Practice

Ocean

 

“Come here,” Matthew asked.


Jiwoo dropped down next to him and leaned back in the mirror. Matthew had the phone ready for a selfie and she immediately approached.


“I like it,” she said.


“I'll post it on instagram,” he informed while bringing something to his lips.


“Hey! Stop drinking my coffee, oppa,” she gave him an 'angry' look and take her drink.


“It was just a sip...” he pouted.


She analyzed him with her eyes slightly closed and at the end she returned him the coffee.


“Okay, you can have more,” she said and turned to pick her hair up in a bun. “What shall we practice?” 


“Mmm... what about performance three?” 


“I still forget some steps, so yeah” she chuckled.


He put the music and Beyoncé started playing at the same time Jiwoo started dancing. She was sheepish about y dances, but she could perfectly rock them and this was one of them. 


Matthew wanted to look away but was to tempting knowing he considered her a good prospect for a girl crush, after all she could be classy (although that role suited Somin best), shy, babyish and y at the same time.


Tell me how it's looking, babe...


She finished her part and turned to see Matthew and give him a smile.


“Your turn,” she said. “With swag like I know you can.”


“Shwaag.”


He chuckled and walked to his position. He could feel her gaze upon him as if she was scrutinising each one of his movements waiting for a mistake.


“And it won't stop,” she sang in a low voice while walking to the center.


“Let's see who does it better, Jeon,” he said challenging her.


“I will beat you,” she said squinting and looking even more adorable.


“We'll see.”


She laughed and took the hand he was offering her to start. 


That's one hell of a scene


He placed an arm around her small waist to lift her and continued with the body rolls.


Jiwoo could feel how good she and Matthew got along while dancing, the only discomfort she had was his closeness, she knew he was American, he was more into skinship and she wasn't against that, it didn't bothered her either, but despite the time they had been practicing together she couldn't quite get used to it, even though she kind of liked it.


The song itself was hot, therefore the choreography was y. She had seen Taehyung and Somin dancing it and even when they looked really y, fitting the roles their choreographer had told them to fulfil—as if they were each other's high men and women—, they still managed to keep some distance. But when it came to her and Matthew, it was different. They were more close and... there wasn't even a proper explanation to it. 


They were about to finish the dance, so she turned around facing him, he had his arms behind his neck and his head slightly down looking at her, she dared lift her gaze at the same time she placed her hands on his wide shoulders to drag them down so he could move his hands. She couldn't stand it at the moment, it was uncomfortable due to the piece they were interpreting.


She turned her back on him and turned her head to finish the dance. His hand had rested entirely on her hip, not even on her waist, but lower and without any kind of separation, she could feel his torso completely glued to her.


“Hey!” She exclaimed frowning. “Hands for yourself, boy,” she walked away and faked a horrified face.


“Sorry,” he said looking slightly guilty. 


Though he wasn't exactly sorry.