Chapter 14

Love by Design

 

You lay on Jiyong's bare chest, hearing his heart beat as you feel him play with your hair. The passion the two of you exchanged was exhilarating and as you lay in his arms, you didn't want to move or really think about anything except staying there in the bed. But your mind wouldn't let you. Your heart tightened as you thought about telling him about your decisions, about you leaving as JiEun's assistant in two weeks, about going back to Canada for school, about leaving him.

"Jiyong?"

"Hmm?" You shift on the bed to prop yourself up on your elbows to look up at him. Looking at him, tears start to form. You quickly lay your head down on his chest.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?" He says chuckling a little. You bite your lip as you hold back. You shake your head and Jiyong doesn't push to find out more.

I'm sorry for leaving you. Please don't hate me.You think as you lay there listening as his heart beats and yours breaks.

~~~~

You sit in your room, folding and packing your clothes. As you look around your messy room, Yuri walks in with a bottle of water and sits down with you to fold.

"So...how did GD take the news?"

"...I haven't told him yet," You said folding a shirt and throwing it into the bag.

"WHAT?"

"I can't! I try to but...I just can't."

"You're leaving in three days! You have to tell him!" You stand from the pile of clothes around you and move toward your sewing room. Yuri follows you and watches as you fold up your clothes and place them in boxes.

"I'll tell him...before I leave. I promise."

"So what are you going to do with these clothes?" Yuri said sitting at your sewing machine.

"Sell them," You say as you carefully fold and handle each piece of clothing.

"What? All of it?"

"Not all of it. Just a few pieces. The rest will come with me as inspiration. I can't really take all of this back with me."

"What about the jacket? The first piece you finished when we met as became roommates. I haven't even tried it on," You turn to see Yuri coddling the midnight blue jacket. You quickly take it from her and smooth out the lapel. As you look at it, you remember it on Jiyong's slender shoulders and how it was a perfect fit on him.

"I have special plans for this jacket."

~~~~~

You step out of your room, buttoning the trench coat over the full skirt and blouse, two pieces that you made yourself. You look around the apartment to see Yuri on the sofa.

"Yuri-ah!" Yuri looks up with surprise. "How do I look?"

"Wow! Very pretty and expensive."

"Expensive? How?" You move toward the door and slide on your black heels.

"Where are you going?"

"Out," You pick you a wrapped box that sat near the door. "Don't wait up."

"Wooo!" Yuri said as you leave out of the door.