008 Nip In The Bud

Nip In The Bud
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two days until the real drill, only two freaking days yet you still fail to convince Mr Shim to change your partners. You are willing to do this all alone. Isn’t it obvious you don’t need Jihwan? There you are laying flat on bed trying to memorize basic Malay phrases just in case you need them to converse with this group from Malaysia.

On other hand, Mr Shim is leaving you with no information like the do’s and dont’s of this assignment which worries you a little. As much as you want cooperate, you refuse to talk to Jihwan. On top of all, he continues to pester you all day in class. That is another reason why you never change your mind. Why is he so interested in you lately?

Sitting up on your bed, you continue to ramble random phrases from the paper as your brow flinch together in annoyance “I cant do this…” you whine like a baby. You bury yourself in your pillow again and mumbling in process as if hoping for magic to appear out of nowhere to lift up this burden on your shoulder.

Jaebum twists doorknob to your door while his other hand holding onto the toothbrush “Jungkook is here…” his voice trails off into an almost inaudible mumble. Before he can say more, Jungkook pops his head out from hiding with a bright smile.

“My Im~~” he hums happily. Jaebum shots both of you one final glance before moving on with his personal business leaving you two alone in your room.

“Go away Jungkook.. Not in the mood to talk to any human being” you snort and returning back your attention to the papers in front of you.

He scrunches his nose cutely in protest and sink beside you “What are you up to?” resting his chin on your shoulder casually, his eyes are busy scanning the papers in your hand.

“Just an assignment that need to be done this weekend. Im screwed” pressing your lips together you heave a soft sigh. Jungkook shifts closer, sliding his arm over yours bringing the paper closer to his eyes level “This is foreign language? Why are you learning this? You cant even speak English properly” he teases.

You tilt your head to meet his gaze ready to pick a fight however you are flabbergasted due to this close proximity. He is just way too close to you, and it is dizzying. God, not this again!, you cuss inwardly.

His gaze is innocent but for an odd reason you are paranoid that he is actually out to get you. He is toying with your heart knowing how you get flustered easily lately. His presence alone is too much for you to handle.

“What is wrong Yeoul-ah” his voice run over you with rough sweetness, making you forget everything surround you. Time really seem to pause for a little while.

Clearing your throat, you in solid breath “Nothing..Mmm.. Jungkook can you move, it is hot” you set the paper down as you fan yourself.

Jungkook purses his lips like sour lemons “Your air conditioner is perfectly fine why?Are you by any chance…” he leans his face close. Your gaze flick nervously meeting his deep one,and your breath hitch in process “On your period…” you hear him continue causing your eyes to fly open.

“YAH! AM NOT” you exert a little pressure and jab his arms.

“My reading says something else. Woman’s body temperature changes during that time of the month” he retorts like a genius followed by his little Albert Einstein move, pushing his round glasses back on his nose.

You recoil “Those glasses wont make you appear brilliant Kkuk.. Are you trying to educate me about this menstruation thing?” he quickly bow his head with a satisfied grin.

“Not happening” you glower indicating you are not interested with any health talk today.

Jungkook takes his time to study your dull expression and he knows it in a heartbeat something is bothering you. Being a concern friend he is, Jungkook lays down resting his head on your lap “You can tell me anything, I will listen” he traces the duvet under him waiting for you to speak up.

You smooth his hair from covering his eyes “You remember Jeon Jihwan?” your murmur is rather low but enough to perk his interest.

“Yes. He is our senior. What is wrong with him?” he steals a glance you, who appears to have zero emotion. You have never asked him about other male which is not Jimin, so he is curious to know where this conversation will lead you both.

For the nth time, you exhale a soft sigh as the thought of Jeon Jihwan suffocates you “Don’t you think he is weird? I mean… he takes a break from college and we’ve never seen him around. I know nothing about him but why is he acting like he knows me?” questions after questions come attacking you at once. However they are left unanswered.

You too have no idea why you find him interesting and mysterious. Yes, he can be super annoying and cocky to the extent of wanting to kill him to death but there is this one force trying to pull you close to him. What is wrong with you again?

The mention of Jihwan name triggers Jungkook’s jealousy. Some more you are showing your interest on him. The idea of you having a crush on Jihwan is sickening and illogical.

“Is it because of his good look” he inquires with a hint of jealousy. Jungkook is good in keeping his face straight so he wont get caught lying. You are distracted to even realize this man on your lap is hinting something else.

Biting your lower lips, you try to not blush at the thought of his handsome face and well-built body “Mmm.. that is one of them. But another thing is that, he seems to have zero manner and with the rumors circulate around campus. I feel bad for him. He looks lonely though” you sympathize him.

At some point you used to see him eating alone at the cafeteria while people throwing shades at him openly. Doesn’t he have any friend in campus? Why Jaebum seems to hate him to the core? Is it because of a girl?

Jungkook shakes his head marveling at your curiosity “Maybe the rumors are true, we never know. Not everyone appears innocent as they look. Appearance can be deceiving Yeoul. Same goes to Jihwan sunbae. We just met him this semester, we don’t even know him. It is best for you to stay away” his warning is meant to keep you away as far as he can from Jihwan. He means no harm to either Jihwan or you.

“But don’t you find it is weird people seems to use the reason our college failure to get into the championship last year just to taunt him. He seems harmless to me well except he can be quite rude sometimes. Other than that, he is a normal guy” you justify. Jungkook throws an envious glance at your way as he witnesses a small smile form at the co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter