Part Eleven

Love and Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nervousness is running through Kyungsoo's veins when they finally arrived at a five star restaurant. Unaware about Kai's profession she doesn't exactly know what kind of people they'll be meeting or what to react. She's like a clueless innocent puppy getting dragged inside a bull fight. Kai is wary about her nervous state, he slides his fingers into hers and gave her a comforting smile.

The restaurant is cozy and elegant just like the customers who were happily dining. Kai is conversing with a waiter and told him about his reserved table. Kyungsoo tugged in closer at Kai's body when they were led into somewhere more private by the waiter, she look like an adorable child scared to lose her mommy in a crowd, Kai chuckled in her cuteness. They were obviously from a rich or powerful family, probably politicians, businessman’s and members of the high class society.

Two foreign middle aged men, not American but most likely Europeans, greeted Kai who reached his hands and shake them. He introduced Kyungsoo as his girlfriend, he smirked when Kyungsoo didn't punched him realizing the girl could not understand French. Kyungsoo bowed her head slightly and reaches their hand for formalities.

Kyungsoo feels stupid listening to the three men conversing in an alien language she can't speak. She turn to watch Kai, - he's always attractive whenever he act mature and serious it is ing turning her on. Kyungsoo's curiosity about Kai's identity raised, she make a mental note to ask him about this later at home.

After they have settled with the job offer, the two men began conversing with Kyungsoo, luckily in Korean, a language she's fluent with at least she won't feel out of place now. The foreigners were easy to talk with, they were open minded and smart. Three bottles of wine where finished when they decided to part ways, it is getting late and the foreigners don’t want to get into the couple's way.

Kyungsoo is taken aback when two Japanese ladies ask for a picture and autograph from Kai, they were conversing in Nihongo and nope, Kyungsoo can't understand a thing.. again. Like a perfect boyfriend, he pulled Kyungsoo to join the group picture and he introduced her again as his girlfriend.

Kai brought Kyungsoo near the Han River for a stroll, the night isn't that cold maybe the girl can get some fresh air. Hand in hand, they were strolling around, Kai's jacket is around the girl's shoulder. They were quiet and both is listening to the happy songs of the crickets, the cheerful laughter of a group of kids playing around, the energetic dribbling of balls, kids were playing hoops at a court nearby.

Kai looked into Kyungsoo's wrist when something stings his skin, raising their hands. Kyungsoo stopped walking and watch the boy.

"What happened?" She asked the guy who is eyeing at her wrist.

"Your bracelet stings me." Kai's eyes grew bigger when he remembers the bracelet, he has the same one with different color, Kyungsoo gave it to him.

"I'm sorry." Kyungsoo isn't oblivious of Kai's reaction. "Can we rest for a while? My ankles hurt." Kyungsoo pull him to a nearby vacant bench. Kai is still in awe, the girl is very much aware of that, bringing back the suspicions she has for him.

"No, let's go home now if you're uncomfortable." Kai smiled at her, hiding the distress in his eyes.

When they reach their apartment, a cuddling Luhan and Sehun is watching a TV. Kai said goodnight to their friend and head straight to his room, Kyungsoo stayed with the couple for a while and massage her legs. She and the couple shared a few talks before saying goodnight.

Fresh from a quick shower, Kai is standing in front of a mirror drying his hair, Kyungsoo thanked the heaven that he is fully clothed. He turns to look at Kyungsoo and turn to watch his reflection again and continue drying his hair. Kyungsoo is curious to why is Kai acting cold, they were just having a good time earlier. Grabbing her pajamas, Kyungsoo went to the bathroom to change and freshen up. When she came out, Kai is now seated on the edge of the bed, still facing the mirror, drying his hair. Kyungsoo sighed and kneel behind Kai, took the towel from his hand to help him dry.

"I had a great night." Kyungsoo said, hands were busy drying the guy.

"You did?" He asked her. Kyungsoo nod and leave a sweet smile.

"Here, you're dry. Let's sleep!" Kyungsoo folded the towel and drop it inside the laundry basket inside the bathroom. Kai is lying down when she get back obviously something's bothering him and she didn't bother to ask to give him space. Kyungsoo lied down and turn to face the sleeping guy and steal a peck on his thick lips.

"What was that for?" Sleepily he asks her.

"For being a good boy today." She replied.

"I am always a good boy." He said, eyes still closed.

"Don't push it." She giggled, Kai smiled at that. "Do you want to kiss me back?" Kyungsoo frowned when he shake his head.

"Because if I kiss you, I might lose it and I am scared I can't hold myself back." He explained.

"Then don't." Kai open his eyes and meet Kyungsoo's. They were innocent, full of longing yet happy. His hand began caressing her face, Kyungsoo closes her eyes to feel the burning touches of his fingertips.

"Kyungsoo noona? Is it still him? Jongin?" Kai closes his eyes, knowing how absurd his question is.

All this time, Kai finally understood why he doesn't want to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter