swings

i can take u places
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After what felt like hours of doing breathing exercises in hope of settling his nerves, Jongdae waited in his car for Minseok, eyes glued to the mall entrance. He sat there reciting and practicing what he had planned.

 

Everything will be just fine. It will all work out. It will be perfect, he chanted internally as he watched for his lover to exit.

 

What he didn’t expect was his boyfriend looking so goddamn good in a fancy soft pink suit with gray accents. He swallowed, feeling his nerves spiking once again.

 

Oh , not again. Calm, Jongdae. Calm. You got this. Everything will be just fine. It will all work out.

 

Pep-talk aside, Chen’s anxiety did not cease. As the elder approached, the younger found himself forgetting to breathe, fiddling with the small, delicate ring in his pocket.

 

Noticing Minseok heading for the driver’s side, Jongdae rolled down his window. He chuckled as he gave the other a questioning look.

 

“What are you doing? Get in,” he laughed.

 

Minseok gave him a chaste kiss on the lips and giggled. “Hold on, I have to go get something. It’ll take less than five minutes,” he promised as he leaned in for another peck before jogging off.

 

Jongdae, appreciating the view, forgave the other for delaying his plans. He probably subconsciously was thanking his boyfriend for inadvertently and unknowingly giving the younger more time to mentally prepare himself.

 

As if he needed it.

 

Finally ready and confident enough to follow through with his perfected plan, Jongdae gave his attention to the figure rounding the car and entering through the passenger side.

 

“See? Four minutes. Less than five,” he beamed. Jongdae melted at the sight of the other’s soft expression. He reached a hand over to the elder’s face and caressed his cheek.

 

“I love you,” he mumbled.

 

“Of course you do, you dummy. I love you, too,” he giggled, pressing his lips against the inner side of the younger’s wrist. “So what’s the plan? Have anything fun in mind?”

 

Jongdae scratched his head before holding the back of his neck. He swallowed nervously again. “Uh, yeah. I kinda wanted to go somewhere,” he trailed off.

 

“Where? Hmm?” the elder pestered.

 

Jongdae gripped his boyfriend’s hand. “It’s a secret,” he grinned as the other dramatically pouted.

 

“Oh, by the way, what’d you go back in the mall for?”

 

Minseok smirked. “Secret,” he mocked.

 

The younger rolled his eyes, letting it slide because the other would not pry for his secret if he let this one be. “Mhm. Okay,” he hummed as he kissed Minseok’s hand.

 

“What do you want for dinner tonight?”

 

“This early? You’re thinking of dinner before lunch?” he laughed. “You’re so cute. I’ll have anything. You gonna cook? Or do you want me to?”

 

“Take out?”

 

“Jjajjangmyeon?”

 

“With fried tofu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter