J: Aftershocks

A Trip to Korea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The cool weather is a bit refreshing. But she's not used to this cold winds. "I'll get something warm for us and then we head back, okay?" I said as I pointed to the mart at the corner. "Wait here, I won't be long." As I walk to the mart, I look for the mask in my pockets. Can't seem to find it. At the front of the store a couple come out and pass next to me, I could smell the beer they're drinking. Ahh finally I could find the mask on my side pocket. I put it on before coming in.

I look for the self service drink stand and pour a hot water to the tea bag in the paper cup. Then I look for a beer for myself. I nod to the young man on the cashier, and take a pack of . How stupid I am, I forgot to bring it along. After I paid, slip the to my pants pocket. Callie doesn't need to know this.

As I goes out the mart. I hear a girl scream by the office building. She is trash talking to Callie. "Yah!! Michin nom!! (Lunatic!!)" But I don't think they heard me. I rush to them and recognize the couple from before. Her boyfriend holding her away from Callie. She yell things I hope Callie don't understand. She curse and splash her beer at Callie. "Yah!! Michin yeoja! Jongshin chalryo! (Crazy girl! Get hold of yourself!)" The boyfriend startled because of me, he let go of her. And everything happen so quickly. She throw a beer can at Callie and push her. Make her drop to the pavement. I curse at the couple and push her aside. I heard the boyfriend apologize and they run away.

I drop everything as I check her. She's still covering her face. Softly I pull her hand down, " Callie are you alright?" She barely nodded. She's trembling as I wipe her face. I help her to stand and let her lean to me. "L

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter