Chapter 1

Love by Design

"Ow!"

 

"Stop moving!" You yell at your best friend as you pin the hem of the slacks she wears. They are men's slacks but she's the only model you can get to wear them. She's 5'8", short for a male model but tall enough for an average male. As you put in the last pin, you stand and admire your work. The dark slacks look good even on a female model.
 
"Alright. Take them off."
 
"So fast! We haven't even had drinks yet, " Yuri says covering herself modestly.
 
"Yah! Choi Yuri!" She laughs as she carefully steps down and removed the pants. She hands you the pants as you look at the hem and move toward your sewing machine. You watch as the seam quickly appears as the needle of the machine moves across the fabric.
 
"So how many pants is it now? 200?"
 
"Ha ha. It's only the tenth pair," You say over your shoulder as you  removed the pants from the machine, check the seam and move to the other pant leg.
 
"Well, Miss designer, how many outfits have you made?"
 
"About 15, why?" You say without missing a beat with the sewing machine.
 
"Just asking. You should...oh! what time is it?" You stop the machine and look up at the wall clock.
 
"DAMN IT!" You pull the pants from the machine, bite the thread with your teeth to break it and throw the pants to the side. You rush out of the room to change
for work.
 
~~~~
Working at one of the few men's clothing shops in COEX mall wasn't your dream job but it was part of your dream career. Fashion had always been part of your life with your mother encouraging you until now. 
 
As you straighten your uniform, you hear your coworkers welcome in a customer. You turn and bow.
 
"Welcome!" You greet the guest. Looking up you see a couple walking arm and arm as they talk to the store manager about picking up a tailored suit.
 
"Yah! Why were you so late today?" You turn to your co-worker, HyeRin, as she whispers to you and messes with a manniqun.
 
"I was finishing a pair of slacks that I made. They're navy color, simple stitching..."
 
"Yah! Why do you bother with this design mess? You can't start a label unless you have connections."
 
"I know, sunbae, but a girl can dream," You both hear your co-workers welcome another guest. You decide not to greet this one as you organize ties. Working there for 2 years, you were tired of the same routine over and over again.
 
"Ommo! Look!" HyeRin hits your arm, throwing you off balance.
 
"Sunbae! What.." She covers your mouth and pulls you to the side to spy on the new customers.
 
"Ommo!" You realize why HyeRin is so excited. "GD & TOP?" You see the two superstars walk casually into the shop and start browsing at the suits and accessories.
 
"Oh! Why are they here?"
 
"I would guess to buy a suit, sunbae," HyeRin pushes you out into the store. You stop yourself from falling as the manager walks up to you.
 
"If you ladies are done playing, we have customers that need to be served," You and HyeRin bow. You watch as HyeRin immediately moves to T.O.P.'s side with his manager close by her. You shake your head and turn to see G-Dragon looking at the suit on the manniqun in the middle of the store. You breath out and move toward him.
 
"Son-nim*, how may I help you?"
 
"Ah! I'm fine. I'm just browsing," He waves you off. You bow and step back. You continue to watch him. You aren't a big fan of his group, Big Bang, but you know about them and their fashion style. Being this close to the one everyone calls a "fashion king" is a dream. You've followed GD's fashion from Big Bang's "Lies" days and knew every designer that they've worn. As you watch GD, you feel his celebrity presence which keeps you focused on him. He feels this as he looks at you and smiles. Your heart jumps at his big smile.
 
"Jiyong-ie!" You hear a voice. You both look as the tall man GD came in with walks up to him. "Jiyong-ie, you should try on this suit. It looks good, right?" GD examines the photobook with suits you have in the store and nods. He looks up at you and gives you the book.
 
"Can I see this suit?" You jump as if you snap out of a trances and bow.
 
"Yes, sir," You retrieve the suit and give it to GD to try on. After he has it on, he moves in front of the stories 180 degree mirror. As he adjusts the suit, you have the urge to fix it. It's the stylist in you that you got from your aunt. You always try to make people look good in clothing. If they look good, they feel good. If they feel good, they'll have a good day. That's always been your motivation in fashion.
 
"Excuse me," You murmur as you stand behind GD. He looks surprised by you standing there. "Can I make a little adjustment?" He chuckles as he nods. You move to work as you alter the hem a little, using pins you have in your pocket. You move up his body and adjust the suit jacket. You quickly find yourself rolling the sleeves up to his elbow, showing off the tattoos on his arm that everyone knows about that you really like too. You move behind him and adjust the collar. As you stare at his reflection, you catch his eyes look at you. You step back as you finish. He smirks as you avert your eyes.
 
"Hyung!" He turns to TOP who is having his suit tailored also.
 
"Oh! Good!" GD looks at you and smiles his gummy smile which makes you blush. 
 
"I'll take it," Look at him with surprise and smile.
 
"Yes, sir," At the counter, you stand in front of GD, making arrangements for the tailoring and for him to pay.
 
"What's your name?" He asks. You're surprised by him asking you so sudden.
 
"You," He nods and repeats your name which makes you blush again.
 
"The tailoring should be done in a week."
 
"Thank you, You-sshi," You bow as he and TOP leaves out of the store. HyeRin is quick to be by your side.
 
"Wow! Big Bang's GD & TOP. TOP was as handsome as ever," You barely listened as you remembered GD's smile and his voice saying your name.
~~~~
 
You sit at the bus stop with your sketchbook in your lap. Your ideas for outfits never stopped coming to you. Any time you had free time, you sketched and took notes. As you continue to wait for the bus, a black sedan pulls up and a man in a black suits steps out.
 
"You-sshi?"
 
"Yes?" He pulls out a folder and business card to you.
 
"Review this material and call this number tomorrow morning. They will be anticpating your call," After handing you the folder, the man gets back into the car
and drives away before you can say anything.
 
You look down at the black folder with a gold design on it. You then look at the card and read the name.
 
"Kim Jieun*? Who is that?"
 
* - son-nim: used to address customers
A/N - I don't know JiEun-noona's (Big Bang's stylist) last name, so I gave her that name