What Happened Pt1

The Paradox of Loving Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After bawling and questioning the world for a week…

After revealing my identity to the nation as Erika Kim of Kim Corporation…

After my realization that I can’t just stay in Korea and wait for Tiffany to come back, here I am in Los Angeles standing on the porch of her residence. I just can’t risk the possibility of losing her for real this time thinking that things could change a lot even in a span of short time.

I came ready for this. No matter what Tiffany will say, I’ll never let my ego take over.

I take a deep breath and finally pressed the doorbell.

I pursed my lips and waited for the door to open.

It made me frown. Didn’t she hear the bell ringing?

I was about to press the doorbell again when the door finally opened.

I smiled widely as I can and greeted her. “Hi.”

“T-Taeyeon-ah.” Surprise and concern evident on her face.

“That’s the initial reaction that I was expecting. Good.” I opened the door a bit wider and invited myself in.

“W-what are you doing here?”

“To knock some sense out of you for leaving me again?” I beamed and walked past through her. I went to the living room and comfortably took my seat on her couch.

“Have a seat, would you. It’s your house after all.” I nonchalantly told her.

Tiffany snapped out from her daze. With her arms folded and sassy attitude she said, “What are you really doing here, Taeyeon?”

I won’t deny that I like this side of her. It gives me challenge. I raised my eyebrow and playfully asked, “Don’t you think you’re accountable for leaving me like that again?”

She’s clenching her fist and still keeping that snarky façade. “I thought I already told you everything on that letter?”

Okay. I take it back. I don’t like this side of her. This is just so offensive. Told me everything on the letter?

Is she kidding with me? Did she already give up on us that fast? This is unacceptable.

I badly want to scream at her. But I know that it will do no good.

I am barely holding myself when I said, “Why do you keep on running away as if it’s the magic solution to all of the problems? Why do you assume things negatively, Fany-ah?”

Tiffany looked away and pursed her lips. I can already tell that she’s having a great ordeal on holding back herself from retaliating.

Her expression somehow softened. But she’s still not looking at me when she said, “I just don’t want to hurt you again.”

I want her to look at me in the eyes. Why is she not looking at me?

As much as want to spare ourselves from the drama, it seemed like we can’t really avoid it. Tiffany won’t even look at me so I guess I have to do it in a hard way. “Did you know how much I cried?”

Tiffany’s lip is already trembling. I see that she’s fighting the urge to let out her feelings.

Why don’t you let it out, Fany-ah? Let it out.

But instead of engaging to a lengthy conversation, Tiffany remained her eyes away from me. Dismissing me. “I still have early classes tomorrow, Taeyeon. Let’s just talk after that.”

She’s waiting for me to move and finally go but I remained seated on the couch.

I can’t just leave like this. I can’t leave without not achieving anything.

 “And one day, if fate lets us see each other again, please act like nothing ever happened between us. Please pretend that we’re just casual friends who never had an ill-fated relationship.” I blurted out, hoping those words make sense to her.

Those were the last words written from the letter she left me.

I think it worked since Tiffany’s already staring at me, her eyes already glistening with tears.

I want to wipe those tears streaking her beautiful face, but I can’t ruin my momentum.

I smiled at her and said, “But I guess I just can’t wait there in Seoul and pretend later on that we never had something special.”

Tiffany scowled and infuriatingly said, “So you’re here to guilt trip on me?”

Good lord! Please tell me again why you made me love this insecure woman!

Before I could lose my temper, I breathed in and shook my head. With a calm voice, I replied, “No. I came here to make you realize how stupid…”

I stood up from my seat and take one step forward to her. “Coward…”

I took another step and hold her gaze. “And selfish you are.”

I can already feel Tiffany’s warm breath against my skin. I couldn’t hold myself any longer and put her lips on my lips. I started kissing her with full wanton. It was sloppy at first. But as soon as I nibbled her lower lip, Tiffany started to respond as eagerly as I am.

I feel her hands wrapping around my neck. I smiled in my mind. God, I missed this.

I let out of my tongue, seeking entrance inside . I can feel her lips slightly parted so I slid my tongue and began to explore with familiarity. I gently pushed my tongue against hers and we began to compete for dominance.

It didn’t take long when I hear her moan as I her tongue.

Tiffany and I continued kissing as if our lives depend on it.

But who am I kidding? We’re human and sure we’re starting to run out of breath.

Gasping for air, we pulled away. I wiped of the tears that are still falling down from her eyes and smiled. “Don’t do that ever again, okay? Don’t ever dare to leave me again. If you want to run away, let’s do it together.”

She pulled me into a hug, her head resting on my shoulder. “I’m sorry, Taeyeon-ah. I was just scared.”

I caressed her back and softly said, “Scared of what?”

“You hating me again.” She mumbled.

“I’m not going to make that same mistake, Fany-ah.”

She hugged me tighter and exclaimed, “Oh, God. I missed you.”

-

“Where are you going?”

She turned around and smiled at me. I swear that Tiffany looks like a goddess with or without a makeup.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter