Chapter 21

Love by Design

 

You stroll through the COEX mall with Jieun alongside of you. It was out of the blue that she called you to go shopping. You mainly went to look at the different styles that were coming in to get some inspiration for new projects.

“Are you hungry? We can get something at a shop along the way back to the company,” Jieun asks. You nod as you continue looking around. Something catches your eye and you move over to a shop. It’s your old workplace and you see two well-tailored suits on mannequins. You quickly notice Jieun on side of you looking at the shop.

“More than a year ago, I wouldn’t have thought that I would have worked YG Entertainment let alone go back to school for fashion design.”

“Do you regret any of it?” You pause in thought. Regret. Something that has been on your mind since you walked out of Jiyong’s apartment. You take a deep breath and turn smiling at JiEun.

“There is something I regret but being able to work with you and the people I’ve met…I don’t regret that one bit,” JiEun locks arms with you as you continue to walk the mall.

“While we are on the subject, since you will be coming back to Korea for school, you’re going to need some way to pay for school and living expense. Am I right?”

“My mom and aunt are helping out a little but I will need some extra money when it comes to rent.”

“How about this? I would like to offer you a temporary position as a stylist on my team,” You stop and pull away from JiEun in surprise.

“Really? You don’t have to give me a job out of pity…”

“It’s not out of pity. I know you will need a job, one of the girls is going abroad to do work with a fashion designer and you did excellent work as my assistant before.”

“Oh, my…I don’t know what to say!”

“Say yes. I’m starving and want to go eat.”

“Yes!” You laugh as you both hug before heading out to eat.

~~~~~~~~~~

You stand in the kitchen cooking with Yuri sitting beside you on the counter.

“So, you’re going to be working with YG again? Can I visit?”

“Yuri! You are so obvious in trying to get close with BigBang.”

“SeungRi will call me noona,” You laugh as Yuri clenches her fist in determination. “Have you told GD?”

“No…” You turn from her to cut up some vegetables. You hear her softly land on the floor from jumping off the counter.

“WHAT?! What is with you and not telling him anything? Aren’t you in love with him?” You put the knife down and turn to Yuri.

“I am! But…I lied to him. I told him that I regret ever meeting him and …he would never forgive me for saying that,” Yuri sighs as you see her thinking face.

“Where’s GD?”

“Probably at YGE….WHY?” You turn to Yuri as she looks around the kitchen. She then moves into the living room. “Yuri!”

Yuri grabs your phone and scrolls looking for something.

“Choi Yuri! What are you doing?”

“You’re going to call GD and tell him that you want to talk with him and you will work everything out.”

“What?!” Yuri presses a few buttons and hands you the phone. “Yuri! Are you…”

“Hello?” His voice sounds gruff like he was asleep and your heart races hearing it.