004 Nip In The Bud

Nip In The Bud
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another long day in college though it was still super early to judge this soon to be sorrowful day, you could tell it is going to be extra exhausting as compared to other day. The fact that you have to run around campus to get your short summer internship approved by your faculty will take up your whole day. You know how slow the administration can be. They have so many things to handle at one time so you don’t blame them hundred percent.

This time you plan to serve for local resorts or anything that has to do with beaches since the last time you try to get engage with animals, you only last for a week. As a result, you end up spending the rest of your internship last year as a ticketing staff at the airport. The job alone was tiring and you barely got your time for yourself since it requires not only your intelligence but customer service skills.

Therefore, for this time around you are not going to let the same things happen again. You don’t care if the management team insists on keeping you as a lifeguard or housekeeper as long as it does not involve animals and plane tickets. You will be fine this summer.

Compiling the last documents into your resume, a satisfied smile can be seen across your face. It is only the second stage of the day, you still have to catch up on your reading in a bit since your professor decided to conduct a so called mock exam this afternoon.

How you despise mock exam. It only gives trouble to students like you who have nothing but faith every time the door to exam halls open. As you push yourself between the crowd, you want to get this second stage of your day to be done before it put another loads on your shoulder.

Pushing the button, you glide carefully inside the student council with a bright smile “Morning, I am here to submit my internship application” the woman behind the counter takes your file nodding with smile.

“Please give me five minutes alright?” she arise from her seat, leaving you to the back office probably trying to reconfirm back the placement of your internship with the higher officer.

“Have you heard? Jeon Jihwan is back in the team” you hear two girls who seem engross in their pretty little world.

“Oh my, seriously? How can he be shameful to get back here. I thought he quit after the incident”

“Rumors said he took a gap year program because he wanted to avoid scandal. How selfish isnt it? He should have been sent together with the other guys into the correctional facility” the girl with blonde hair shook her head with a frown.

You don’t want to poke your nose into someone’s problem but since these girls were being loud about it, you cant help but being curious. Jeon Jihwan does ring a bell, however you cannot recall where and when you have come across of this name.

The gossip does not end just like that, you hear them continue “But do you think the girl is okay? No one knows who is her ever since it happened. They seemed to be very serious in making sure no one disclose her identity. I want to know!’ she purses her lips.

“I know right. No girl with the right mind want their identity to be expose because after all she was . Hello, the society is surely judgmental about you losing your ity because you are yet they are okay with people sleep around with random individuals” she scoffed.

“Jihwan is a coward, I heard he denies his presence at the crime scene. How weird”

“Horrible isn’t it. If he is innocent why flee?”

Clutching your fist together, you can feel the blood rushes in you as if reacting to whatever these girls are trying to say. You try to steady your heavy breathing, knowing this should not affect you but somehow it manage to touch the deepest fear in your heart. You have not felt this way for over a year now. That is why you have stopped consuming your pills.

This is so wrong.

“If you have nothing better to do, stop using your filthy mouth to spread dirty rumors about others” a deep voice interrupted their conversation causing the two girl flinch in fear. They give a quick bow as they flee from the scene like a fugitive.

‘Why am I like this. This is not good’ you lean against the counter while your other hand clenching onto the edge of the counter. Your knuckle grow white and sweat start to form on your forehead baffle the cold demeanor guy beside you.

Jihwan is not a kind of person who shows his empathy to others but watching your condition, he cant help but to ask you whether you are alright. Although it almost sound so insincere and distant at first, as a civilized human being he must do his part at least. He does not want to be blame for anything happen to you in case just like before.

He sighs at the thought of the incident one year ago. If truths to be prevail, sooner or later he must find the girl. He has so much things to say, like how sorry he is even though it is a little too late for him to say it. Jihwan is utterly ashamed of his own action. He shouldn’t have run away from problems. He could have help her but he seems to make a wrong choice every single time.

Jihwan snaps his head to your direction examining your pale face, he sense something unusual about you. Like a dejavu.

“Are you really alright? You seem sick?” he questions. His voice is a mixture of confusion and concern contradicting to his low and soulless voice. There is something about him so familiar. In this condition, you have no time to reminiscing your memories.

Biting your lower lips, you manage to crack a small reply “O…kay…Thank you..” wiping off the sweat on your forehead with a small smile, only god knows how much you want to leave this place. It suffocates you to the core. You need Jeon Jungkook.

Right on cue the lady with your internship file return with a smile and explaining something to you. Once in awhile she shots you a worried look, and o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter