Chapter 24:

Feelings

“Jungkook ah? Hey, where are you? I’ve been calling you non stop. Why are you answering only now?”

Jungkook was sitting in his living room, in the dark. He was still drenched and considering that he has been sittng wet for a good hour now in his gloomy living room, he’ll certainly have to consider calling in sick tomorrow. But frankly, it was the last of his worries. Albeit, he’ll get in a lot of trouble with his superior. With his head hung low, Jungkook retorts, his voice now a little rough from getting caught in the rain.

“I… I was busy. What is it hyung? Do you need something?” Seokjin hyung seems to move something in the background but Jungkook can’t really tell with the rain raging outside his window, instead he focuses on Seokjin hyung next question

“Are you home right now?”

Letting out a simple “hn” in return, Seokjin hyung then orders fervently, although, Jungkook is way too passive to even care or bother with it

“Don’t move ok. Just stay there.”

“I’m not needed anywhere anyway.” Jungkook sighed, passing a tired hand through his still damp hair. After he hungs up with his hyung, Jungkook tiredly rests his head in his hand, trying hard to chase his migraine away. Alas, so far, the only thing he’d manage to do is intensify it. Taehyung hyung should be in his plane now, Jungkook scoffs humorless, his eyes closed. Somehow the world seem to not want to give him a break, not even when he finally falls asleep somehow. If this was some sick joke the universe was playing on him, it sure was not funny. Who the hell was playing with his doorbell? Jungkook ignores it though. With a bit of chance, whoever it was would get the hint and leave on his own. It took him several attempts before the unknown person finally decides to stop harassing his doorbell and leave. Or so Jungkook thought. Suddenly hearing his code being composed and the door actually open, Jungkook sighs loudly guessing it to be Seokjin. Why did he ring the bell first though when he knew his house code to begin with?

“Hyung, just leave me alone. I’m not in the mood.” He mutters dejectedly, not even bothering to look up from where he was. 

“Oh wow, but your messages say otherwise.” A deep and baritone voice told him. That immediately got Jungkook looking up.

“Sorry, I’m wet so your front door is all wet too.” He continues but Jungkook wasn’t even listening. He was more perturbed by the fact that before him, there was Kim Taehyung. Wasn’t he supposed to be in a plane to LA? As if he reads his mind, Taehyung awkwardly runs a hand at the back of his nape and explains

“I was going to take my flight today but then I heard your messages. I mean it’s not important but I figured you wanted to talk so I’m here. And well, there’s another flight tomorrow, in case, what you’ve said isn’t true.”

“It’s true.” Jungkook deadpans and from the way Taehyung stares at him intensely, he heard him. Jungkook’s throat was getting dry, nevertheless, Jungkook doesn’t want to take the risk of leaving anything unsaid. He’s been running for far too long.

“Everything I’ve said. I know you might not believe me but I meant what I said. If there’s even just a possibility that you can love me again then I’ll take it.” Taehyung doesn’t move an inch. And for the very first time since Jungkook is actually anxious. It’s not the same type of anxiety he had felt when he went through his crisis but this feeling he was feeling was more intense. More crashing. As he waits anxiously for Taehyung hyung’s response, Jungkook finally stands up from his now uncomfortable position. His heart beating so fast, he wished he could just rip it out of his chest just so he could breathe easier. A futile wish.

“You’re right I don’t believe you.” Jungkook winces at the biting words. Hopefully, it went unnoticed to in Taheyung hyung because of the dark. With his head still hang low, he doesn’t noticed Taheyung moved forward, more engrossed in hearing the older man vent

“Just what the hell do you want from me Jeon Jungkook? You make my life impossible at first. And then you suddenly decide that I was a good enough person to have as a mentor and you go out your way to be the most obedient subordinate. But then suddenly, you kiss me out of nowhere. You rile me up only to let me down by announcing that you have a girlfriend. And then just when I decide to give up on you, you come back at me with full force by yelling to me that I was too blame for all the feelings you were having. You get angry at me for kissing you yet, you kissed me first. But of course, I can’t be mad at you because you’re young and you were drunk but still you’ve got to admit that it’s pretty unfair. I wasn’t asking for you kissed me either. Or for you to make me realize that I actually do want to screw you. Anyway, I decide later on to let you go for real. To give us both a chance to have new beginnings, yet again, you call me and tell me all these stuff. Why? Just why the hell are you doing this to me? Do you like confusing me that much? Jeon Jungkook, just what do you want from me?”

By then, Taheyung was now so close, all Jungkook needed to do was to lean in and taste those plum lips and to put an end from all these conversation that doesn’t lead anywhere in the end but he resists. Who knows how but he manages to do so. With a determination made of steel, he genuinely says

“I’m sorry.”

“That’s not what I want to hear. Try again Jeon Jungkook.” Taehyung’s eyes were getting fiercer by the minute and something so violent rises in Jungkook’s very being. It was something he has never experience until now. This man was really going to be the death of him.

“I just want to fix what I’ve done. You don’t have to leave just because of me.”

“Again, wrong answer. Come on, you’re a genius aren’t you? You know what I want to hear. Say it. The words you couldn’t say on the phone. Say them now.” Taehyung insists, teasing him by nearing his lips to Jungkook’s lips. Something Jungkook liked a lot but it distracted him too much.

Related image

“You’re not going to say it huh. I was wrong again it seems.” Taehyung suddenly pulls away. The movement was so sudden, Jungkook would’ve almost fell if he didn’t had a firm sense of gravity. With a frown, he raised a qestioning eyebrow to Taheyung but the man was already too far from him. He was only across the room but it felt like miles to Jungkook. Corny, but Jungkook didn’t care anymore. Thanks to the dim light, Jungkook reads disappointment in the older man’s eyes and that was enough to make his mouth move on its own

“What do you mean you’re wrong?”

“Jungkook ah, I’m really tired of this little game.”

Image result for v sad

“What game? I’m not playing any game?”

“Then tell me exactly what you want from me? Forgiveness? Is this a way to relief your guilt?”

“No. Hyu… It’s not like that.”

“Then tell me what it is.”

Silence.

Taehyung sighed loudly and was about to make his way to the door then when Jungkook finally admits

“I love you.”

Related image

Thankfully, he was only seeing Taehyung hyung’s back. Somehow, he didn’t think he’ll be able to be so bold if he looked into the sinful eyes of the older man.

“I love you hyung. And the reason why I wanted to talk to you, the real reason, is because I was hoping that maybe you’ll still feel the same. That maybe you’ll give me a chance. Us a chance. I know I screwed up and i…”

He never gets to finish it though as he feels lips crash onto his. In the begin, hesitant but more passionate and a little bit more daring as the time goes by. Feeling Taehyung’s hand roam curiously on his back flashing their bodies together and the other hand gently pressing the back of his head, was something strange to Jungkook. There was no butterfly or fireworks like those sappy books described it to be but instead it felt right. Like everything just came back to place. The feeling of home. The feeling of belonging. And the realization that this man right here, was what Jungkook’s been looking for his entire life. God, how he loves this man so much it hurts.

Image result for jungkook and taehyung kiss

“See, it wasn’t that hard.” Taehyung remarks breathlessly, his forehead resting on Jungkook’s forehead. The younger man scoffs at the older man and with a slight pout, he said

“It’s not that easy, hyung.”

“Yeah I know but if you hadn’t been such a we could’ve avoided going through all the emotional pain.” Taheyung shots back and Jungkook was about to pull away then but before he could, Taehyung tightens his grip around him and leaving a trail of wet kisses on his neck whispering each time he moves back

“But better late than never right. I love you too you annoying brat. I’ll be in your care for now on.”

“Shouldn’t I be the one saying that?” Jungkook retorts shyly, hating the fact that he was actually blushing then. But then again, it was too dark for Taehyung hyung to see. In any case, it was the best feeling he’s ever felt since a very long time ago so if he blushes or not, it was really not important.

The next kiss was a little more gentle this time. It was a bit frustrating for Jungkook that they were going slow but he wasn’t complaining. It allowed him to fully discover the older man’s body. The feel of his body was totally different from a woman’s body but it doesn’t stop Jungkook for all that matter. In fact, it excites him even more. Unconsciously grinding his groin to the older, he lets out a silent gasp when Taehyung pops on of the button on Jungkook’s shirt and pulling it off, he begins to attack the younger man’s neck arousing Jungkook even more. Hazed by lust, he hears Taheyung whispers

“If you don’t want to. Just tell me and…”

Annoyed by Taehyung way tendacy to be too courteous, he yanks open the older man’s shirt and smirking with satisfaction the now torso, Jungkook retorts

“We’ve been moving slow for far too long. Don’t you agree?”

 

“Morning.” Taehyung whispers at the very first ray of the sun. Jungkook only groans in response though. Until he remembers what happen the night before and his cheeks burns so bright Taheyung thought he would’ve exploded. Smiling happily, Taehyung was about to say something really smart but interrupts himself at the sound of his phone. Grabbing it from the pants he had discarded the night, he sighed “It’s Jiminie. I wonder what he’ll say if he finds out that I’m not going anymore.” Now sporting a focus expression on his, Taehyung was busy replying whatever text Jimin had sent him when Jungkook caught him off guard by asking

“Are you sure?”

“Sure about not going?”

Taking Jungkook’s silence as cue to continue, Taehyung puts aside his phone and staring straight into Jungkook’s eyes, he said

“Jungkook ah, the only reason I accepted the job was because I thought you needed the space. Now that I know that you don’t, I don’t think I need to do so anymore. Besides, I took your ity. I wouldn’t be much of a man if I don’t take responsibility of it.”

Dodging the pillow flying straight to him, Taehyung lets out a throaty laugh, much to Jungkook’s dismay. The younger man lets the older man pull him into a kiss and another round at it. Who would’ve thought he had that much stamina?

 

Three months later…

 

Life has taken back its course. With Taehyung back to work, the gang basically hanging out daily and the drama now long behind them, everything were back to normal. So Jungkook wouldn’t complain. The only difference is that he had now a boyfriend and despite the curious look they sometime get, Jungkook was probably the happiest than he had ever been.

“Your mother has invited us to spent the holiday at your villa in the countryside. Said we could go with some friends if we wanted to.” Taehyung informs him while Jungkook was coming out from his shift and towards his car.

“Really? Why didn’t she call me instead then?” Jungkook interrogates with a slight frown as he fumbles with his car keys. He hears Taehyung give some order to, most certainly, some nurses and returning his focus to Jungkook, he answers cheekily

“I guess she likes me better.”

“I’m her son.” Jungkook rolls his eyes as if the simple argument would be invalid just because of that reason alone. Taehyung must’ve find him funny for he replies still it that overbearing tone

“If that can get you through the day.”

“Anyway, when will you be done? We’re supposed to have dinner with the rest of the gang for Jin hyung’s birthday.”

“Oh, I think I’ll be a little late. Go on ahead though. I’ll meet you there.”

“Are you sure? You didn’t take your car today.”

“Jimin will give me a ride. We’ll finish around the same time anyway.”

“Ok. I’ll see you later then.”

“Yeah. My time’s up, Babe. I’ll call you later ok? I love you.”

“I love you too.” Jungkook replies in a soft breath, an endearing smile on his face. An expression, he hadn’t thought possible in his face ever. Life really was full of surprise.

 

When he arrived at Namjoon’s hyung restaurant after dropping some few things in his apartment, Jungkook pushed the door with a slight frown on his face as he recognized the car parked outside the restaurant. He has had a lot of times to get used of the particular brand. Only a very rich person could drive such a car. Or more like in this case, a coupled own.

“Seokjin ah, I hope you’ll at least come visit us once in a while. We might not agree with your choice of life but we’re still your parents.” Jungkook knew he walked during a sensitive moment. Thus, he decides to go back outside and wait until the couple leaves but before he could, the couple had noticed his presence. It’ll be rude to not go greet them then, right? Smiling a little uncomfortably at the couple who had , not so recently, expressed their disappointed in who Jungkook had decided to be in a relationship with, Jungkook watched as the couple merely returned his greetings and leave in a silent but elegant farewell. At the sound of the door closing behind them, Jungkook finally let out a breath of relief and exclaimed, missing the odd look Seokjin has then

“Geez, they’re really scary. I really can’t believe you’re their son.”

Seokjin only replies with a patient “hn” before walking away, Jungkook tagging along not so far.

“So what did they want?” Jungkook asked although he could pretty much guess the answer. It was no secret that Seokjin’s dad was getting old and his retirement becoming more emminent, he wanted a successor. Was Seokjin hyung really going to be ok under this pressure?

“Nothing new. But let me see what you’ve got there? Is that wine?”

“Yeah, Taehyungie insisted that we bring you wine too. Says it’s the best. We also got you a gift. We picked it together.”

“Hmm. Taehyungie is it? Now that was fast. You’re already on first name basis?”

“Well, it be weird if I called him hyung when we’re dating. I do refer to him as hyung when we’re at my parents. Or when we’re at his house. His dad hasn’t fully accepted me yet.” Seokjin laughs shortly at the sour look Jungkook wore and with a tap of encouragement, he said

“Don’t worry. I’m sure he’ll get to love you too. If he’s anything like Taehyung ah then he’ll definitely adore you. Talking about your man, where is he?”

Jungkook smiles a bit at the the reference of Taehyung as his man, something he was sure he’ll never really get used of, before answering sheepishly

“Caught up in work. He’ll join us later.”

“That’s too bad for you but great for me.”

Chuckling at the offended expression Jungkook shot him, Seokjin explained

“You’ll keep me company longer then. Guk ah, I love Taehyung ah and I love Taekook even more, but I miss our conversation. There’s still people outside your boyfriend you know.”

“I know.”

“Really?” Seokjin raises cheekily one of his eyebrow and the act instantly earns him a playful hit on his bicep. Pouty Jungkook was something Seokjin was still getting accustom of but somehow, whatever magic trick Taehyung did to Jungkook, his kid friend seem to look more and more attractive and even more charming than he did before. The myth of amazing and love good for skin wasn’t so wrong after all.

Image result for jungkook run bts ep 29

 

Seokjin won’t lie. Being a year older didn’t make much difference to him. He was still like he used to be a year ago after all. He was still arguing with his parents, having a hard in being true to himself and still without a lover. Still without a love who was one sided. As he walked past Namjoon who had kindly offered to help him out with the cooking and was even the one who had insisted on having Seokjin’s birthday at his restaurant, something Seokjin was trying not too read too deeply in. Alas, his heart wasn’t on the same line with his brain most of the time. Especially at times when he needed to remain level headed. Perhaps, he was too lonely. Or he was simply getting more desperate day by day. Anyhow, Seokjin steeled his every movement. Almost like a self hypnotism, he gradually taught himself to never look too long. Never brush to close to the other. And more importantly, never think about the one night where Seokjin had allowed the man to venture his hands on him. A night, he’s let the man to touch not only his outside but something so deep inside him that when he said it was all but just a mistake, Seokjincould litterally hear something in him break. He had only himself to blame whatsoever. Kim Namjoon was straight. He was the fool for have chosen to fall for someone straight.

“Hey, happy birthday hyung.” Hoseok wishes him genuinely before giving him a warm hug. The gesture had been unexpected thus Seokjin froze for a minute, but only a minute. Hoseok was the very demonstrative type after all. Thanking the ball of sunshine with an affectionate tap on the back, Seokjin chuckles

“Thanks.”

“Oh, hum, by the way, I didn’t have the time to get you anything because I was invited at the last minute but I did get you this.” Hoseok began rambling, pulling out a mix tape in which he carefully slips into Seokjin’s pocket.

“Just between us here’s something you’ll certainly like to use against Namjoonie if the guy is being a pain the . But just so you know, if he asked you where you’ve got these, you don’t me got it?” Hoseok mischievously whispers in the other man’s ear. Seokjin was giving him a questioning look by then. Hoseok then explained vaguely

“Namjoonie’s old mixtape back in college. He did a lot of underground rapping back in the days. Just thought you’d like to see how much of a dork your boss is.” Seokjin was going to return the old CD to the man, not very much thrilled about digging into the past of the very man he was trying to get over but before he could Hoseok was already distracted by something on the buffet. Plus Jungkook was already demanding his attention. Seokjin will return it to him later then, he decides.

When finally Taehyung and Jimin arrives. Everyone were already there. Even Yoongi had taken the time from his busy schedule to drop by at Namjoon’s invite. Seokjin was touched, honestly. To have so many people to celebrate his birthday with him was something Seokjin will forever be grateful for. These people weren’t just friends anymore. They were more than that. Family. Perhaps, if he starts to think that way, he’ll quickly get over Namjoon. For the sake of this new family. As he discreetly watches Yoongi talking with Jimin, Hoseok laughing with Ga Yeon about something funny and Jungkook happily whisper something in Taehyung’s ear, Seokjin finally realized something.

Image result for jungkook whispering to Taehyung

 

This wasn’t exactly a perfect happy ending. Nothing like those cheesy movie would give the audience but this was alright. It was a good enough ending for Seokjin.

“What are you smiling about?” A voice he recognized as Namjoon suddenly asks beside him. Seokjin repressed his desire to turn to the other man and with his eyes intently fixed on the people he now considered as his family, he answers

“I’m just happy that’s all. Things seem to finally work out well for once.”

“What do mean?”

“Never mind. I’m just rambling it’s all. By the way, thanks for the party and for lending me your place. Are you sure you’re ok with having the restaurant close the entire day? We can open it tonight if…”

“It’s ok. I can totally afford to have one day of rest.” Namjoon interrupts with a smile. Seokjin hates himsef for the the little squeeze in his heart and the itchiness he feels in his hands for wanting to run his hands through the younger man’s hair but he successfully push those feelings at the back of his head and in a perfected mask, he gives him the friendliest of smile

“Thank you.”

“Don’t you think they’re really cute?” Namjoon suddenly asks, his eyes looking straight ahead. Seokjin discreetly takes a breath in to settle his stuttering heart and eventually turning his gaze to where Namjoon was looking at, he instinctivelly smiles at Taehyung giving a peck on Jungkook’s ear seemingly trying to distract him from whatever he was reading on the table.

Related image

 

“Yeah, they are. Took them long enough though.”

“Yeah, I know. I didn’t think Taehyung could be so mature and so willing to give up on something.”

“Neither did I peck Jungkook for a coward. He usually radiates so much confidence. But I guess love brings out the best as it can bring the worse in people. Thankfully, all the pining is over. I’ve never seen Jungkook happier than he is now.” Seokjin retorts, laughing as well as Namjoon.

“Taehyung too. I really thought he was aual. Happy to see that he isn’t.”

Taehyung and Jungkook really took forever to get together. But honestly, they were really the couple goal, Seokjin couldn’t help but look up to. After all, the fact that all these dramas and Taehyung helped him grow was proof of how much Jungkook was no longer the brat he used to be. Sure, Jungkook still doesn’t appreciate physical contact and still had trouble with his oversize ego but it wasn’t as bad as it used to be back in the days. Of course, it was all limited to one particular person, still it was incredibly adorable. Taehyung was the exception of every rule Jungkook ever forbidden himself to cross. Just like he was sure, Jungkook was to Taehyung.

“Yeah. I’m glad they found each other.”

Unaware of the look Namjoon gives him at the hint of sadness he somehow hears in Seokjin’s tone, Seokjin then says

“Taehyung is really the best thing that has ever happened to Jungkook.”

“Jungkook is also the best thing that has ever happened to Taehyung ah.” Namjoon equally repeats. Seokjin smiles. He grabs the tray of off Namjoon’s hand, regardless of the protest the younger man, he said

“Go and hang out with the others.”

“But…”

“I’m using one of my first wishes. You said you’ll give me three wishes as a birthday gift, right? This is the first one.”

Missing the look Namjoon gives him, Seokin walks away, firstly to Yoongi and Jimin then to Taehyung and Jungkook. Things were indeed not perfect. And things will definitely never be perfect. But as long as Seokjin gets to have this family. As long as he gets to see Jungkook smile this fondly. He couldn’t complain. Not even when night falls, and he comes closer to the person he really is. Someone who is in desperate need for love.