Ocean

Ocean

“I got you some Hot Cheetos, oppa!” Jiwoo said sitting next to him on the couch with a bowl in her hands full of pop corns and chips.


“Oh! Thank you!” He exclaimed. “Where did you get them?”


“My brother came and I asked him to bring some,” she shrugged taking one into .


“Your brother came?” He asked frowning, she never mentioned it.


“Yeah, few days ago,” she replied without paying much attention.


After a long moment of thinking, he dared to ask something he had wanted to ask for a long time.


“Why don't you ever talk about him?”


Jiwoo turned her head to him, he noticed the change in her expression, again that y expression on her beautiful baby face. 


“I don't consider it necessary,” she simply said.


“But why?” He insisted knowing he was getting into dangerous and perhaps forbidden areas of her life, but he had promised himself that he would get to know her, that he would discover what was beyond that plate. “You're the only one that has a secret life or something like that.”


She chuckled.


“I don't know, I think there are some parts of life that are to be private. That is one of them,” she was speaking normally, but Matthew could sense the bitterness in her normally husky (but somehow soft) voice. But she actually explained something, that was far more than he had heard in all the time he had known her. “Which movie do you want to watch?”


“Anything, really,” he had given up for today, he knew it would take time for him to fully gain her trust.


“Okay, as I don't know either, I'll choose randomly,” she informed crossing her legs.


She had chosen a film about war, probably without noticing it, but they saw it anyway.


Eventually, Jiwoo fell asleep in his shoulder and even if he felt comfortable and satisfied in that position, he knew he had to take her to her bedroom. And so with all his willpower, he lifted her in his arms and took her to her bed. 


There, resting peacefully, with her expression relaxed, he was able to appreciate her better. Not with her usual seriousness or the earlier bitterness, but just being her. In the most normal state. 


He realised she was a complex human being, difficult to understand but definitely worth the effort. She used to say that out of the four, she was the most lonely even though nobody could see it, but at the time, he could perceive it.


She was lonely, deep, mysterious, calm; but she was marvellous, beautiful, peaceful and inspiring, sometimes salty, dangerous, attractive and had lots of secrets and life beyond the surface. 


She was like the ocean. 


And he loved the ocean.