Part Eight

Love and Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Tell me everything Hyung!" Kai plead when Chanyeol started acting like a douche.

"She didn't tell you Kai, she has her reasons, I won't tell you until she tells you first." Chanyeol explained to him in a soothing way to calm the petrified guy.

Guilty, helpless, hopeless, Kai can do nothing but blame himself, this is his fault, if only he didn't kissed that girl, if only he didn't let his anger sway his love then probably, everything is different now. Kyungsoo might be under his arms, laughing, smiling and singing to him. Blinded by hatred, now Kai is suffering, paying the price of his foolishness.

The entire car ride isn't really quiet, Kai is sobbing, mumbling indistinct words Chanyeol can't understand. The older's been comforting him, calming him but his guilt is eating him up.

"Hyung, please tell me her address, her real address." Kai begged.

Chanyeol speeds off, he know their old house and they're heading straight there. Kyungsoo's father is staying there, he's the only family she has left and the prime suspect why Kyungsoo's missing.

Quietly, Chanyeol parked his car three house away from Kyungsoo's house. It is a big neighborhood, houses were big and elegant. Clearly, Kyungsoo lived a luxurious life. But Kai has a long way to go if he really wanted to know how Kyungsoo lived.

It didn't take them long to arrive at a nice blue house, the lawn is untouched, grasses growing all over it, the house is a mess, the curtains were torn, windows unkempt and paints were fading out. Chanyeol knocked, Kai went to check the back door. After a few minutes, Kai went back to the other guy, Chanyeol disappointedly shakes his head to the younger guy. The house is empty, Kyungsoo is still missing. The two failed guy decided to look somewhere else, Kai is walking fast, Chanyeol is almost running to follow his fast pace.

"Noona!" Kai shouted with tears rushing down his cold face.

Kyungsoo is frozen, her face is pale, but she looks skinnier and sleep deprived. Lips were busted, a band aid covering a scratch on her forehead, she's a mess. She's walking like a zombie holding a grocery bag. Kai cried again, Kyungsoo is alive but she's far from living, her eyes were lifeless, her face is painted with sadness. It is his fault. No one else is to blame except him. What did he do to the girl he loves?

"Soo!" Chanyeol run to her, worried she hugs his bestfriend. The guy loosen his hug, her body is aching, Kyungsoo cried under Chanyeol's warm arms, with him she know she's safe now. "Where is he?" He whispers.

"Oppa.. you should leave now before he wakes up." She pushes the guy away from her. Kai came running to her after he snaps out blaming his self, Chanyeol moved away to watch over the surroundings.

"Noona!" Kai grab Kyungsoo's arm to pull her for a hug but the girl whimpered in pain and pulls her arm weakly. Kai is quick to notice her discomfort, before he can take her hand back Kyungsoo take a step away from him. "OMG What did I do to you Noona.. I'm sorry!" He cried.

"Oppa, please leave, take him." She begs to Chanyeol.

"I'm bringing you home Kyungsoo, whether you like it or not, stop being stubborn! Don't let Baekhyun come here to drag your back!" Chanyeol is upset but he grows impatient, he can't take it to see Kyungsoo like what she is before.

"I can't oppa.. It is still unsafe for me. Even if I hide in hell he'd eventually find me." Kai can't understand a thing they're saying, all he know is Kyungsoo needed a place to stay and he is more than willing to help, he'd even send her to Paris or Japan or anywhere just to keep her safe. He doesn't care anymore.

"I have a place for you." Chanyeol's face lightens up, Kyungsoo is still denying the guy's presence. He betrayed her, she can't trust him anymore.

"Yes Soo, Kai can help." Chanyeol pull her other hand and lead her to the car.

"I'd rather stay here with my father." She said shoving her hand from the older guy's grip.

"No Kyungsoo, you're leaving with us whether you like it or not." Kai bend down and carry Kyungsoo like a bride, startled she squeals, dropping the grocery bag to the ground. Chanyeol run to start the car, Kai put her in back seat and sit beside the girl.

Thankfully she stopped fighting back. The drive is full of tension, Chanyeol keeps on glancing at the rear view mirror. Kai is watching Kyungsoo with a sad innocent puppy eyes, her face is tomato red, obviously from trying to hold back her anger. It took them almost an hour to reach Sehun's pad. Kai already asked for his permission which is unnecessary because what is Kai's is also Sehun's and what is Sehun's is also Kai's except girls, they promised never to share their girls. Their friendship works just like that.

Kai is carrying the sleeping Kyungsoo up to their apartment, Chanyeol went home to get some of her clothes and to pick up Baekhyun. Without bothering turning on the lights, Kai directly head to his room to gently lay the sleeping girl, covering her with two layers of blanket. The guilty guy lay beside her for a while. Jongin find himself caressing her face, touching her with his fingertips, from her busted lips, to her eyebrows. Wishing her pain would transfer to him. Her face is a mess, with all the bruises and scratches yet she’s still the most beautiful art he has ever seen.

"Noona.. I won't lose you ever again, I promise you that." Kai whispers gen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter