Part Thirteen

Love and Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sun lights were peeking through the curtain, shining directly at Kyungsoo's bed, on her face exactly. Her laziness was attacking and just wanted to sleep for the day, she's awake the whole night thinking about something, about someone. Ignoring the blinding annoying sunlight, she pulls her blanket to cover her face, rolling over so she won't be facing the windows, she's just too sleepy to stand up and fix the curtain. As soon as she closes her eyes, sleep instantly came to her.

Counting the days she last saw Jongin it's exactly a month now, after the night she pushes him away out of her life, the guy never bothered her again. She's glad that the guy didn't disturbed her any further but somehow, deep inside her there's a part that keeps on making her feel guilty because she's absolutely unhappy. Sometimes there were days she wishes that he'd be back and if that time will come, she'll forget everything and welcome him back. Her days without him are just like living an empty life.

It is not empty really, her friend's with her, Baekhyun, Junmyeon, Chanyeol. They were always there for her, taking care of her like their child, and even Sehun and Luhan, the couple grows fond of her that sometimes they will eat together. But Sehun, he's been avoiding every "Jongin/Kai" topic she's been trying to open. Her love life isn't dry though, there's someone else trying to win her heart - Kim Minseok. He's a sweet, nice guy, smart and handsome. The guy always has this special feeling for Kyungsoo, they know each other since they were sixteen, Minseok's been a great friend to Chanyeol and they were childhood neighbors and met through him. She had rejected him a million times already but he's just a persistent guy.

Kyungsoo's just fallen asleep when her alarm blows off. Baekhyun moved out of the apartment, she and her boyfriend is living together now.  She know Chanyeol won't mind if she closes the shop for a day so after turning off the alarm she tries to sleep again but grunt in annoyance when the apartment door has opened and a loud Baekhyun is been waking up not only the apartment but the entire neighborhood. She lazily sits down and fixes her messy hair. That is how Kyungsoo ended having her breakfast on her favorite bakery nearby.

Sipping her cup of hot coffee, Kyungsoo’s dazing out, eyes watching blankly her friend who won't stop complaining, about something or someone she doesn't know. Despite of her uninterested face her friend keeps on blabbering so she turn her attention outside the street to hopefully show her friend she has her attention stuck somewhere else. Kyungsoo's eyes grow widen, she stops stirring her cup when her eyes landed unto someone, he's wearing a blue denim shorts and plain white t shirt, she know who that guy is- Jongin.

As fast as she could she runs out from the bakery, hoping she'll catch him but unfortunately she didn't. Panting and running out of breath, she went back to her confused friend, eyeing her, arms cross together waiting for some sort of explanation.

“I thought I just saw him.” She confessed because lying is useless when you are talking to Baekhyun.

“Who? Your dad? Don’t worry about him, he’s still in the rehab won’t be out for like 5 years? So you’re safe baby, okay?” Baekhyun accidentally spills out.

“What are you talking about?” Kyungsoo asks, she find it weird not being stalked by his foster father for a month now and it’s bothering it too for some time.

“A-ah, don’t wo-“

“Spill it Baekhyun if you don’t want me getting mad at you.” She scares her.

“Okay, chill, it’s just, uhm.. That guy, uhm..” Baekhyun is stuttering, skeptical if she should mention Jongin or Kai’s name on her face. Saying his name has been prohibited ever since he left. “That guy.. you used to date, you know who.. He wanted your foster father to pay for abusing you but he just can’t sue him without your statement, he thought you’re still not ready to see him. But he did everything to lock him up until he came up with putting him to the rehab for his alcohol and gambling addiction. That’s what happened, he got locked up a day after you.. uhm.. break up.” She spilled. Kyungsoo cried under her palms. Baekhyun came to comfort her, rubbing both of her shoulders.

“He did it all for me yet you hid it from me? How could you guys do this?” Kyungsoo angrily asks. Trying to lower her voice but her tone is full of anger.

“We are sorry Soo, it’s just, we thought you needed to heal first.”

“I hated him, I pushed him because he lied to me and I’ve been blind for all of the good things he has done for me. What did I do Baek? Help me to find him please..” She cried, blaming herself. There were million of things she needed to tell him but he’s nowhere to be found and it’s shattering her heart.

Before the guy left, he talked to Chanyeol first, begging him not to remind Kyungsoo of him to avoid hurting her and not to speak his whereabouts, he asked the same thing from Luhan and Sehun. All Kyungsoo knows is that he left Korea, thinking he’s just in Japan. That is why everyone is mindful and discreet of their topic around her.

“Soo, you were hurt, he’s aware of that and just wait a little longer. Everything will be fine.” Baekhyun said, now embracing her friend as she cry on her shoulder.

Kyungsoo now finally understood how love works, Just because someone you love lied it doesn’t necessary means they love you any less, sometimes only through Lies we can convey Love. Lie, it’s a concept people think of negatively, ignoring the fact that the act isn’t really that bad.

After hearing about what Jongin did for her, Kyungsoo’s longing for her is getting stronger, it’s making her crazy, day after day without hearing about him is making it difficult for her to breath, everyday is suffocating, everyday is a battle for Kyungsoo. How can Jongin be like this to her? Sometimes she thought her misery is driving her crazy, there were days she will claim that she saw Jongin but whenever she runs to him he would disappear into thin air, like a ghost. The last time (she thought) she saw him is when she’s watering her plants, she turned around and saw a smiling Jongin watching her across the street, hastily she runs out of the shop and nearly get hit by a rushing car. Baekhyun heard about it and she got an earful from her friend.

Sunday, the day is great and the weather is suited for outdoor fun activities, Baekhyun and Chanyeol invited her for a road trip, she decline, lying about having her period and the cramps were killing the out of her. When it’s before sunset, she got bored sulking on her bed and decided to go to her usual bakery to have some chocolate bread, just in time when Minseok invited her to hang out. She’s comfortable with the guy and stayed good friends despite of millions of rejection of course she said yes and invited Junmyeon to tag along as well, the more the merrier right? And they haven’t met for like a month now, Junmyeon finally got a guy for herself.  They’ll be meeting after an hour. Kyungsoo didn’t bother to shower, beside she’s only going to hang out and not going to have plus she’s excited to leave her stuffy apartment.

Wearing her round specs, a white hoodie, a short denim shorts and a sneakers. Kyungsoo arrived thirty minutes before the call time at the bakery, she ordered her usual, mocha latte and a slice of red velvet cake, scanning pages of magazine with earphones being plugged on her ears, settling at the corner most  table to wait. It is Minseok who arrive first, Junmyeon just texted her that she’ll be ten minutes late and will be arriving with her boyfriend. Kyungsoo offered to order for Minseok, so she can order Junmyeon’s usual as well, Minseok insisted to help. The two were lining up to order, as they converse happily, Kyungsoo remembered she forgot her coupons on their table, excusing herself for a while to get it. Unaware of the people lining up behind her, she accidentally bump into someone and bow to say sorry, the person didn’t react and she continue to walk, but then suddenly a very familiar chuckles kept ringing inside her head. Slowly she turns around and Junmyeon came.

“Soo! Kyungsoo!” She yelled as soon as she enters the bakery, catching the attention of the customers. Kyungsoo excitedly smiles to her friend, before she can take a step towards her she felt a hand grabbing her forearms. Turning around, she met a pair of most beautiful eyes, wrinkly since the owner is smiling sweetly to her.

They were seated in a small table near the front door, smiling, talking with their eyes. Jongin would constantly bite his lips and smirk at her, like he’s seducing the poor girl. Kyungsoo noticed how he changed his hair again into brown color, looking handsome with his pinkish silk long sleeves, tucked inside his black pants. Kyungsoo just wanted to jump at him if only they were in a more private place, she’s even willing to drive. Damn, why is she thinking something inappropriate.

“You look cute, how old are you?” Jongin teases her, this is the first time he saw her wear a specs and is internally fighting his temptation to snap a picture of her.

“I hate you.” She replied, Jongin pouted and began acting cute.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter