Chapter 6

Love by Design

 

You stand in YG’s lobby, watching the music video play on the big screen that is the elevator. It is 2NE1’s “Can’t Nobody”. You came earlier than what you scheduled with GD. You really didn’t know what you were going to do today. All GD said to do was be ready and dress comfortably. You put on a gray mini skirt with leggings underneath, a plain white shirt and borrowed Yuri’s leather jacket and yellow flats. As you entered, it seemed like some of the fans questioned if you were an actress with the company but you just ignored them.

As the video changed to Taeyang’s “I’ll Be There” your phone vibrated in your jacket pocket. Looking at the screen, you see GD’s number.

“Hello?”

“Hi. Are you waiting?”

“Aniyo. I just got here.”

“Liar,” You hear him chuckle on the other end.

“Huh?”

“Turn around,” You hear a slight echo as you turn around and see GD standing behind you. You chuckle as you both hang up. GD strides towards you as you bow. He looks you up and down and smiles brightly.

“What?” You ask.

“You look nice is all.”

“Thanks,” You bite your lip as you feel your cheeks turn red.

“Let’s go,” You nodded. You both walked toward the garage and got into GD’s white luxury car. Driving away from the building, you look over to GD and see him looking between you and the road with an excited smile.

“Why are you so happy?”

“Because I’m out with you,” You looked down at your hands as you blushed. Out the side of your eye, you could see GD biting his lip this time. After a short ride, you arrived at a small café. GD got out and ran around to open the door for you. Stepping out, you looked at the café that looked quaint from the outside.

“Where are we?”

“A café SeungHyun hyung usually comes to when he needs to think about lyrics. I usually tag along with him here sometimes,” GD leads you in. The place is somewhat empty. He leads you to a table before going to place your orders. It’s warm and inviting as jazz plays over speakers in the entire café.  GD returns with two cups.

“I actually forgot to ask want you want so I got a latte for you. Is that okay?”

“Yeah. They’re my favorite actually.”

“That’s good,” You both sip in silence. You don’t know what to really say and GD looks nervous sitting across from you.

“Can I ask you question?” GD asks to break the silence. You nod. “Did you want to be a stylist?”

“Is that why you suggested me for the job with JiEun-sshi?”

“Kind of. Truth be told…I’ve actually liked you for some time.”

“Eh?”

“I’ve seen you at your first job a few times and you seem to really helping people find the right outfit and when you styled the suit jacket on me before…you were so concentrated on it.”

“Ah!”

“That sounds weird out loud,” GD covers his face in embarrassment. You just smile at him.

“Designer.”

“Huh?” GD looks up.

“I want to be a fashion designer.”

“Really?” You nod.

“I’ve always wanted to be one growing up. I’ve even made a few outfits. JiEun-sshii saw a few when I came to her the first time.”

“Show me,” You nearly choke on the coffee you try to sip when GD says this.

“Huh?”

“I want to see your designs. Can I?”

“I…I never really showed anyone except my roommate and JiEun-sshi my designs.”

“Oh. Okay,” GD sips his coffee in defeat. He really looked like he wanted to see your designs.

“Do you really want to see them?” GD perks up quickly and nods. “O..okay.”

You reach into your pocket for your phone. You took some pictures of Yuri in your outfits a few times with it, but before you could reach the phone, GD had your wrist and was pulling you out the restaurant.

“Yah! Where are we going now?”

“Your house.”

“EH?!”