You will

Ocean

“Sooo...” Jiwoo heard Matthew's voice behind her and next he appeared. “Sup fam?”

 

She laughed as he took a seat in front of her.

 

“They dumped us,” Jiwoo said turning her head towards the dance floor, where Taehyung and Somin were having a great time.

 

“Yeah,” Matthew agreed. “But they like each other, I think it's fine.”

 

Jiwoo turned to Matthew and then dropped her eyes to the drink in front of her.

 

“Do you think we will ever find someone like they have found each other?” He asked.

 

Jiwoo remained silent for a couple of minutes, she never had luck in relationships, but Matthew was a great guy and would probably find someone. 

 

“You probably will,” she finally dared say and something deep inside her ached after letting those words leave . “I mean, you're a good guy, funny and sociable, a great support and friend and you have your charm.”

 

Matthew smiled at Jiwoo's words, but wondered why she hadn't mentioned herself.

 

“What about you?”

 

“I'm not looking,” she smiled with her lips sealed. “Right now I am fine on my own, I am happy with the life I have fought for.”

 

He liked what he was hearing, he knew she wasn't a dependable woman, it was easy to guess, but hearing it from her lips was like making it real and not just the reality he wanted to imagine.

 

“But wouldn't you like to find someone someday?”

 

“Of course I would, but I do not intend to rush it, it has to happen and I know it'd be hard, because everything worth having is difficult, I don't expect it to be easy nor happy,” she seemed lost in her own mind and Matthew didn't dare to interrupt her as it was one of the only times she talked about deep topics even a little bit. “I've never had luck regarding relationships and men, that's why I stopped waiting for someone, though I do hope to find  someone meant for me.”

 

She finished and lifted her gaze. It wasn't the first time he noticed how deep her stare was, but this was the first time he actually distinguished something in her eyes. Hope

 

“You will,” he said.

 

You already have, he thought.