Chapter 5

Love by Design

 

After the short quiet ride back to your apartment, you both get out.

"Thank you for the ride," You turn as you walk toward your apartment building.

"I was serious the other day! I like you," You turn back to him. GD leans against his white luxury car, his hands in his pocket and smirking.

"How? You don't even know me that well," GD walks up to you. He leans down with his lips near your ear and whispers.

"I want to change that," He stands up straight with the smile that makes your heart jump each time you see it. You don't know why but you want him to stay near you and hold you.

"Your phone. Give it to me," You pull out your phone and hesitantly gave it to him. GD dials a few numbers and a tone sounds in the air. GD pulls out his phone and hands you back yours.

"Now we can get to know each other. Good night," He waves goodbye as he goes back to his car. He waits as you enter the building before driving off.

You open the door to your apartment and stop. You immediately notice the high heels resting at the front door. You slowly remove your shoes before entering the living room. You quickly notice the well-dressed woman sitting on your sofa looking around the room.

"Hello, aunt," You bow slightly toward the woman. She looks at you and smiles a small smile.

"I thought you would come home late," You move into the living room but keep from sitting down.

"I'm sorry. I was busy at work," You quickly move into the kitchen and make tea. You bring the two steaming cups of tea into the living room, serving your aunt first before sitting down with your own cup.

"Work? Ah, that new job you said you had."

"Yes. I work with a stylist as an assistant for an entertainment company."

"Does it pay well?"

"I just started but it should be enough to get by."

"I guess," She sighs and she looks around the apartment with dissatisfaction.

"Auntie, is there a reason that you wanted to meet up at my apartment? I'm supposed to visit you next week," Your aunt places her tea cup down and looks into your eyes. She is your mother's sister and the two are one in the same as she cares for you as if you're her own daughter.

"It's your mother," Shock comes over your face. You lived away from your mother, who resides in Canada after your father's death.

"Is...is something wrong? Is mother okay?"

"She's fine. She just has a request. She wants you to move to Canada with her."

"Why?"

"You-ah, you're obviously struggling here. Your mother wants you near her and in Canada you can get a good education in fashion design to start your dream. Isn't that what you want? To work in fashion design?" You sigh as you think about the words she said to you.

"Yes, but..." Your mind is in a jumble that you can't really find what you want to say except, "can I think about it?"

"What's there to think about?"

"Just...I don't know. I just want to think about it."

Your aunt sighs as she stands and moves towards the door. You quickly follow her.

"Fine, I'll give you some time," She turns towards you. You keep your head down, avoiding her gaze. "I do hope you make the right choice, for yourself that is."

"Yes, aunt. Have a good night," You bow as she sleeps on her shoes and opens the door. She looks at you one last time before leaving. As you close the door, you let out a sigh of relief. Your aunt always worried for you but it felt almost like a burden on you. Her judging you was almost too much sometimes. As you move back into your apartment, you hear your phone ring in the air. Getting your phone out of the kitchen where you left it, you see you have a text message from GD.

Hey, are you busy tomorrow? I want to meet up with you so we can get to know each other. -Jiyong

You feel yourself chuckle at the message. It was kind of a relief to get the message from him. You think that you don't need time to decide on this.

"Sure. Let's meet up."

 

QUESTION! Do you all like the story with your username included or do you want an acutal name in the story?