Chapter 17

Love by Design

 

"What? Why?" You enter further into the apartment but turn back to Jiyong who stands at the entrance.

"Why? Because we're like two different kinds of socks. We don't match."

"You aren't making any sense," Jiyong says approaching you.

"You aren't! You say you want me to know you as Kwon Jiyong and that Kwon Jiyong will be the only one who loves me but, I don't get Jiyong. I only get him at night. I don't want that kind of relationship."

"Jagiya..." Jiyong tries to hold you but you push away his hands.

"I'm leaving to pursue my dream career to be a fashion designer."

"So I have nothing to do with this choice?"

"You had a major part to do with my choice," You say as tears fill your eyes and your throat tightens.

"Ever since meeting you, my life has turned crazy. I'm plucked from my job and placed into a position that I'm getting through because of unnie's niceness and my limited knowledge of fashion. I've been threatened by faceless fans because I want love their precious oppa. I was placed in a position where one minute, I have to be an assistant and ignore all feelings I might have then the next, I have to be madly in love with you. I'm supposed to be in a relationship with you but I see you rarely and only at night. No one can know about us."

"Yes, they can. I can date whoever I want," Jiyong says taking your hand. You hold on to his for a second before pulling away.

"No! No, they can't. You will always be G-Dragon. To your family, your labelmates, your closest friends, you might be Jiyong but to the world, you are G-Dragon and they outnumber everyone," Tears start to stream down your cheeks.

"you..." Jiyong steps to you but stops.

"I do love you, Jiyong but what's best for the both of us is if we aren't together," You move around him toward the door and start to slip on your shoes.

"Do you regret it then?" You turn back to him.

"Do you regret falling in love with me?" Jiyong asks, looking into your eyes with pain.

"No.  I regret ever knowing you," You turn and leave the apartment. As you step onto the elevator, the tears come harder. You fold into a ball in the corner and cry and shake.

Heartwrenching, huh? Poor Jiyong. Would you leave Jiyong if you were in the main character's position?