009 Nip In The Bud

Nip In The Bud
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Unsurprisingly prior to the oh-not-so-dramatic scene happened two days ago, Jihwan and you became awkward again. The good thing is that he has stopped pulling stupid pranks on you and moved on. It confuses you somehow since both of you have came to an agreement to become friend however that guy sure is taking things super slow. It is as if you have never existed in his life. When both of you are too caught up with works, he will just take a quick glance at you and continue with his job. Seeing how Jihwan does not give a damn about you, then only you decide to follow his step. Whatever he is planning right now in that bipolar mind of his has nothing to do with you.

This impromptu tasks assigned by Mr Shim will end tomorrow, and deep down inside you are glad it is almost over. To handle a group of tourists are no kidding plus different individuals come with different personality making it hard to meet the demand of the clients. You on the other hand encounter different type of clients make it the difficult one to the I-don’t-give-a--as-long-as-im-on-hols kind of client. As you have to work beside Jihwan almost 24/7 you try not to appear like you are disturbed by the fact that he is ignoring you like a total stranger.

“Intern 1 come quick” you see Miss J is waving at your way commanding you to stand in front of her within 5 second. You force your legs to make their way to this super unfriendly Miss J with a fake smile. These days you cant feel your muscle moving, it is pretty hard to pull your most sincerest smile to someone like Miss J.

“It is Yeoul..” you mumble under your breath. To be frank, you are sick being called “Intern 1” since the first day of this tour. Miss J insisted on calling both of you “intern 1” and “Intern 2” for the sake of formality due to the fact that you are still student. Hell she is treating you like some kind of highschooler. Cant she just see both of you as a legit adult?

You swear to god Miss J actually hear you whine even though you try to minimize your voice as low as you can. Being a thick head Miss J, she doesnt even care if you are dissing her openly. Her skin is so thick that she thinks this world is revolve around her. God, this woman needs help from professionals. Freaking delusional as hell.

Her eyes darts off to meet yours “We have an issue. One of the guests Mr Brian went out for a drink. So, since he is too drunk to get back to hotel he requests an assistance. Go pick him up. This is the address” taking your hand, she places a small note with an address for your reference.

Before you can open your mouth to protest, Miss J has fled from the scene to attend for another business with other tour members. Leaving you dumbfounded, you scratch your not so itchy head as you try to decipher this whole situation.

On side note, this Mr Brian is a man and how can a girl like you drag a man with twice your strength back to hotel safely. Why cant she just make Jihwan go to pick him up? Oh then it comes to your sense Jihwan is out to guide a group of noisy middle aged woman to buy something from convenience store.

With a heavy heart you purse your lips in annoyance and hail a cab ‘They better pay for my taxi fare’ you inhale a deep breath. The journey to this small bar only takes approximately 15 minutes, so you are eager to end this extra curricular activities of yours soon.

 

-------------------------------------------------

Arriving at the scene after 15 minutes taxi ride, you make sure the taxi ahjussi wait for few minutes until you find your client. Without wasting time, you immediately look for the sign of Mr Brian everywhere. Your eyes eventually stop at a figure of a man leaning against the wall at the corner. Even though you are not confident if this is Mr Brian that they have been looking for but since he doesn’t look like Korean so you may as well try your luck to approach him.

Standing limply there smells reek with alcohol, you hold your breath trying not to gag. This will be one hell of night. It will be challenging to talk some sense with an intoxicated man. Your English is at average level however obviously your pronunciation still big time. Whatever it is you need to transport this drunk client of yours back to hotel safe and sound.

“Hi, are your Mr Brian the one who requests for assistance to get back to the hotel?” you wave your hand in front of his face  which garners his attention. This man in front of you is in early 30’s and judging from his appearance he resembles those rich young CEOs in dramas.

He blinks few times before gaining his strength to reply you “I am Brian…. nice to meet you” he slurs accompanied with a small chuckle at the end.

‘Just how much he drinks’ you mentally cursed.

“Okay Mr Brian, there is taxi over there so you can get back to the hotel safely. Can you walk?” you inquire showing your concern. His wobbly legs seem to give up by anytime soon but oh in the name of lord you hope he collapses when he’s inside the vehicle. It will be big trouble to lift him up from here.

He sneers “Of course I can.. you moron. What do you think… I am.. handicap?” bemused with his rude remarks, you don’t want to take it to heart. This man in front of you is intoxicated he cant even remember those words coming out from his mouth.

You watch him letting go his hands from palming the wall behind him as he tries to stand still shaking his head “Lead the way” he grunts. Mr Brian sure is super grumpy when he is drunk.

Heaving a soft sigh, you start to walk ahead him as slow as you can you just in case this drunk Mr Brian is not able to catch up on your pace. Once in awhile you will steal a glance at him making sure he is on the right track. To your surprise, you feel a hand grabbing your causing your body to freeze immediately in your spot.

He squishes your bottoms as he whispers so close to your ears “You hapee a naisee arseeee” his deep voice disgust you. A gush of despicable memories come rushing in again, you wriggle from the spot and swat his hand away. The man does not take it easily as he is offended of your action which he considers rude.

He scowls in frustration “You….dare to touch me” bewildered at his sudden change of attitude, you take a step back in defense.

“I am sorry but you are the one has been touching me..” clutching your first, you let out a shaky breath. This is one of the moments that you hate to repeat. The history has been haunting you ever since then and it clouds your mind.

The vision in front of you start to fade out, the only things could be heard was your heavy breathing and his small footsteps. Your eyes are fixed at one single image accompanied with that dreary single thoughts in your heart. Not long after, you find yourself squatting in front of him into the smallest ball with hands over your ears. Without warn you start to scream in agony,screams as if your life depended on it. You squeeze your eyes shut shrugging off the visions in your head.

Your world darkened, it brought your soul back to that night.

That one night which ruined your life forever.

The scream panics the man in front of you as he is in the middle of staying conscious or to let the alcohol take over his sanity. His head is throbbing in pain and to hear you scream does not make thing even better.

“OMO AGASHI(Young Lady) ARE YOU OKAY” the taxi ahjussi notices the commotions from his side mirror and decide to come to rescue. Watching you in this horrible state fears him even more. He takes few step closer to touch your shoulder with sole intention to get you back on feet. To his dismay, your high pitch voice flabbergast the older man. In fact you keep mumbling incoherently something that he cant decipher.

“I…am… not dirty”

“No.. no… I am not” burying your nails in your skin, you clench your teeth together feeling the pain sipping in.

“I am sorry I am sorry…” drunk Mr Brian rubs his hands together as he stumbles against the light pole in front of him. Taxi ahjussi decides to help Mr Brian first since your confusing condition right now doesnt give him an upper hand to help.

Your body is shaking violently not caring the attention that you obtain from passerby. This fear is coming back. You know this is far worst the most horrible thing that ever happen to you. It takes you months to recover mentally and physically from the t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter