Chapter 13

Love by Design

 

You sit in a local computer café, your finger scrolling the mouse quickly down the page. It was everywhere. The blurry picture of Jiyong and you kissing in DongDaeMun. You sigh as you continue to scroll down the articles to the comments.

Who is this girl? Why is she trying to date oppa?

Oppa! Why would you go with a stylist? Do you match each other fashion wise?

If I ever meet this woman, I would rip her hair out! Stay away from Jiyong-oppa!

As you continued to read, the comments became worse and more threatening. You go to another article and see similar comments. It’s painful to read the comments but you can’t help but look at them and wonder if dating Jiyong was really bad. As you continued on, out the side of your eye, you saw your phone light up. Jiyong’s number flashed.

“Hello?” You whisper.

“Where are you?” His stern tone made you feel bad.

“I’m sorry.”

Where are you?”

“I’m out right now,”

“I’ll meet you at your apartment.”

“Ji…!” You cover your mouth to stop from shouting his name. You never know who wanted to fulfill the comments out from the articles. “Don’t! You don’t have…” Before you could finish, the line was cut. Jiyong was on his way to your apartment. You grabbed your stuff and rushed out of the café.

You rush to return to the apartment. On the door, you see a note from Yuri.

Won’t be home tonight. Staying at parents. Also…they wanted to wait inside. I couldn’t stop them.

“Jiyong,” You whisper, removing the note and unlocking the door. As you step in, you see that it isn’t Jiyong.

“Umma,” Your mother stands in the center of the room. She turns toward you and smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You set down the glasses of water in front of her and sit next to your mother.

“How have you been, sweetie?”

“Fine,” She pushes back a strand of hair behind your ear.

“Your aunt tells me that you work as an assistant stylist at an entertainment company?”

“Yes. It’s a good job.”

“That’s good.”

“Why are you here, umma?” She sighs and turns toward you.

You, rethink coming back to Canada. I think it would be a good thing and you will be able to further your knowledge of fashion and…”

“Okay,” Your mother is surprised by your answer.

“Huh?”

“I’ll move back to Canada, but…I have things to finish up here,” Your mother embraces you.

“Oh, sweetie. This is such a good choice. It will be for the best. I so happy you picked to come home. I miss you,” Your mom brushes your hair to the side as she looks into your eyes. You look into the same sparkling eyes you used to see so long ago and that many people said you had. You were ready for this decision but one thing was on your mind: how would you tell Jiyong your decision?

It was only a few minutes after your mom left that you heard pounding on the door. You are slow to open the door because you really don’t want to face him. After opening the door, you are engulfed in Jiyong’s arms. Jiyong pulls away and holds your face.

“Are you okay? How are you feeling?”

“Why did you come here?”

“Did you read those articles?”

“And the comments,” You say turning from him. “I’m okay. You didn’t have to come,” Jiyong comes up behind you and holds you.

“I needed to make sure you okay. I care about you,” Tears stream down your face. The pain was there but being lifted as you felt Jiyong’s light kisses on your neckline. You turn toward him. Jiyong wipes away your tears before brushing your lips with his. You deepen the kiss as your wrap your arms him. You swim in ecstasy of the kisses as Jiyong’s hands roam your body. His hands feel warm against your skin. You work to Jiyong’s shirt as he leads you to the back to your room. Your feelings were in control of what was happening and you didn’t care.