Rain

Ocean

“Hey, Jiwoo-yah, wanna grab some food?” Was the first thing she heard after she answered the phone.

 

“Mmm... sure,” said confused.

 

“Great, I'll pick you up-”

 

“I'm not home,” she informed. “Where were you planning to go?”

 

“This new restaurant that is a couple blocks from the flat, I want you to have naengmyeon, is glory,” from the tone of his voice, she could almost guess that Matthew was smiling. She laughed.

 

“I am near by, I can meet you there,” she proposed.

 

“Cool, see you there.”

 

She hung up the phone and started heading towards that new restaurant, it wasn't the first time Matthew mentioned it so she already knew where it was, even tough she hadn't eaten there. 

 

It took her at least fifteen minutes to arrive and find Matthew standing outside the place waiting for her.

 

“Hullo oppa,” she greeted smiling.

 

“Hello,” he smiled back. “Let's get in, I'm starving,” he said dramatically.

 

“You always, oppa,” she panted his shoulder and laughed. 

 

The restaurant itself was very comfortable and pretty, she liked the decoration and the warm weather inside, also the fact that it wasn't so crowded, perhaps because it was new.

 

They chose a table by the window to have a good view of the street, the cars and the people, the beautiful view of a afternoon in Seoul.

 

“Thank you so much,” she said when a waiter gave them the menus. 

 

She didn't have time to see what the menu offered when Matthew put a hand on it to show her.

 

“I told you you should try naengmyeon,” he said looking at her.

 

“What if I want something else?” She said in her teasing tone. He smiled.

 

“Trust me,” he just replied.

 

She gave up and put the menu down, she would let him decide for her just this time.

 

After he asked for the orders, they were finally able to chat properly.

 

“Why weren't you with Tae oppa?” She asked.

 

“He went to visit his family, he arrives tomorrow,” he drank from his vase.

 

“Why didn't you invite Somin?” She didn't know why she had asked that, she just couldn't stop . 

 

Matthew frowned, she was looking very insecure.

 

“Because I wanted to be with you,” said honestly looking intently at her.

 

She realised and shifted nervous in her seat, her gaze fell trying to focus on anything but his eyes, she could even feel warm going through her cheeks. 

 

He smiled at the sight.

 

 

***

 

 

After paying, they left the restaurant, they were planning on go for a walk to the park and maybe have an ice cream, but they did not count on the rain that would unleash just after they left.

 

Jiwoo let out a small shriek as she felt the cold drops of water hit her skin. Unconsciously, she clung to Matthew's body for warmth and protection from the rain, since she wore nothing but her dress that barely covered the cold and neither of them carried a jacket.

 

“We'll have to run,” he told her grabbing her small hand in his own. She nodded and started running as fast as she could with her notoriously shorter legs. 

 

They hadn't even been able to move one block when the rain was now a torrential one. They were already soaked wet and the cold that penetrated her bones was making her feel sick. 

 

“C'mon Jiu,” he encouraged her. 

 

He had let go of her hand when she asked him to so she could remove her hair from her face. 

 

It was difficult for her to run in the rain, trying to follow Matthew, her wet hair stuck to her face, wearing a dress and heels. But she didn't consider it a problem until she misplaced a step and fell hard to the floor with a scream.

Matthew turned worriedly when he heard her scream and as he looked at her lying there with both hands on her ankle, he ran toward her. 

 

“Jiwoo!” He exclaimed kneeling next to her. “What is it?”

 

“My ankle,” she said with a grimace of pain.

 

“Let me help you.” 

 

He moved closer to help her to her feet, but the moment she wanted to lean on her ankle, she moaned in pain.

 

“I'm sorry,” he said rapidly staring at her in the eyes, he looked like a lost puppy, clearly guilty for what had happened to his friend. 

 

Still on the floor with the rain in this awkward situation, she laughed.

 

“What are you laughing at?” He asked still worried.

 

“You,” she said simply tilting her head back to look at him. “You look awful, this is not your fault, you know?” She said smiling.

 

“I have to carry you, you can not walk,” he said and she nodded.

 

With an arm on her back and the other one under her thighs, he lifted her as if she was a feather and started walking, fortunately, they were almost there.

 

She laughed again.

 

“What is it this time?” He wondered frowning.

 

“This is just perfect, even with this deluge, my ankle and this whole strange situation, I find it memorable.” 

 

She smiled at him.

 

She lowered her head so she could rest it between his neck and shoulder.

 

He smiled back.