Part Nine

Love and Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The week went fast, Kyungsoo is still held captive by Kai at Sehun's apartment. They're relationship is still rocky yet the guy is determined to win her back. Sometimes they would argue, Kyungsoo wanted to work again but her friends especially her self proclaimed boyfriend is against it. Kai is still clueless for what exactly happened to her, like a homeless kid, he'd sleep with Sehun or at the couch, Kyungsoo never forgot to lock her door after her first night where Kai naughtily sneaked in.

Kyungsoo felt excited when Sehun invited her to his construction project he works with Chanyeol. It's an opportunity for her to get fresh air. Kai and Kyungsoo were waiting for Sehun to pick them up outside the apartment complex. Thankfully they didn't wait longer until Sehun arrived. Kai opened the backseat door for Kyungsoo but he settled on the front seat.

"Hyung, I heard you receive a comeback offer?" Sehun asks him. They rarely talk about Kai's career now but it's been a while since he went for a hiatus. Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow, he doesn't know Kai's previous job or his hobby.

"Still considering about it, the offer's good but I don't want to think about it yet, I'll meet with a sponsor tomorrow." Kai explained. Kyungsoo steal a glance at him, he looks serious, she has never seen him this serious and damn, he's more attractive when he talks about his job.

"When will you go home though?" The younger asks. Kyungsoo is nervously anticipating his reply, hoping it would be never.

"Tomorrow." Kyungsoo's vision turns black, why all of the sudden. Isn't it a little bit early?

"What?" Kyungsoo angrily asks.

"What what?" Sehun asks, Kai is laughing at her hilarious reaction.

"Are you eavesdropping?" Kai teasingly asks her, watching her frown through the rear view mirror.

"Excuse me I am not, I just happen to sit behind you guys and you boys just talk real loud it's annoying." Kyungsoo said in annoyance, rolling her eyes to the laughing boys in front.

Kyungsoo borrowed Kai's phone and earphones, she unfortunately left hers at home and she needed something to distract her. Sneakily, Kyungsoo scanned Kai's phone, Kai chuckled when he secretly caught her. Kyungsoo frowned when his phone has nothing except Kai's picture with Sehun and tons of candid pictures of Kyungsoo, sleeping, eating, watching TV, texting, singing. She's tempted to delete them all but he found it cute so she let them be.

Kai and Kyungsoo is jaw dropped when they arrived at the construction site, eyes wandering at the site. Kyungsoo unconsciously grabbed Kai's hand. The site is where the orphanage they grow up together is where it used to stand but now, like their memory they're all gone.

"Sehun-ah, what happened here? This is where I grow up." Kyungsoo said. Before Sehun can answer he gazes at his friend. Base on Kai's surprised reaction it confirm his assumption that it is the very same orphanage.

"It got burned down few years ago Noona, that's all I know and the new owner of the land is building an apartment complex." Kyungsoo nodded and let go of Kai's hand and roam around the area. Sehun went inside to work again when Chanyeol called the architect from the second floor.

Sad, Kyungsoo is wandering around the area, thinking and reliving the memories she and Jongin made there. Kai found her and walks closer to her, rubbing her back when he notice her crying.

"My memories with Jongin lay here and now, they were all gone just like him." She sobs. Kai pulls her to his chest. He wanted to tell her she's found him already but the fear of hurting her again after she just healed is unbearable.

"Beautiful memories can't be found anywhere except inside your heart. Forever it is embedded on depths of it so nothing can take it away from you." He comforts her, her short silky hair. Thankfully Kyungsoo calmed down with his warm words. "Noona why are you so tiny it make

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter