Bid

The Paradox of Loving Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hi Taeyeon.” Tiffany’s sweet husky voice uttered my name.

I can already sense that everyone’s waiting for my response so I curtly nodded and said, "Hwang."

She shifted her gaze from me to Jessica and sternly smiled at her. "Jessie, hi. Where are you taking Taeyeon?"

"Just somewhere." Jessica casually replied. I feel thankful and sorry for having her around me right now. I am thankful because I’m not alone, and I am sorry because I put her again into an awkward situation.

Jessica then interlocked our fingers. I know what she’s doing. She’s trying to mock Tiffany and make her uncomfortable for me. She’s aware that Tiffany hates her for being so close to me way back high school and Jessica uses that information to my advantage, to get me out of here. Because she knows that if this continues, I will break down.

I see the discomfort in Tiffany’s eyes as I noticed her staring at my and Jessica’s interlocked fingers. It looked like she’s going to kill someone and she’s just holding herself back.

I looked at Jessica and see her smile at me, as if telling me that everything’s going to be okay.

"But you can't leave just yet." Yuri interrupted.

I furrowed my eyebrows and asked her, "What do you mean about that?"

I shifted my gaze to Sooyoung and see her mouthing an apology to me. It didn’t take a few seconds when Boa unnie approached us.

"Oh, Taeyeon-ah. I'm sorry not informing you sooner, but could you help us raise our funds for the charity? Please?" Boa unnie pleaded.

Everyone knows that she won’t take ‘no’ for an answer plus I don’t decline any favors coming from her, especially when she’s one of the seniors that I admire so much during high school. I guess I don’t have any choice right now. Sooyoung and Yuri had planned this thoroughly.

I lightly scratched my forehead using my free hand and said, "Okay."

Jessica pressed my hand which made me look at her. I gave her a reassuring smile and whispered into her ear. “Don’t worry, Sica. I got this.”

I let go of her hand and kissed her on the cheek. “See you later.”

She nodded at me and went to the crowd to join her other friends whilst Sooyoung, Yuri and Tiffany also went to the crowd for the start of the program.

Boa unnie and I went to the backstage to prepare myself for the bidding. I already knew about it but I just didn’t expect that I’m going to be auctioned.

As soon as we get to the backstage, my eyes furrowed seeing that there’s no one here except us. I fiddled my fingers to my side and keep myself calm down. I swear I’ll get back to Sooyoung and Yuri after this, and if Hyoyeon is also involved with this then I’ll probably make her pay too.

I rubbed my forehead and breathed deeply.

“Taeyeon-ah, are you okay?” Boa unnie stopped from her tracks and looked at me in concern.

“I’m okay, unnie. It’s just that…”

“I know. You’re feeling uncomfortable with this but your friends insisted. I’m sorry, Taeyeon-ah.” She lightly squeezed my hand and gave me an apologetic look.

“It’s okay, unnie. They know that I won’t say no to you. Just go on with the program.” I smiled at her and let her do her job as the alumni homecoming’s organizer.

The actual program started a few minutes later. Boa unnie welcomed the alumni from our batch and asked them if they are enjoying the night. Awards were also given from the early bird to the best dressed. It didn’t take long when I heard Boa unnie giving her instructions for the bidding.

"The winner will have the chance to spend one whole day with our eligible bachelorette, Kim Taeyeon.” I walked out from the backstage and faced the crowd as my name was called.

Everybody’s looking at me either with admiration or dislike. Well, I don’t blame the others for not liking me. It’s not like I like them either. The feeling is mutual so I didn’t care. I just swear that someone will pay for this for putting me on an auction.

“Let's start the bid, shall we?" Boa unnie finally opened the bidding.

"80,000 won." I see Yuri raising her auction paddle from the crowd. A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter