Chapter 18

Love by Design

 

The scissors slice through the fabric with ease as you work in silence of the workroom. The blouse and skirt were due next week but you always liked to get things done quickly but well. As you made the marks for the hem of the skirt, you hear the door open. You looked up to see a group of your classmates.

"You! We're going to get some lunch. Wanna come?" One of the guys asked from the group.

"Yeah! Let me finish up," They wave as the door closes. You finish making your marks and move all of your material to the side. As you pack up, your phone rings. Looking at the screen, you smile at the number that flashed.

"Hello, Yuri."

"You! When are you coming home?" Yuri whined. You smile as you leave out of the workroom.

"I'm flying out next week after my last assignment then you have me for two whole weeks."

"That's too short! When are you transferring?”

"Look, I have to go. I'll call you later. I promise!"

"Okay," Yuri answers dejected. You chuckle. It's been almost a year and you really do miss your best friend and are happy to see her soon.

You end the call as you reach the group of classmates from before. You all leave out to go eat.

You sit in the restaurant with your classmates, laughing and basically snacking off of each other's plates.

"So, when are you going to Korea?" Gina, one of your classmates, asks across the table.

"Next week after the final exam. I'm going to visit my best friend and get ready to transfer to ESMOD."

"Do you really have to transfer? We'll miss you," Amy says as she holds onto you. You laugh as you hug her back.

"It was a decision I made a long time ago and I kind of want to get back to Korea."

"Hey! Isn't this the guy in the picture on your work board?" You turn to your classmate on the left to see a magazine article. The picture on the article is of BigBang but your eyes immediately got to Jiyong. Amy reaches over and takes the magazine.

"They're kind of cute. You've met them before?" You hesitate before answering.

"Once. On my old job. I was an assistant for a stylist and I met them once by chance," You lied. You really didn't need to since they weren't really big Kpop fans but you just couldn't say out loud that you were close to them especially Jiyong.

"Lucky! I would give my right arm to meet them," Amy said dropping the magazine.

"Didn't you say you would give your right arm to sew a good outfit for the final?" Your classmate, Greg, says sipping her drink. Amy sneers at Greg as everyone else laughs.

"You might get to meet them. They seem to be having a world tour," You look back at the article as it talks about BigBang's comeback after tragedy with Daesung and a scandal involving G-Dragon. Your heart drops reading it. At that moment, you wanted to see Jiyong and be near him to make sure he was okay more than ever.

~~~

After turning in your final and boarding the plane at the last minute, you are finally home in Korea. You stand in front of the door to your old apartment. You didn't tell Yuri when your flight was coming in but you know she'll be ready. You knock on the door and wait. The door opens slowly and you are soon greeted by the smiling eyes of your best friend.

"You!" Yuri jumps and hugs you.

"I missed you too, Yuri," You shuffle into the apartment to the hyper Yuri.

"You're back! Yay! We have so much to do! Have you eaten? Let's go get some bbq!"

"Wait! I just got off the plane. Can I rest?" Yuri frowns which makes you laugh.

"Okay. We can go get some BBQ but I have to sleep early. I have to go to the school tomorrow to do some paper work," Yuri smiles before grabbing you into a hug again.

"I'm so happy that you're back home."

"Me too."