Chapter 8

Feelings

“Wait!”

A voice suddenly rose from the crowd.

Jungkook who was still on stage and about to accept the older man’s punishment, look for a while confused at what, or rather who had just spoken. With the noises the other group of interns, nurses and doctors of the other hospitals were making, Jungkook thought he wouldn’t be able to recognize the voice, yet he did. At first he had thought that he was only imagining the voice he was somehow incline to believe it belong to but then he saw Myungjae’s expression. And he knew.

A figure, Jungkook knew all too well, climbed up the stage then and from the way he was glaring at Jungkook, he didn’t seem please at all at what he was seeing. Not surprising, considering that just when he returns from whatever business that was more important to him than his own interns, one of them was getting in trouble with the chief of another hospital. And nonetheless Seoul hospitals biggest rival, the hospital Han. So it was no surprise that Dr Kim Taehyung looked more than angry. But honestly, Jungkook couldn’t care less. With Dr Kim neglecting them, they had been looked down upon ever since then and this stupid camp in which supposedly was invented to help them build bond with others became an entire farce. In truth, this place seems more like a great place to have arrogant bastards show off how incredible their teamwork were instead of an instructive event.

Without a word to Jungkook, not that it offended Jungkook that much, Taehyung turned to the chief Minho and asked darkly

“May I know what you are doing right now?”

“Oh, Dr Kim. How nice of you to join us. Actually it’s a good thing that you’re here to finally show some interest to those brats of yours. I mean, interns. But I guess I shouldn’t be so surprised that one of your interns is this undisciplined. It just takes after his master, right?” Jungkook was about to pummel the head to the ground but he remained in his place however. All because of one thing. The one thing that frustrates him more than anything. Taehyung’s strange power on him.

Why is it that Taehyung only had to glare at him or to look at him in any way for him to think twice before acting? Why was he so conscious of Taehyung when he obviously hated the guy more than anything?

Pushing those frustrating and contradicting thoughts from his mind, he reluctantly remained put. Honestly, he just wanted to leave now. Jungkook was really done with all this stupid thing anyway. What was the point of him being this dedicated if the one person he was supposed to please wasn’t even around to see? And just when he did a mistake, here he was? The was this?!

 

“Hmm. And what did he do that was so undisciplined?” Taehyung asked, moving in front of Jungkook. Probably in an attempt to keep him away from the smug face of that old chief. Something Jungkook could only snort at.

“He hit one of my students. All because, he was better than him when it came to perform a Tracheostomy.”

“That’s not true. He sabotaged me.” Jungkook threw back but of course, Taehyung didn’t seem willing to hear his version at all. With a hand in the air signaling Jungkook to be quiet, Taehyung said

“In that case, I’ll punish him myself.”

“Oh, I love your sense of responsibility Dr Kim, but don’t you think it be a little too easy if I just accept it? He did broke my student’s nose after all.” Jungkook was just about to really lose it when his eyes instantly widen at what Taehyung did instead. And he wasn’t the only one shocked by it. Actually literally everyone were. Who wouldn’t be? Taehyung had after all just practically exploded his fist by hitting one of the post holding the roof together. Without even flinching, he raised his bloody hand under chief Minho’s chin and spat coldly

“Hard enough for you? You can now rest assure. He’ll be punish. It now became very personal.”

With that said, Taehyung walked down the stage with Jungkook and the rest of the team trailing after him. To said that Jungkook was shocked, was an understatement. The hell, he had never met anyone that would willingly hurt himself to make a point. And to what cost?

When they arrived in Taehyung’s room, Taehyung waved casually Myungjae and the other two girls back to their room saying calmly

“You three can go and rest. I’ll see you guys tomorrow morning.”

“Yes, professor” They only said in response before leaving him alone with Jungkook. Frankly Jungkook didn’t know what to expect from the guy at all, so he settled for a stubborn posture and said strongly convinced of being right

“I know I shouldn’t have punched him but he really cheated. He messed with my equipment that’s why…”

“I know” Interrupted coolly Dr Taehyung much to Jungkook’s surprise. Did i actually hear him right? Wondered perplexedly Jungkook. And indeed, surprisingly he did heard Kim Taehyung right. Which by the way made Jungkook more nervous than relieved. As he watched his professor slowly wrapped a bandage around his wound, Jungkook waited patiently for the man to continue but the answers never came. So Jungkook asked, uncertain to why he was feeling this betrayed by the man instead of feeling touched that he actually seem to believe him.

“You do?”

“Yeah. Unfortunately I’m very much acquainted with Dr Minho’s way of doing. How ironic of him to say that you take after me when obviously, it’s his student that took after him. But it still doesn’t make it ok for you to hit him. You should try and control better your temper.”

“I’ll think about it.” Jungkook blankly replied, earning instantly a confused frown from Taehyung. Which by the way asked

“What’s with the tone?” Silence.

“Jeon Jungkook, I believe I just asked you a question. What is with your tone?”

“Do you really want to know, Dr Kim-ssi?” Jungkook finally snapped back, unable to contain the sarcastic tone rolling on his tongue when he pronounced Dr Kim’s name. Something that didn’t go unnoticed by the older man.

“Well, I’ll be honest with you then. Before giving me advice why don’t you be more authentic with me and my colleagues? You don’t really care about us do you? Trying to save the day and pretending you actually give a is really disgusting to see. When I became an intern I was looking forward to have a great chief. Someone I’ll be proud to work under. But frankly, ever since I’ve been your student I’ve been through nothing but trouble. I’ve been disrespected, mocked and even have been humiliated because Mr has decided there were more important things than his responsibilities. If you really want me to be in better control of my temper, why don’t you try and actually do your work. Or at least, don’t be a burden.”

By the end of biting words, Jungkook was waiting for at least a punch from the man but weirdly, the said man looked completely... calm. As if he didn't care at all. And that just did it for Jungkook.

With an annoyed sigh, he finally turned away about to leave when he almost bumped into Dr Park Jimin. From the way, he was glaring at him, Jungkook figured he must’ve heard everything, he couldn’t be bothered by it whatsoever. He really was done with all this .

 

 

Taehyung had never felt this numb in his entire life. He didn’t know if it was the fact that he had just lost his grandmother or the fact that he was used of being treated this way but he couldn’t feel anything at all. Even the pain on his fist didn’t hurt him that much. Actually, Taehyung didn’t even know if he was even awake. And if he was, why couldn’t he remember what he did before returning at the resort. By the time Jungkook had said his piece of mind and had left a furious Jimin behind, Taehyung was already feeling dizzy with everything. He didn’t lose consciousness though. Instead, he pulled Jimin down on his bed, keeping him from chasing after Jeon Jungkook and asked blankly

“Hey stop right there, where do you think you’re going? Anyway, can I have the report you’ve made on them while I was gone.” Jimin looked at Taehyung as if the man had grown a second head then pushing his hand off him, not too roughly to not hurt Taehyung, then he said seriously pissed off

“Ya, are you crazy? You just arrived and the first thing you ask me about is that stupid report? Taehyungie, do you realize just how worried I was? You didn’t even call. Plus that kid just disrespected you and you still want the report I made about them? Why don’t you punch him in the face with it instead and see if he still has the guts to say that you don’t give a about them?”

Sighing only in response, he took the report from his best friend hands and in hope to change the subject, Taehyung mumbled

“Why are you so mad? Anyway, did you talk things out with Yoongi ssi yet?”

Jimin stammered uneasily

“What do you mean? There’s nothing that he and I need to be talking about? And don’t try and change the subject!”

“I’m not. We’re just done with that other conversation.”

“Well then tell me how you are doing…” Jimin started but was interrupted coldly

“Don’t want to talk about it. Jiminie just answer my question. What are you going to with Min Yoongi ssi?”

Jimin would lie if he said Taehyung’s respond didn’t worry him but he played along anyway. Fully aware that pushing on the topic even further would only hurt his friend instead of helping him. For now at least, Jimin won’t be curious.

“I don’t know. He will eventually forget it if I don’t bring it up right?”

“Now that’s mean.”

”What do you mean by mean? What if a guy asks you if he can chase you? What would you say or do then?”

“I’ll give him an answer.” Taehyung calmly responded as if it was the most evident thing to do in the world but just one glance at Jimin, and Taehyung realized it wasn’t that easy for him. After all, it’s not every day that a guy says he wants to court you. And that guy being Min Yoongi made it even more delicate. Putting away the report, Taehyung draped reassuringly an arm around his best friend’s shoulder and said

“Ok, listen, don’t rush yourself ok. Take the time to observe him and get to know him once again. But if you’re really not gay in the end, then just tell him right on. It’s cruel to make someone waiting. And if anything were to happen you know that I’ve got your back.” Jimin laughed softly. He was about to hug Taehyung then but refrained when he saw the bandaged fist. Grimacing slightly, he gently hit Taehyung’s head and said

“Did you really have to go that far for those kids? They don’t seem to appreciate at all what you’re doing for them.”

“And they don’t need to know. I’m not looking for their respect or whatever. I want them to succeed. That’s all. Whether they thank me or not later, it’s not really important. In the end, what they’ll achieve as doctors is what matters. So if I have to be the bad guy for them to find what kind of doctor they want to be then that’s fine by me. Anyway, you should go back to your room…”

“Heck no. I’m sleeping with you today.” Jimin quickly interrupted, instantly climbing into Taehyung’s bed so fast, Taehyung almost fell from the abrupt movement. Thankfully he didn’t. He then sighed dramatically and lamented

“Ya, Jiminie, you are going to be the death of me.”

“Oh shut up already. Oh do you prefer I go back to my room where I might accidently go into the wrong and hit someone accidently if you know what I mean.”

"I'm taking the left side.” Taehyung immediately complied, not really fond of the idea of Jimin assaulting someone. And especially not if that person was a certain intern of his.

 

Taehyung couldn’t sleep at all. Even when the sun rose, he was still up, staring blankly at the ocean view by his balcony. He didn’t have any thoughts in particular however. Actually, he wasn’t thinking at all. His mind kept blanking out. And the more he stared out in the open, the lesser he was thinking. He was grateful for that though. He didn’t want to think about anything. Not the camp, work or even… He couldn’t allow his mind to adventure that far. He doubted he’ll be able to take it without falling apart, so that’s why he tried to empty his mind as much as possible. At 6 in the morning, he forced himself off the long chair he was sitting on and returning in the room, he grabbed his towel for a quick shower. After that, he grabbed his stuff and was about to leave when he heard a groan from under his sheets. Affectionately patting his best friend to sleep, he whispered softly

“Just go back to sleep.”

“Where are you going?”

“Out for a while. Don’t worry about me and just go back to sleep.”

After making sure that Jimin was indeed asleep, he finally walked out of the room. He didn’t wander long. After fixing his intern regime of work and food menu, he pulled out his phone and after a long and detailing video call with Dr Kang, Taehyung had come to the conclusion that the best pattern for his students now would be to focus honing their skills by making them do more field practice. Like him, Dr Kang thought they had enough practice with the hospital material too, and it was time for them to train the interns raw. Something Taehyung had wanted to do ever since they arrived here but he wasn’t so sure he could do it anymore. He wasn’t sure he’ll be able to get anything out of his students now. At least, not directly.

 

Jungkook woke up with a terrible headache. He didn’t take anything to calm it however. Not because he was too lazy to do so but because he knew it wouldn’t have much effect on him. After all the headache wasn’t physical but more mental. And it had a name: Kim Taehyung. When he woke up Myungjae, Ahn and Jinyoung were already at the dining room with Taehyung. And by the way they looked grave, he had just announced them what they were going to be doing for the day. Jungkook didn’t even bother greeting the older man, instead he pour himself a cup of coffee and waiting for the man to leave, he sipped calmly his coffee. When Taehyung did leave, Myungjae glared coldly at him then kicking him under the table, he said

“What is wrong with you? Can you please stop getting yourself in trouble?”

“What did I do?” Jungkook only said, much to the others exasperation. Thankfully, they didn’t push further as Jinyoung only said getting up from her seat

“In case you still care, we’ll be going somewhere today with Dr Park.”

“As always, he finds other people to do his job.” Jungkook couldn’t help but whisper under his breath, earning a disapproving look from Myungjae, which he easily ignored. If they wanted to keep on kissing up Taehyung’s it was up to them, but Jungkook sure as hell didn’t want to do it too.

 

As said, Dr Park did take them to a place, Jungkook had never been at before. It was a little village lost in the middle of nowhere, composed essentially of elderly people and children’s who looked just so pitiful. Jimin-ssi had explained that the isolation of the village made it really hard for the villagers to get medical treatment which was partly why many were dying in such a short time. But even like that, the villagers refused to leave. Essentially because it was their home. A place, where they were born at and where they’ll die at. Strange but somehow touching at the same time. For the first time in his life, while taking care of the elders, he actually felt like what he was doing were more than just his job. It was an odd feeling. Something so utterly new for Jungkook that he couldn’t find words to describe. So instead he focused on helping these people as much as he can. And somehow not even that of Taehyung around to darken his mood, he could finally just enjoy what he was doing. Well, he would enjoy it more if Dr Park would stop glaring at him every now and then. Then again, it shouldn’t be that much of a surprise. Considering, Dr Kim was his best friend.

