Cupid

Ocean

“Why are you looking at me that way?” 


“I'm fuelling the ship,” Jiwoo smiled mischievously.


“What are you talking about?” Somin frowned wanting to laugh over Jiwoo's expression.


“You and Taehyung oppa, of course.”


“There's nothing there,” Somin smiled nervously.


“Keep telling yourself that, everyone knows you're crazy for one another,” she shrugged.


“That's not true.”


“He finds you beautiful, you make a wonderful dance couple, he always brings you your favourite coffee, he looks at you as if you were his whole world and he's always there for you. He looks after you and sometimes even flirt with you. You can't tell me you haven't notice,” Jiwoo looked at her seriously.


“He looks after you as well,” Somin debated poorly.


“But in a different way, he treats me as a little sister, of course he can be a when it comes to protecting me,” she rolled her eyes. “But with you he gets jealous. He doesn't like you sitting with Matthew oppa or talking to other boys.”


“He told you that?” Somin asked.


“No, I just realised, is pretty obvious. Like that one time he went out with this girl that had been stalking him for a while and you found out and got pretty hysterical and locked yourself in because you got scared of what you felt. You thought I wouldn't know, huh? Well, I noticed, it's really weird for you to lock up alone in you room at early hours and not answering my messages. As obvious as you were, he is too.”


When Jiwoo stopped Somin looked at the floor as if she was being scolded by the maknae.


“Why don't you do something about it?”


Somin lifted her head as a lighting.


“What could I possibly do?” She asked anxiously.


“Hey, relax. Is not like you are going to take him on a date. I know you're not dumb, Somin, and that you realise all this like I do. When something like this happens again just ask him why is he being like that, he will probably tell you and ask you on a date and then everything that comes next.”


The oldest didn't say a word, she was deep in thought.


“C'mon Somin unnie, you know you like him and you want this, you're both already there, just make it happen,” the blonde stopped to sigh deeply. “I wish I had someone that looked at me the way he looks at you...” she whispered. “You have plenty of time to do it, and don't forget to enjoy. If it has been difficult for the two of you to get together, it means it is worth it. And it doesn't matter if you cry, feel impotent, happy, depressed... all of that is part of the experience, just feel it.”


Somin said nothing, she just hugged her friend and swore she would never let this amazing friendship go away. 


As for Jiwoo, she promised she would help her as much as she could, if she couldn't help herself with her non-existent love life, at least she could play a good role as Cupid.

 

***

 

Just to clarify something quickly. Some chapters will be extremely short, some others longer, but everything will have relevance in the fanfic; it is more than anything random moments that revolve around Jiwoo.

Thank you for reading 🖤