Questions

Ocean

“Here,” Jiwoo said extending him something to clean up the sweat.

 

“Thanks,” he replied.

 

“They need to get us a place with air conditioner next time,” she complained moving her hands as a fan.

 

“It's time,” Somin said motioning them to move.

 

They heard the screams and entered the stage, and had to separate because of the order that was assigned. Sometimes they wondered why such a strict way of accommodating them, separating them in certain couples for the choreographies and otherwise in the interviews.

 

They introduced themselves, gave a brief introduction and Matthew explained how great it was to see the reception, before moving on to the questions section.

 

“BM and J.Seph, can you twerk?” Matthew read and everyone in the audience screamed asking for them to do it. “We're actually not bad twerkers...”

 

Yeah. Jiwoo had that pretty clear.

 

“If you could live your life with the face of another member, who would it be?” Somin read her question.

 

“Okay, let's hear from all the members,” the translator said. “Let's start with Somin.”

 

“Jiwoo-yah!” She exclaimed and explained why.

 

Next it was Jiwoo's turn. She thought hard about it. 

 

“BM oppa, because if I had his face,” saw in the corner of her eye how he stared at her, “I think I would attract lots of girls,” she said and laughed. 

 

Matthew turned his head slightly to the audience. Not every day Jiwoo admitted things like this, although she was not doing it directly, which indicated that she considered him somehow handsome... right?

 

After Taehyung and Matthew said their answers, she tried to read her question, but she could only stammer the start, she couldn't understand what was written next. Matthew looked at her, not minding if Somin stood between them, and he smiled shaken as a little boy when he saw her struggle. That's when she really looked like a baby, so precious and curious, and not serious and distant.

 

“Oh,” she exclaimed. “If you were to go to a deserted island, who would you take? And if all three members were drowning, which one would you save?”

 

“So, Jiwoo, who would you take?”

 

“Mmm, BM oppa,” she smiled and turned to look at him at the same time he looked at her.

 

That had been more than he could have gotten in a lifetime. Twice Jiwoo had answered that he and in the two admitted, indirectly, what she thought about him.

 

The bonus question was: if you had a younger brother or sister, which member would you want them to get married to?

 

Hard decision.

 

He would definitely say Jiwoo and what he thought of her, though he wouldn't like to leave her for someone else, it was just a question and it was fine.

 

“I would say Jiwoo,” he said. “She's for that American swag and she's the one in the group that says she is lonely the most,” he turned to see her, he knew she was reserved and probably wouldn't like him exposing her to the world, but that's what he thought, he didn't want her to feel lonely because she wasn't. But she just laughed looking slightly happy.

 

He did not like her answer. He had choose her, but she had chosen Taehyung, not that it bothered him at all, but there was something that caused him nonconformity, he knew that he should not feel anger towards his best friend for having been her choice, so he tried to remove the feeling, but the fact that Taehyung had chosen Jiwoo seconds later made it harder. 

 

Jiwoo laughed when Taehyung said her name, she was teasing him and now he was teasing her, it was weird knowing they considered each other a sibling but still funny.

 

“Because she's pretty,” Taehyung said. “And she's charming.”

 

Matthew could not contain himself, he had to say something nice about her and not just the basics that Taehyung had said.

 

“She is also really good in like leading us in the right path.”

 

There was no answer from her this time, no smile, no laugh. But she felt it. It was like one of those little events that sometimes seemed unimportant but that caused something to stir inside.