Chapter 19

Love by Design

 

You stand at the bus stop waiting. The interview with one of your soon to be professors went well and you are ready to transfer. As you stand, you take in your surroundings and quickly notice a billboard announcing BigBang's comeback coming soon. As you look at it, a thought clicks in your head. Just as the bus pulls up, you jog off to a new destination.

You enter into the old building that when you first entered, was exciting and scary. You see the old receptionists and she quickly recognizes you.

"Hi! Haven't seen you in some time. How are you?"

"Hello. I'm fine. Is Jieun unnie here?"

"No, she's out."

"Oh. Okay. Can you tell her that I came by and visited? She can call me at my old number. Thank you," You leave but just as you step out of the building your phone rings.

Looking at the screen, you see it's JiEun.

"Unni! I just visited your office!"

"Oh! Really? I heard you were back and decided to call. Great minds think alike, huh?" You both laugh.

"Where are you, unni?"

"YGE," You feel a knot in your stomach. "Come by and visit."

You are frozen on the sidewalk as you think about the possible encounter with Jiyong and how it would be between you two.

"I...I don't know, unni."

"Come by and then we can go and get something to eat, okay. I'll pay."

"O...okay. I'll be there in a few minutes," You turn and slowly but surely make your way to the YG building.

~~~

After being greeted by everyone on your return, you stand on side of Jieun once again as she works. You don't take physical notes, but mental and just stand to the side as a guest.

"How does it feel being back in Korea?"

"Nice. I've missed being here. I thought I would forget Korean but I've done well so far," You both laugh. Silence passes between you.

"Have you talked to Jiyong?" JiEun asks without looking up from her work.

"Huh? Oh...no. I just...I kind of left on bad terms with him," JiEun looks at you. "It's nothing. Just...I heard about the trouble he had last year. I was worried. Is he okay?"

"Why don't you ask him yourself?" You stiffen before turning to see Jiyong standing in the doorway.

 

Short chapter. I'll update again later. It's actually getting near the end. Do you think they'll get back together?