Pilot

Ocean

She could still remember the first time she had met him on his birthday, how goofy and loose he was around, bouncing everywhere and talking to everyone in the room.


And when she went over to introduce herself, she remembered how he had greeted her.


“Annyeonghaseyo,” Jiwoo said in general.


“Hello!” He had said in English giving her a hug, leaving her slightly confused by the contact and invasion of personal space. “I'm Matthew.”


“Jiwoo,” she simply said stepping backwards.


“Annyeonghaseyo,” said another girl, very good looking, smiling at the expression on Jiwoo's face after Matthew's acknowledgment, she knew how strange it might be when you first met him, after all he had different customs. “I'm Somin, sorry about Matthew oppa, he often forgets that customs here are different.”


“Customs here?” She asked wondering why hadn't she asked for more information about them before being thrown into the room.


“He's from America,” a dark haired guy said. “I'm Taehyung.” 


She thank silently in her head that this guy was keeping his distance. She inclined acknowledging him and he did the same in return. She then felt an arm around her shoulders, she looked at the hand and then lifted her head to see Matthew smiling.


“I'm from Los Angeles,” he informed.


Jiwoo wanted to shake his arm off of her, but contained herself.


“Leave her alone, Matthew!” Somin exclaimed taking Jiwoo by the wrist and pulling her off of him.


“Hey, bro,” he said to Somin. “Let me be her friend.”


“No, you're scaring her.”


“They're about to start arguing,” Taehyung said casually to Jiwoo. “What about I show you the place?”


“Sure, thank you.”


“No,” Matthew stopped them.


“What?”


“I'm taking her on tour,” he gently pressed a hand in her back to lead her out of the room. 


“I thought it was your birthday...” she said shyly. “You should be there.”


“It's okay, I'm always free for a new friend.”
Jiwoo gave him a small smile.


Upon returning a manager hastened them to prepare. Jiwoo had felt a little overwhelmed at being pushed straight to work the first day, without even knowing her group mates or having spent time with them.


Still she did as she was told and did her part for their first song 'Oh NaNa', that turned out to be a different type of music than what she was expecting and somehow better. 


“Heeey,” she heard Matthew's voice. “You're cool, girl,” he said in English. “Great job.”


“Thanks,” she smiled.


They had been friends since that day, after recording the song. Though at first she was reluctant of letting him approach her too much because of his more rebel attitude, she couldn't deny that he was a really nice and sociable guy. But she was completely different, more quiet and rude, which made them collide sometimes. 


Even so they managed to develop a good friendship.


***


This is the 'first chapter' or more like the prologue, it's really short and simple and I'm sorry if isn't at all interesting, but is a small introduction that needed to be done in order to develop this. Thanks for reading!