Lust

The Paradox of Loving Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The moment we arrived at my condominium unit, I didn’t have to invite and welcome Taeyeon in as she already made her way to the living room, like my place was her home. I was absolutely surprised when she suddenly came inside as soon as I finished putting the passcode. She already sat in front of the television where the stack of my DVDs are neatly organized on the rack below, and started looking for some movies that suits her taste.

I stared at the beautiful view in front of me and find myself smiling at her. I think that it’s already a good start for us that she’s finally starting to be comfortable with me, and I feel hopeful.

I wanted to stay and just keep my eyes on Taeyeon but I’m starting to feel uncomfortable with my clothes. I guess I wore too much for our date today and I need to freshen up and change. “Is it okay that I’ll leave you here first? I’ll just take a shower. I won’t take long.”

“Don’t worry, I’m not running away while you’re gone.” Taeyeon said flatly as she still busies herself with the films. I know that she’s already having a hard time choosing a movie to play because her preferred genre isn’t there. My movie collections are all romantic, romantic-comedy movies, and Taeyeon’s favorites were the horror, thriller ones which I always disapprove.

“Okay. Do you want me to cook dinner first?”

Taeyeon abruptly stopped scanning the films when she heard what I’ve just insinuated. “No. I don’t want to die yet. I’ll just call the nearby Korean restaurant to deliver some food. Just go and take your shower.”

Her sarcastic reply could have offended me if I were a different person. But the thing is that, I wasn’t offended at all. I’m actually glad that she’s still recognizes my incapability when it comes to cooking.

“Okay.” I smiled and walked my way to the bedroom, leaving Taeyeon alone in the living room.

It took me an hour to finish my bath and change into my night gown. The moment I went back to the living room, Taeyeon’s already settled on the couch. She must have already found something to watch as the remote control is already in her hand.

I also noticed the food she had ordered, and they were already properly prepared on the glass table. I joined her in the living room and take a seat next to her. “I’m sorry. Did I keep you waiting?”

“No, it’s okay. I just finished putting up the food. You don’t mind if it’s just jjajangmyun, fried chicken and cheese ddekbokki, right? I actually don’t eat too much and I thought that you might be the same. I also wanted to take some drinks in your fridge but I think it would be rude if I just do it.” Taeyeon suddenly started blabbering without realizing that it’s been the longest sentence that she has uttered to me since we have seen each other again.

I can’t help but to look at Taeyeon with full admiration. Well, I’ve always admired her. But it’s just, the Taeyeon I once knew is starting to show up, or so I thought.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” She asked me strangely as she noticed that my eyes were still on her.

I just shook my head and stands up from the couch and say, “Nothing. I’ll just get some drinks for us.”

Taeyeon didn’t say anything and just let me go on my way to the fridge to get us some drinks. I opened the still full fridge and variety of drinks welcomed me. I spotted two packets of beer containing six cans each and took one packet. I know that Taeyeon might not be drinking tonight so I took a can of cola for her.

I went back at the living room and casually take my seat next to her. I handed Taeyeon her cola and took a can of beer from the packet for me. I pushed the can’s tin opener against it and started to take a sip from the beer.

I can see from my peripheral vision that Taeyeon’s staring at me so I stared back at her. I wasn’t even asking anything yet when she said, “You’re not going to get yourself drunk, right? You’re not going to drink all of that.”

I feel her saying those words to me out of concern. I know I must not assume anything, but why do I feel that she still cares for me? Or maybe, she’s just worried for herself in case I lay wasted.

Taeyeon’s still looking at me as if waiting for my answer so I made a smile and just nodded at her. Then she took off her eyes on me and paid her attention on the huge screen in front of us. She grasped the remote control and pressed the play button.

The first scene of the movie showed up Lily Collins in daze as she recalled childhood memories of her and her best friend. I stole a glance at Taeyeon and suddenly wondered if she knows what this movie is all about.

“I can’t find anything interesting in your collection so I called Jessica and she recommended me this movie.” She said to me as if she had read my thoughts.

I curtly nodded my head in response and mentally thanked Jessica for recommending her Love, Rosie. I know that the movie will be too awkward for us but I also wanted to see Taeyeon’s reactions on Lily Collins and Sam Claiflin’s characters and how stupid they are for not realizing and admitting their feelings sooner for each other.

I waited for Taeyeon to talk and criticize the characters as minutes pass by, but she just keeps herself quiet and busied herself eating her noodles while watching.

I also started eating my noodles as the smell of the food teased my nostrils. I also fed myself with the chicken and the spicy cheesy ddeokbokki not wanting Taeyeon’s orders be spoiled. The two of us stayed just like that for a moment, until I finally heard her muttering ‘stupid’ when Lily’s character lately found out Sam’s character’s letter for her.

I already knew what’s going next and what the movie’s ending will be so I just diverted my attention to Taeyeon. I take another gulp of my beer and tried to place it down to the coffee table as soon as it got emptied. But instead of placing it there properly, the can dropped on the floor and made a noise and it caught Taeyeon’s attention.

She sighed and reached for the can resting on her foot and placed it on the coffee table for me. I was about to take another can from the packet when she holds my hand and stopped me. Our gazes met as she said, “You need to stop if you don’t want to sleep on your couch tonight. It’ll be already your fifth beer, Hwang.”

I swear I smelled alcohol on Taeyeon’s breath. Instead of listening on what she’s saying, I looked at the packet of beer and sees that there’s only one can left and she said fifth. It means that she was drinking a can of beer and I didn’t even notice it. 

“I thought that you don’t like drinking.” I sarcastically said.

“I do.” She impassively said.

“Then why did you drink that? You know that you have low alcohol tolerance, and you’ll be driving later.” I told her worriedly.

“I’m not a kid anymore and my alcohol tolerance somehow increased.” She told me casually, but I can already see her face turning beet red. She’s just controlling herself not to knockdown.                                                         

“Okay.” I nonchalantly replied and still take the last can of beer anyways. I opened it and take a big gulp.

A crazy idea suddenly crossed my mind. I don’t know how Taeyeon is going to take this but at least I have to try. I know that taking advantage of my current drunken state is a bad idea but this is the only way I think right now to make Taeyeon have me in her life again.

I scooted closer to her and attempted to entwine our fingers. But as soon as our fingers touched, she moved her hand away and looked at me. “Hwang, you’re already drunk.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter