Final Chapter

Love by Design

 

You stare at your phone once more. You sent the message close to an hour ago and Jiyong still had not responded. You were leaving in a day and you really wanted to talk to him. After you talked to him and he sent you away, you didn't understand what was going on his mind.

You check your phone one last time as you walk into YGE building. Nothing. You sigh and look around. JiEun called you there to go over the plan for your internship that was starting after your month in Canada was over. Looking around, your eyes lock on the person at the elevators. Jiyong stood there looking at his phone. You were surprised to see him and what he was wearing. The midnight blue tailor jacket you gave to him still rested on his frame perfectly.

He still kept it,you think to yourself. Just then the elevator dings and opens. Jiyong climbs on which snaps you out of your trance.

"Jiyong!" You shout as you run to catch the elevator but it's too late as the doors close. You punch your fist on the doors as the elevator travels down to the studios, which is where he stays most of the time.

"Why is he ignoring me?" You say to yourself. You look at your phone. A new message appears from Jiyong.

Sorry. I'm not ready to talk yet. -Ji

You bite your lip and close your eyes in defeat. You sigh and press the elevator button. There was nothing that you could do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You stand on side of JiEun looking over the final decisions for BigBang's comeback concept. The interesting pieces were uniquely BigBang and were a concept that they could pull off.

"So they're going for their photo-shoot next week and then they will be filming MVs after that. I know you won't be here but you'll be back for when they're in the middle of the promotions and tour, right?"

"Right," You say as you take in everything.

"It's going to be quick pace with the tour and music show performances. I need you at the top of your game and ready."

"Okay, unni," JiEun turns to you and smiles.

"It's good to have you back on the team. I know that you will do well."

"Thank you, unni," You hug JiEun as your phone rings. "Oh! It's my roommate. I have to go. We have a lunch date."

"Okay. Good luck back in Canada and see in you in a few weeks," You wave goodbye and make your way out of the room.

Slipping into Yuri's car, you look at your best friend and just smile. Once again, you were leaving for Canada but this time, you were going to return a lot quicker. You both laugh and talk all the way back to the apartment.

Walking to the door, you spot a bouquet of flowers at the door.

"Yuri, do you have a secret admirer?" You ask picking up the bouquet.

"If I had a secret admirer, he wouldn't give me roses. These look expensive," Yuri touches one of the velvety flowers in the bunch. The deep rouge color is breathtaking. Looking through, you find a card.

"Oh! It's for me," You open the card.

"Meet me at the cafe, GD," Yuri reads over your shoulder. "Did you tell him that you were leaving again?"

"I texted him and called him but he said he wasn't ready to talk."

"Well, I guess he is now. What cafe?"

"I think I know. Mind if I borrow your car?" Yuri hands you her car keys.

"Good luck and have my car back by the morning. I have classes in the morning," You stick your tongue out at Yuri as you take the keys and leave. There was only one cafe that you both visited.

~~~~~

You step into the quiet cafe that you and Jiyong visited on your first date. It was once again almost empty but gave off the warm feeling. Looking around you see Jiyong's back facing the door.

"Jiyong?" He turns and smiles at you as he stands.

"You're here! I'm glad you came," Jiyong guides you to your chair. He sits across from you, still smiling.

"Jiyong...why did you ignore me earlier? Why didn't you want to talk?"

"I still had something to do. I didn't want to make the wrong choice," You see that he is still wearing the blazer. In your mind and heart, you think there is still hope.

"I can't start over with you," Your heart drops as the emotions well up into tears in your eyes. They toggle on your lids before rolling down your cheeks.

"But...Jiyong, why? I'm sorry for all that I said and I just..." You head falls to the table as your cry. You feel a hand touch your head, petting you. You look up to see a smile on his face.

"Let me finish, babo. I don't want to start over because we've made too many memories together for them to be forgotten," You sit up and try to wipe away the tears.

"Babo! You should say what you mean in the first place!" Jiyong's bright smile appears which calms the tears and your heart.

"I'm sorry," You shake your head.

"No. I'm sorry. I usually make choices with a clear head and they are usually right, but with you...I can't figure it out."

"Stop crying!" Jiyong wipes away the tears that keep rolling down your cheek.

"Jiyong...you know I'm leaving tomorrow for Canada again."

"I know. Is there anything you want to say?"

"I'll miss you," Jiyong stands and reaches across the table, lightly kissing you on the lips.

"I'll miss you too," He whispers.

 

So???? Like the ending? Nice sappy ending. I was actually going to have them both stay broken up or have them literally start over with Jiyong acting like he doesn't know her. I kind of like this end. 

Thank you all for reading and subscribing. Now I promise NO MORE STORIES! If I post or write another, I give anyone of you permission to take away my "Heartbreaker" CD. (If you try to take it, I will fight you all)