my revenge. There’s this side of me that tells me to abort the plan and just forgive Tiffany. It tells me that I’m bit overboard for acting like this…that best friends don’t hurt like this. Then the other side of me tells me to go on and carry out the plan, that I must let Tiffany experience the pain that I’ve been through.

I was pulled out on my reverie when the person I’m thinking about is standing in front of me. "I'm sorry, Tae. Am I late?"

I acted normally and leaned on the backrest of my seat and said, "No. I was just early, Hwang. Sit down."

Tiffany takes her seat across me and asked, "Isn't it much comfortable if you call me Miyoung or Fany?"

I shook my head in disagreement. "Calling you Hwang is much comfortable with me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter