Chapter 11

Love by Design

 

You stand in the kitchen, prepping ingredients for a bibimbap. You promised Yuri that you would make it one day this week, so what better time and Jiyong could taste your cooking. As you put the red pepper paste on the counter, you hear the doorbell ring. You skip to the door.

“Ji…OH!” You open to a surprise. Jiyong stands with a frown on his face with SeungRi, Taeyang, and TOP around him. They all wave at you. You bow to them.

“They said they wanted to visit you too. They wouldn’t take no for an answer,” You just nod.

“Come inside, then,” You move to the side as four of the five members of Big Bang enter. “Where’s Daesung-sshi?”

“He had to do some work on a song and wanted to be alone,” SeungRi answers as he sits on the sofa. TOP stands in the middle of the room looking around with interest. Taeyang sits next to SeungRi while Jiyong stands next to you with his hands in his pocket.

“They serious couldn’t take hints that I wanted to be alone,” You look at him and smile. You nudge him.

“It’s okay,” You get all of their attention. “Guys, I was about to make some bibimbap. Do you want to help me and eat some?”

“Sure, noona!” SeungRi says standing up from the sofa. You all move into the kitchen and begin the process. As you all mix and add ingredients, they discuss what they know best, music. You’re amazed about how passionate they are about it and are in awe of how fierce Jiyong gets when it comes to music. You pull out a spoon to taste the dish but Jiyong grabs it away from you.

“Say ah!” He says offering a spoonful to you. You move to open your mouth but SeungRi moves front of you and takes it.

“Yah! You little…” Jiyong chases after SeungRi, telling him to spit it out.

“Noona wouldn’t like this, hyung. You made it too salty.”

“You jerk!” The two keep going like cat and mouse until Jiyong catches him and puts him in a headlock. “Apologize to noona for eating that! Apologize!”

“Jiyong, it’s okay. You don’t…”

You,” You turn around to see TOP standing there with a spoonful of bibimbap. “Say ah.”

You take the bite and smile. “It’s good!”

“Hyung!” You both look to Jiyong who looks disappointed.

“Yah, she would be waiting all night if you had to feed her.”

“But, hyung!” Jiyong walks toward the oldest of the group. He looks like a little kid who was told that play time was over. TOP takes the spoon and gets another spoonful.

“Jiyong, say ah!”

“Ah, hyung! Don’t do that.”

“Say AH!” Jiyong sighs before doing what he is told. He takes the spoonful which brings a smile to TOP’s face. “Good boy.”

TOP pats Jiyong’s head before heading to the sofa where Taeyang is already asleep and follows him into dreamland. Jiyong looks at SeungRi and shoos him away from the kitchen, leaving you two alone. Jiyong stands onside of you, mixing the bibimbap more.

“I’m sorry for the craziness.”

“No, it’s okay. I needed this.”

You watch Jiyong as he continues to mix and taste, being the perfectionist that he is to get the dish correct. Your mind travels back to DongDaeMun and what happened; the fans mobbing him and how it felt being pushed to the back. You’re close to him but you know you will always be far away from outside the walls of YG and your home. You rarely saw each other at either places and he would always belong to the public and be “their G-dragon”. Jiyong looks at you and sees the concern look on your face. Jiyong stops what he’s doing and wraps you in a tight hug. You can feel the tears forming in your eyes and burning your throat.

“Jiyong, here and in your house, and at YG, you’re Jiyong, right?”

Jiyong chuckles and answers a quiet “Yes”.

“But…outside those walls…you’re G-Dragon,right?” Jiyong pulls away from the hug and immediately sees your tears.

“You are G-dragon to everyone. Jiyong is not around that much. Since, G-dragon is the one that is around the most, we can’t be together, huh? Jiyong is the only one who likes me, not G-Dragon. So, we can’t be together, right?”

Jiyong looks confused and dazzled by the questions as tears fall down your face. If G-Dragon is the one around the most, how can you have Jiyong?

“What?”

Saw the GTOP moment I put in there? Ah! I'm such a GTOP fangirl. How's the story so far? Good? Boring? Please tell me!