Inside

Ocean

Once inside, he left her in bed and helped her get her heels out.

 

“I'm going to wet your things,” she said worried.

 

“It doesn't matter,” he shook his head.

 

She tried to stand to go to the bathroom, but again that sharp pain in her ankle forced her to sit down. 

 

“Don't do that,” he scolded. “You may hurt it more.”

 

“I want to go to the bathroom,” she said.

 

He stopped looking for a shirt to go toward her and lift her on his arms again.

 

“Be careful,” he asked closing the door behind him.

 

He found a long shirt that she could use, since he obviously had no girl clothes in his flat. He knocked the door thrice.

 

“I got a shirt for you,” he said.

 

She opened the door with a towel in her hands, she had already dried her hair a little. 

 

“Here,” he spread it. “You may use it as a dress or something.”

 

She laughed weakly taking it in her hand and suddenly became serious.

 

“I...” she started. “I need... help,” she lifted her head to look at him distressed.

 

“With what?”

 

She didn't answer. She just turned around placing the hair on the shoulder leaving her back free.

 

“Can you... it?” She requested in a very very low voice he almost didn't hear.

 

He swallowed.

 

“Sure.”

 

He started ping the dress very slowly, while she looked over her shoulder. He reached the end in the curvature of her lower back revealing the white skin of her back, until he remembered that it was wrong and forced to move his hands as if the touch had burned.

 

“Thank you,” she said closing the door.

 

Matthew shook his head trying to get back to himself. Quickly got rid of the wet clothes by replacing them with something comfortable.

 

Jiwoo opened the door wearing Matthews shirt, it was too big for her, it came over her knees, which was good, since she had no shorts underneath.

 

He stopped piling the clothes to see her, something inside him burned seeing her like this, in a very natural state and his shirt on. That image was enough to damage any man's mind. 

 

She limped to get out of the bathroom and took his wet clothes along with her dress to start heading to the door.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“We need to dry this,” she said without looking back, instead focusing on walking. 

 

She gave a sharp gasp as she felt Matthew's strong arms lift her off the ground.

 

“You are not walking until we go see a doctor, for now I am your transportation.”

 

 

***

 

 

Matthew left his place in the couch to head to the kitchen, but Jiwoo stopped him.

 

“Where are you going?” She asked.

 

“I'm gonna make some supper,” he replied. “It's been a while since we ate.”

 

“I can do it,” she said quickly.

 

“No, you can't,” he said looking at her ankle.

 

She remained silent and just lifted up her arms as a small child telling him 'carry me'. He laughed in his place at the sight in front of him. Jiwoo looked simply adorable sitting in the couch, wearing his oversized shirt, her hair up in a messy bun, the baby expression on her face and waiting for him to take her in his arms. She truly looked like a baby.

 

“Okay, okay,” he gave up chuckling leaning down to take her. “You're starting to like this.”

 

“Very much,” she replied smiling with her arms around his neck. 

 

She carried her bride style and left her sitting on the kitchen counter.

 

“Heeey,” she exclaimed. “Why here?”

 

“Cause you can't stand on your feet but you're gonna help me make some hot cakes,” he was taking down everything they needed.

 

“Mmm...”

 

And so, sitting at the kitchen counter, she helped Matthew with what she could to make some quick hot cakes. It was a little weird, being on the counter with Matthew almost in front of her, if any of them got a little closer it could become a somewhat uncomfortable situation.

 

“And... done!” Matthew exclaimed and Jiwoo clapped her hands. 

 

“Cool,” she said in english and Matthew chuckled.

 

He took the plates to the bar where they usually ate, even though they had a proper dinner table. Then he returned to take her, turned his back on her to carry her on horseback. She laughed, but she wrapped her arms around his neck and her legs on either side of his waist so he could hold her.