005 Nip In The Bud

Nip In The Bud
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been few days since your sudden mental breakdown, but here you are daydreaming in the garden behind your school building. The negative thoughts seem to leave a significant impact in your brain. It is rather hard to shrug it off. You have not been thinking about it for so long, so it is kind of normal to feel this down.

Jungkook had done a lot of things for you these past few days. He would accompany you everyday without failed and he even dragged you out for movies. As much as you wanted to enjoy your little time with Jungkook, you cant afford even a simple smile across your face. You smile now and then but it not genuine. Jungkook knows it. He is your best friend for a reason.

Oddly, your thoughts are drifted off to the name of Jeon Jihwan. You wonder who is he and what is the story behind his disappearance? All the talk in college has been negative however deep down inside you know there is something about him that is not always negative.

Not knowing his face is another problem, for once you are interested in another male which is not Jeon Jungkook. The last time you dated a guy was six months ago and it was a depressing breakup. You got to admit the love for the guy was there but you had problem in expressing it.

In the end, it brings the worst in you so he suggested a breakup. Just like that you are single for months now. Oh well, it still cant beat off Jungkook’s record. Single since high school year. How ironic isn’t it.

The shadow beside you snaps your attention back to the real world, you tilt your head to your side giving the guy a weird look “Do I know you?” you probe.

Jihwan is on his way to the swimming pool until he catches a familiar figure in denim dress spacing out. He is surprised to see you again as he remembers how sick you were the last time he encountered you. Your last encounter with him is rather ambiguous since you are in no position to memorize his face or voice. Those panic attack blacken your mind completely.

“Is this seat taken?” shoving his hand in pocket he stares at your way boringly.

‘Is he being serious?’ your brow flinch together almost showing your annoyance but you try not to appear rude.

“Does it look empty to you?” placing your bag and files on the empty seat, you look at him warily. First of all, you have no idea who he is and to share this bench with him is beyond insane. Why would you do that to a stranger?

The corner of his lips twitch a little “It is not good to hog seats when it can occupy another soul on it” he replies with a smirk. Jihwan cant believe you are pretty spiteful for a girl with pretty face. Again girls with beauty are troublemaker.

“Are you fighting over this spot right now? Seriously.. Can I even have a peace” you grumble under your breath. Removing your book and file by placing it on your lap, Jihwan takes a seat beside you swiftly before you can even protest.

You cringe “HEY! I didn’t say you can sit with me” this call for a real fight.

Jihwan only shrug, slipping his phone back in his pocket “You are the girl from the student council right? The other day you look pretty sick. Are you alright?” the not so talkative Jeon Jihwan actually initiate the conversation first. That is very rare to see. He is known to be a cold-blooded guy in the campus not because he looked murderous but most probably he is very unfriendly.

This is creeping you out, you are bewildered by his sudden question. Alright, even though he happened to bump into you in that condition, still it doesnt mean he is allowed to ask show his concern. Why would he? He does not even know your name and most importantly both of you are not friendly enough to check each other out. Of course, this is not normal.

“WHAT ARE YOU? STALKER?” you raise your file to create gap between both of you. It is better now or never.

Jihwan chuckle inwardly in his head admiring your feisty side, it is kind of cute. He despises his own thought though, he should not be too friendly especially to a girl like you.

He snorts sarcastically “Who are you to have your own stalker?” gaping at his sassy remark, it offends you somewhat. It simply means you are not special in any way to have a stalker, is he degrading your value as a woman? That sure is smooth like hell.

“If you are here to pick a fight with me, I am not in the mood. It can be pretty messy too. I know how to punch” swaying your fist side to side,you playfully punch the air closer to his handsome face. He flinches at the sudden movement.

A victory smug plays across your face, but only to wear off when Jihwan grabs hold your fist pulling you towards him. Your body jerk forward as you manage to stable yourself from crashing his body. The only problem now is you have your hand palming his broad chest.

“Be careful, you need to study your opponent first before throwing those weak punches” his dark orbs are penetrating into yours causing your heart to pump a little faster than usual. You are so caught in the moment that you don’t notice the close proximity.

Jihwan uses the chance to study your expression, it amazes him how a girl with soft and innocent look like you would have this unpredictable feisty side. It is almost like a way for you to shield yourself from others. In few cases, some girl build walls around them because they want to appear strong.

Contradicting to your weak appearance in front him last time, this sure is different.

Oh my is he an athlete, I can feel his muscle. You fangirling in your head but quickly snapped the erted thought out before he caught you blushing.

He tilted his head watching you curiously “Are you blushing?Will you let go of me now” he teases. For some reason he is able to maintain his cold expression though he is at the verge of cracking a small laugh upon watching your flustered face.

“What?” tugging your hand away from his grip, you arose from your feet to hide your nervous face. As you are busy calming down your aching nerve, Jihwan glances at your pink file with interest. So, you happen to be his junior. Technically, since he took a gap year program, so he actually is in the same year as you.

After regaining your lost soul back into your body, you hold up your forefinger pointing at his direction “You! Whoever you are, I am not interested in you. So don’t talk to me” picking up your bag and files, you decided to leave the crime scene right away.

On the other hand, you catch Jihwan staring at you emotionless and he doesn’t utter anything. This is driving you mad. You hate suspicious guy like him, your insecurity zooms high reaching the highest peak of the universe.

You scuttle away hoping this will be l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter