Night out

Ocean

“Accompany Matthew to his room,” Taehyung said with Somin in his arms. “I'll take her to mine.”

 

Jiwoo nodded heading to Matthew on the floor.

 

“You got this, oppa?” She asked. “We need to go inside.”

 

He murmured something that she didn't catch and nodded. In order to help him a little she had his arm around her shoulder to give him support, she only hoped his weight wouldn't crush her.

 

With effort they made it into the house and upstairs, the matter in hand now was to find Matthew's door, it was completely dark and she didn't know where the light button was. Her phone was in Somin's bag and she had nothing to light up the corridor.

 

“I can't see a damn thing,” she protested.

 

“Here's my phone,” Matthew said grabbing her hand in his own and sliding it inside his front pocket. 

Jiwoo tensed her body at his action, and quickly grab the phone. One percent of battery, great. 

 

With the screen brightness she lighted up the place and was able to find Matthew's door. 

 

“C'mon Big Matthew,” she emphasised.

 

As soon as they made it into the room the phone died.

 

“Do I turn on the light?” She asked. “I can't see.”

 

The door was already closed, so it was easier for her to find the light button. 

She could not even reach her hand, when he stopped her, one hand on her waist pulled her closer, while lowering his head to her neck. She felt his warm breath and dropped the phone to the floor.

 

“Why do you hide?” He asked in a deep, serious voice. If he was any different, he would tried to kiss her right there, tell her how he felt. But he had sanity and he knew that wasn't the best way to approach her. Still he couldn't contain himself from asking what he had wanted to know since he met her.

 

She sighs but doesn't answer.

 

“What makes you think I hide?” 

 

He doesn't answer either. 

 

“You're different,” he stated, she shakes her head even though she knows he can't see her in the darkness. 

 

“I'm normal,” she said feeling his nearness.

 

“No,” he shakes his head. “You're not,” he knew he liked that, but he wouldn't tell her... at least he tried to stop himself, but alcohol won. “I like that.”

 

The room is black but she swears she can feel his intense gaze on her. His thumb runs the back of her hand.

 

Then she pulled away.

 

“No,” she said. “You're drunk. You don't know anything.”

 

And with that she pushed him aside and left the room.

 

She had done nothing wrong, except recognise that he was drunk enough to speak nonsense. She didn't want to hear false statements, it was hard for her to get to trust him, but she wouldn't definitely trust alcohol. She just protected herself from falling for something she didn't know if it was true.