“My dear, how is your grandmother? Last time you came, you said she was a bit ill. Is she alright now?” An old lady he had been taking his blood pressure suddenly asked out of the blue. Slightly frowning at the question, Jungkook asked uncertain

“My grandmother?”

“Yes. Ah hang on a second, here these are some freshly picked herbs that can help ease the pain. Just rub her back with it and she should feel better.”

“Oh uhm thank you.” Jungkook said, not really sure if he should accept the gift or not. Obviously the lady was mistaking him for someone else.

“You don’t have to thank me V ah. After everything you’ve done for us. This is just a small token of our appreciation for you.”

V? Jungkook wondered with a frown.

“Come on let’s go. Grandma, we’ll have to go now. But we’ll come back again ok?” Jimin was the one who spoke as he tenderly clasped the older woman’s hand before signaling at Jungkook that they were on their way. Thanking once again the woman, Jungkook took the herbs and just as he was about to climb in the truck, his eyes linger longer than it should on familiar beige coat an elder was wearing. He snapped out of his thoughts though when Jimin threaten to leave him behind if he doesn’t quickly get in the truck which he did and therefore they went to another village.

Again like the previous village, the name V would pop out now and then from the villagers but sadly, Jungkook couldn’t really tell them much about the guy even less give them any news of him when he didn’t have the slightest clue of who the person was. He had tried to ask Dr Park, but every time he approached the man, he would immediately walk away and just ignore him. Jungkook had then decided to give up. Until, he overhears a rather interesting conversation between Dr Park and an old lady of the third village they were visiting.

“… I don’t know what to say. Is that why V ah didn’t come with you today?” The old lady said.

“No, the reason he didn’t come is a little bit more delicate. Actually, he’s trying to teach someone a lesson. And you know him. He has his way of doing those things.”

“Unfortunately i do. His methods are very unorthodox nevertheless they are quite convenient. But tell me, how is he doing then? Is he holding on?”

“Grandma Sul Ki, I can’t really answer that. He makes it look like he’s fine. But I’m sure he’s not. His grandmother was everything to him. Losing her must be quite a big deal. But he also has all this other things he needs to do so he can’t really grieve. That’s why I’m so worried about him. He hasn’t even cried yet. I’m trying to be there for him but I don’t know. I think he’s still in shock.” Jungkook stopped listening after that. After all, it seemed like the conversation was getting more and more personal. Besides, The V guy doesn’t seem to be anyone he knew anyway, so eaves dropping felt weird, even for him.

At lunch time, Jungkook, Myungjae, Ahn and Jinyoung finally got a few hours of rest. Jungkook took that chance to find himself a quiet place to rest, when Dr Park called him and the rest of the team back to the truck. Jungkook expected the man to make them a short briefing on how things were going or something but strangely enough, he ordered them to sit down and gave them each a container with their name written on top of the lit with a black marker. To say that Jungkook was shocked was totally understandable. After all, lunch wasn’t part of the work at all. He did know they will have a break and possibly will get to eat some snack to hold them until their return, but he sure as hell wasn’t aware of having their lunch packed in advance. With a frown, Jungkook questionably stared at Dr Park, who evidently only ignored him and instructed

“Go on and eat. If you don’t want to, just put it away. But just know that things are going to get far more physical after this. So if I were you, I’ll eat as much as I can.”

Dr Park didn’t have to say more for the interns to get on with eating their unplanned lunch. Jungkook noticed then that each of their lunch box were different. But different in a good way. Why was his lunch box filled with nothing but his favorite food? It seems like he wasn’t the only one who looked just as intrigued for after opening Myungjae bit hungrily his side rib and said

“Oh My Gosh, this is my favorite.”

“Salad Cesar. The hell, I love this.” Exclaimed this time Ahn.

“Is this sushi? Am I in heaven?” Jinyoung commented before digging in without further hesitation. Although, Jungkook was still a bit confused at why they all got to eat their favorite food, he didn’t complain further and silently savored his meal, unaware of the turns of things awaiting them.

 

Bitter. That was how Taehyung was feeling. No matter how much he tried to remain optimistic, he couldn’t find the strength to. It was so unlike him that he couldn’t even recognize himself when he looked himself in the mirror. In the end Jungkook was probably right. The way he was now, he was only a burden for them. But then again, he couldn’t tell Dr Kang, that he needed some time on his own. That would be giving Jungkook more reason to be a and he sure as hell didn’t want to give him that satisfaction. Sure, he wasn’t in his best of days, but he wasn’t the type to just give up. His grandmother wouldn’t want him to. So pulling himself together, Taehyung forced his feet to keep running. Because of his many issues he hadn’t been able to fulfill any of the chief regimen that would help with their interns’ marks for the end of the camp. As the mentor of his interns, he couldn’t let them down just like that. Ignoring then the pain he felt all over his body due to lack of sleep and food deprivation, Taehyung pushed himself into completing each and every task without fail. Even when the sky got stormy and the rain had started to pour, he was still out in the field doing the laps. 54 laps? He had read on the board. Why did they have so much? Somehow, the name Jeon Jungkook to his mind and he can only sigh in response. That kid was seriously too troublesome. Had he been that way too at some point? Dear goodness, if he was, Taehyung really needed to apologize to Dr Kang, his hyungs and noona. As well as his parents. Taehyung pushed away his long thoughts of redemption for later, then brushing his damp hair back, he began his race. Regardless of the rain who had begun to pour or someone’s voice who could be heard from afar, he ran. He only ran.

 

Jeon Jungkook was exhausted. But content. Ever since this camp has started, he actually felt like he was doing something for real. He wasn’t up against those lame excuse of doctors from the Han hospital neither did he have to tolerate his said mentor. For once, he was content with his day. So when he returned to the camp and after taking a shower, he hadn’t expect his nice day to suddenly be all about his annoying mentor. Again him.

“He’s doing the lap right now.” He heard Myungjae said the minute he walked out of his bath. With irritation, he loosely held his towel in his hand and ask completely disconnected to the issue

“So?”

“So? I really don’t get why you hate him so much?”

“Do you even have to ask?” Replied condescendingly Jungkook as he made his way to his closet. Oblivious to the glare Myungjae sent his way. Or the disapproving look, he held when he said

“You’re only mad because he doesn’t give you as much attention as you’re used of having from people.”

“Are you trying to get me mad Myungjae-ssi?” Jungkook coldly retorted, his face distorted in anger though he tried to remain calm. He might be in loose end with his temper but he sure as hell didn’t want to get in trouble with any of his colleagues. It be way too troublesome. Plus, whether he likes it or not, Myungjae was someone he actually liked. Few were those who can defy him like Myungjae does. So he did like the guy. Even if he hated it when Myungjae sided with his bastard of professor.

“No, actually you’re the one that’s making me mad. Look, you don’t have to agree with how Professor Kim does things. Hell, I don’t like most of the things he makes us do but in the end haven’t you ever noticed that by doing those ridiculous things he asks us to do, we actually are progressing? Or whenever we get in trouble, he covers us? Don’t you dare say no because you don’t know half of the things he’s done for us. And you would’ve if you took the time to pull out your head from your . And do I have to remind you that he got hurt for you? And he’s right now getting more hurt for us. And mostly because of you. Yeah, remember all the laps added to his menu because you were being reckless?”

“I wouldn’t have been if he actually gave a about us. Instead of going to who knows where and making us face those other bastards alone, he should’ve been there. As our mentor he should’ve been there. And about the time when he got hurt, he did that to himself. It’s not like I forced him to so don’t use that against me.” Myungjae briefly shook his head in annoyance then throwing his hand in pure frustration, he literally yelled

“I’m not using it against you. I’m just trying to… Argh, you know what never mind. In case, you care we’ll be outside.”

With that, he finally left the room, leaving behind an unshaken Jeon Jungkook. Jungkook wasn’t a cold hearted man. But he did believe that everyone had their role to fill. Like how he filled his as a son and a good student, he expects the same from others. When those others don’t even try to make things work why would he try? In his case and Dr Kim’s that was how things were. He did his part however Dr Kim failed to do his part. And just for that, Jungkook didn’t feel incline to like the guy. It might be childish to some but that was just how he was brought up. Unconsciously glancing at the pouring rain outside, he pulled on his hoodie and brushing roughly his hair with his fingers, he said absently

“We harvest what we sow.”

 

“What happened?”

“It’s Taehyungie. Hyung, please I don’t know what to do anymore?” Jimin desperately said, his hand clumsily clasping his phone as he struggled in holding his umbrella in place, not leaving his eyes from Taehyung’s form for one bit.

“Taetae? What do you mean? What happened to him?”

“Hyung, I think he’s lost it.”

“Jiminie, calm down and tell me exactly what’s going on.”

Beeeep….. The line was suddenly cut. With a frown, Jiminie tried to call once again Namjoon hyung’s number, but failing miserably, he cursed loudly before running over to Taehyung. Holding the umbrella over his best friend, he said with concern

“Ya, Taehyungie, stop it already. It’s raining too much. You’ll do this tomorrow.”

“33…” But Taehyung wasn’t even listening to him. His eyes were fixed in front of him, totally shutting Jimin out. And it was by far one of the thing Jimin hated about his friend. The same thing he loved about him was the same thing that exhausted him. How can he be so selfless at time? Grabbing him angrily by the shoulder, he forced Taehyung to look at him and he yelled angrily, oblivious to the crowd that had begun to form not too far, closely watching what was happening.

“Ya, have you gone insane?! Are you trying to kill yourself?”

“Jiminie, what are you doing?”

My God, was this guy for real?

“Ya, that’s enough. Let’s go inside.” Jimin angrily said, about to drag him with him if he had to but was pulled away by someone else instead. In the spur of the moment, he elbowed the guy not really in the mood to be manhandle but found himself tightly wrap in someone’s embrace. And no matter how hard, he struggled to get away the grip only tighten much to his annoyance.

“Let go of me. , what are you doing?”

“Calm down.” Said his captivator in a way too familiar tone. But with the rain pounding in his ears, Jimin couldn’t really tell who the voice belong to. And frankly, at the moment, Jimin didn’t held the man much to his heart.

“Get off me. Damn it, let me go.”

“I will if you promise to hear me out first.”

“The hell are you saying? I have better things to do if you haven’t notice, you . Damn it!”

“It’s in fact about Taehyung that I want to talk about.”

“What are you spouting?”

“Listen to me, if you stop him now, Taehyung will only be even more miserable because of it. Just hear me out ok?” After a brief second of hesitation, Jimin forced himself to calm down. Seeing that, the man slowly released his hold on him and Jimin then curiously turn his attention to the man, asking with a frown

“What do you know about my best friend?”

“It’s exactly because it’s your best friend that I know so much about him.”

“Yoongi hyung?” Jimin said with wide eyes. How could he not be shock when last time he check the man was supposed to be back in Seoul. So why the hell was he here? Quickly recovering from his shock, Jimin then turned his gaze back to his friend, who was more important than the turmoil he was feeling because of the man in front of him, and asked

“Why did you stop me?”

“Taehyung, it’s like me. Being a man of Daegu too I can relate. Look, we are not very keen in displaying our feelings. That’s why when we have something we care about, we tend to be reckless. But when we’re like that, it’s better not to get involved. Trust me. If you stop him now, he’ll be even more reckless. Just let him be. He’ll stop when he’ll be tired.”

“But…”

“I know you’re worried about him. But if you want to help, let him be for now. He needs this to put his thoughts in order anyway.”

“What do you…? You know?” Jimin finally asks, frowning even deeper.

“Yeah, I know. Taehyung is a great doctor so it’s not that weird that I keep tabs on him.”

Silence.

“So you know how much his grandmother meant to him?” Jimin then asks.

“I can guess. That’s why I’m telling you this. He needs this. By draining his body, he’ll be able to catch some sleep and by then, he’ll be emotionally ready to feel things he thinks he shouldn’t feel now. At least, emotions he’s trying to tame.” Yoongi explained, picking up the umbrella Jimin had let go during his struggle. Yoongi returned the item to his rightful owner and in a stern tone, he continued

“You should get yourself warmed. It’s going to be a long night.”

 

And Yoongi couldn’t be more right. By midnight, Taehyung was still running and from the way he kept running regardless of his pace getting slower and heavier because of the rain, Taehyung had no intention to stop at all. He was now at the 40th lap and he looked just as determined as in the beginning to finish it all. Jungkook, who strangely had ended up coming down even though he had tried to convince himself that he didn’t genuinely cared, couldn’t help but feel slightly guilty while seeing the older man running. But only a slight. It’s not like he actually thought the man was insane enough to do all the 54 laps. Right? But Taehyung seem to love proving him wrong. Because no matter how many times he repeats himself that he will eventually stop, Taehyung just kept running. And by the 46th laps, Jungkook had just seen enough. Walking past the small tent where several of his colleagues and a bunch of others were standing in to shelter from the rain, Jungkook ran towards the figure under the rain and asked angrily

“Aren’t you going to stop?”

Silence.

“Ya, don’t you think you’ve done enough? What are you trying to prove? Are you going to keep at it even if you end up unable to move? And then what? So you can use it as an excuse to bail on us again?”

“Shut up.” He finally heard the other man utter breathlessly but because of the rain Jungkook couldn’t really tell if he heard it right or not. Therefore he continued feverishly

“Oh I’m sorry I forgot that you care only about your selfish little person. Well then in case you die while doing this, be sure to carry your own body out to your own grave so we wouldn’t have to pick your corpse.”

“Shut the up!” Suddenly yelled Taehyung but frankly Jungkook didn’t feel one bit intimidated. It’s true that he went too far this time but honestly this guy just keeps getting on his nerve. It was like he was asking for it.

Turning his pale but angry face towards Jungkook, Taehyung stumbled slightly back then with a rag breath, he said

“Can’t you just shut the up and mind your own business? I get it ok. You hate me. No matter what I’ll do, to you it’ll be just me trying to get attention, right? So if you already know that why don’t you just shut it and let me be? Let me wag my little tail like the incompetent mentor I am and try to finish this . And if it can reassure you, if I die, you wouldn’t have to dispose of my body.”

“Hey, is everything alright?” Jimin’s voice finally rose from behind Jungkook. Jungkook didn’t budge though. Instead, he watched as Taehyung turned away saying

“Get him out of here Jiminie.”

Jungkook didn’t give the other man the time to follow his mentor’s order however, and he walked away himself. But instead of returning to his room like he knew he should, he walked a little further away from the tent, and unconsciously tightening his grip around his umbrella, he watched the older man ran. He watched as the man slipped again and again and yet, he would each time push himself back on his feet and keep on running. Regardless of the cold or how exhausted he was, Jungkook couldn’t take his eyes off the way Taehyung's face still held that annoying gleam of something Jungkook wasn’t use of seeing. Determination.

“He’s seriously out of his mind.”

“And you are being quite a bully.” A voice startles him out of his thoughts. He didn’t have to turn around to know who it was however. Schooling his expression, Jungkook nonchalantly asked

“And so you are the hero that will come to rescue him from this bully of his?” Ignoring the glare Jimin threw his way, Jungkook was about to walk away when Park Jimin caught him off guard when he said

“Do you know what you remind me of? Someone with a crush.” Jungkook turned so fast at the words that he was shocked he didn’t snap his neck from the abrupt action, he didn’t bother thinking too long on the question though. More offended at the enormity the older man’s word were.

“What the hell are you…?”

“Oh, do I need to explain myself? Well, you are angry because he doesn’t give you his attention. And don’t say you meant giving attention to your little group of interns because obviously you are the one with the biggest issue with him not being there all the time. Now where was i? Oh yeah, you keep messing around with him like a boy messing with his crush’s pigtails. You are very passionate in making sure that he knows that you hate him. Oh and let’s not forget how you keep telling him how much you hate him even more when he pays attention to other except of you. And when he does pay attention of you, you get angry because it’s not the way you want him to. Now I dare you to tell me that you don’t feel anything for Taehyungie. Well, I can’t blame you for falling for him? I mean, he’s quite the deal. But a word of advice, keep being a and you’ll never see his. Toodles.” He then ended with a cunning smile as well as doing the peace sign like the derange guy he was. Jungkook glared menacingly at the guy then spat viciously

“I’m sorry to break your fantasies but I’m not gay. And with an imagination like yours, why don’t you give up being a doctor and write a book?”

He knew that Jimin was looking at him but honestly he couldn’t care less. This guy was just as twisted as his best friend. The is wrong with these people.

 

“What did you tell him?” Yoongi asks, approaching Jimin. Jimin, who on very rare occasion wore a clouded expression, only answered vaguely

“The truth. It seems like he’s not aware of his own feelings though.” Yoongi didn’t really catch what the younger man meant by that but he didn’t push further. Instead, he said

“It’s the last lap.”

“Oh. Let’s go then.”