Chapter 10

Love by Design

 

You sit in the front seat of the van with another assistant to Jieun. You sit in silence as you think. Your mind wonders back to what had just happened and who Jiyong was. He wanted to like you as Kwon Jiyong but in public, he would always be “G-Dragon”. In public, if you two were to date, he could not be Jiyong – the one that likes you and that you want to like – but Big Bang’s G-dragon. Your thoughts are interrupted by the assistant tapping you shoulder. She points to your phone and you see a text message.

Don’t forget our tea together and what we talked about last time. – Auntie

You sigh as the thought of your aunt and mother return to you. You don’t want to leave Korea but if what your aunt was true, you could get the education you need to be on the right path to sell your clothes. The door opens as the manager stands looking at you. You look back to see SeungRi and Jiyong climb in. Jiyong looks at you and the thought from earlier returns. You look back to the manager and smile.

“Oppa, can I sit here for the ride back? It’s a lot more comfortable,” He nods and closes the door. You can see in the rearview mirror the concerned look on Jiyong’s face. He opens his mouth to say something but you quickly put in ear buds that you brought and look out the window.

~~~~~~

You sit in your aunt’s villa. The maid sets tea cups down in front of you and leaves. You watch as your aunt sips her tea while yours remains on the table. She sets the cup down and looks at you.

“You have two months to finish any kind of work before you move back to Canada with your mother and her father.”

“Step-father and what?” You look at her with down cast eyes.

“Your mother and I have decided that it would be better if you move back to Canada and pursue your college degree. This trying to make it on your own isn’t working, is it?”

“I’ve been doing fine so far,” She clears .

“Still, everything of yours will be shipped to Canada. Your mother has found a studio apartment for you there as you go to school.”

“What gives her or you the right to make this decision for me?! I said I was going to think about it.”

“It all for the best, You. You have to understand that,” You stand up quickly, startling your aunt.

“I don’t have to understand anything you or my mother think is best. I know what’s best for me and I’m staying. Also, you can tell my mother that she can forget about me,” You gather your things and storm out of the villa. You stop just a few steps from the elevator and sigh. You lean against the wall and just think. It pisses you off that they could make this decision without talking to you but it also pissed you off that it was probably the best decision.

A ringing enters the air. You pull out your phone and see Jiyong’s number on the display.

“Hello?”

“What’s wrong?” You sigh.

“Nothing…just…” You lean your head back and look at the ceiling. “Can you come to my apartment?”

“Why?”

“I need to see you right now,” The other line is silent until you hear shifting.

“I’ll be there,” You end the call. You don’t know if this is what you need at the moment. Your earlier thoughts about Jiyong and you together return but at the moment, you really do need him near you.