017 Nip In The Bud

Nip In The Bud
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I am here for Im Yeoul”

The woman behind the counter flashes him a polite smile “Miss Im is in her room. I will lead you to her room” with that she arises from her feet walking ahead Jihwan. He walks after in silence as he finds this place is super intimidating for him.

Sighing to himself, Jihwan can’t imagine how bad your condition is to be admitted to this kind of facility. He prays that you will at least recognize him with the guilt inside him, Jihwan can’t stop thinking about you ever since then.

If and only he stopped them that night.

If and only he was not ignorant as hell.

If and only he chose to care for others instead of himself.

You would not be here at first place.

It was all his fault.

His steps come to halt “We are here, her room is here. Remember, you have 15 minutes. This is very important do not do something that make her upset even though, there is nothing to worry when it comes to Miss Im. She does not talk that much. Most of the time, she will be sketching something on her sketch book. Yet, you need to be careful” she hands him the visitor tags, opening the door for Jihwan.

A grateful smile spreads across his face as he takes a deep breath, before entering the cold room. The dull room is decorated with some of your sketches hanging on the wall. He tilts his head in curiosity scrutinizing every corner of the rooms with a perplexed look. Sitting peacefully on the bed is you with sketchbook on your laps.

Your eyes batted beautifully as your fingers are doing its job drawing something random that come to your mind. Jihwan finds your beauty never fail to take his breath away, even your long hair falls messily above your shoulder, you still look beautiful like you always be.

Jihwan musters up his courage to take a seat across you “Yeoul-ah” your head snaps up instantly upon hearing your name being called.

Jihwan. Your round eyes stare boringly into his. He forces a small smile across his face “How are you?” initiating the first conversation won’t hurt right.

You wish you could say this thing in your mind, but you fail. You are weak. Im fine, you don’t look okay oppa. How’s your life. I wish you could hear me. You chant in your head as your eyes never leave him.

He wonders why you don’t respond to him when your eyes say something else. The fear and worries in your eyes it as if sending some sort of signal or messages to him. He really wants to decode that. His fingers fiddle with the hem of his shirt, inhaling a deep breath before looking at your way again.

“Yeoul-ah, I am sorry”

Why are you apologizing. Blinking confusedly with your mouth still seal together.

As if he could read your mind, he continues “For everything. It was my fault. I should have stopped them, but I didn’t. I am worse than those two. I could have saved you, but I was too arrogant and selfish. I thought someone else life wouldn’t matter to me. I let those negativities consumed me” his fist turned into a ball.

You steady your breathing as your grips around your pencil tightened. I know, you could have stopped. You were my only hope what did you do. You let me die in their hands. I…hate you. Your clear eyes start to water.

“I am ashamed of myself Yeoul. I know there is nothing I can do to change the past let alone to help you. It is too late for me, but I will do anything to fix this” he looks at you desperately.

There is nothing you can do Jihwan. The scar and memories will remain with me forever. I can resent you for the rest of my life, but will that satisfy me?

Jihwan heaved a deep sigh, moving to sit in front of you on the bed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter