The New Client.

I will wait for you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pie was sitting on the couch in front of the counter of the cafe reading her braille notes for her Barista exams.

She suddenly closed her book and laid her head on the couch back with her eyes closed.
Cherry reached to pie and sat next to her.
"You look exhausted..Shall I get you a lemonade?" 
" No cherry I am fine.Its just I am not able to concentrate." 

"Is it because of Mike?" 
Pie was silent on cherry's question.

" Look Pie it's been a week to that incident  and besides Mike has already called you up and apologized so why don't you just let this thing go?"

" I don't know cherry. I feel some kind of distance emerging between us.. He is no more the Mike I knew. He has changed." 

" Come on Pie..I just think that you are overthinking in this matter...He confessed that he was upset because of something and so he just burst out.It had nothing to do with you girl" 

" Yeah .. but ..there is something which doesn't feel right" pie said with disagreement.

Cherry glared at pie ..
" Pie you need to take it easy. Nothing happened it was just an act in rage that's it." 
Pie was silent for some seconds. Then she got up sighing heavily.
" I guess you are right cherry. May be I am overrating this matter" 

" That's like my girl"  cherry smiled and patted pie's back.

" And besides you don't have time to think about these stuff as we need to start working on the strategy to launch our new product line, did you forget about it Pie?" 

" Absolutely not..I am seeing  Ted tomorrow for the same. As he may have some contacts in his company who could help us with this" 

"Cool then..." Said cherry when she turned her head towards the gate and saw someone walking in.

"Hey Pie I gotta check on this new customer , meanwhile please take care of the counter." 

" Sure cherry" said Pie moving towards the counter.

It was 11pm in the night. Kim was completely worn out from the hectic day at work.

She changed to her night suit and retired on her bed.
She half lifted her pillow and picked a black hairpin with a tiny flower as it's end.
This was the same hairpin which she had secretly stolen from pie when she last time met her.

She lied on the bed holding the hairpin in her hand and looking at it softly.
" It's been a week I haven't seen you Pie? "

" Gosh.. I miss you so..much already"

" God please let me see her soon" 
Said Kim kissing the hairpin and keeping it back under her pillow.

Next day Kim reached her office very early as it was her last day to finish the big assignment on which she had been working day and night since past whole week.Also she planned to wrap up all of her work by the evening so that she could visit the cafe and see Pie.

There were hardly any people in office when she reached there.She entered her cabin and started working on her laptop taking sips of her Starbucks.


"Cherry do we have any cake delivery scheduled for ZinZan International? " 
Asked pie while checking her wrist watch

Ohh it's already 10:20 am. I have got an appointment with Ted at 10:30. Pie thought to herself 

"Yes Pie we have one employee's birthday today.I am done with icing. It's ready for delivery" replied Cherry closing the cake box.

" Well give it to me as is I am going there only for a meeting" Pie picked up the cake packet and left.

Pie reached the reception.
" Hi I have an appointment with Ted Wilson" 

" Sure Mam" the receptionist escorted Pie to Ted's cabin

" Look ...who is here ??? " Said Ted getting up from his chair welcoming pie.

" Hey Ted how are you?? Here is your today's cake delivery" Pie said to Ted with a smile while carefully keeping the cake on his table.

"Pie..Why did you take so much of effort for this?You could have sent it through the delivery boy like always."

" Of course Ted.But the main purpose of my visit is something else." 

"Ohh Pie..If you were missing me then you should have told me I would have made you a visit at your cafe..Why did you take so much pain coming all the way here" Ted said with a grin..

Pie smiled on listening Ted 
" Yeah Ted I was missing you.. But" 
" Really?? You missed me?? Yes..yes.. Ted jumped in glee

" Yeah but there is something more to the reason of my visit Ted.." Pie tried to calm Ted down from his excitement.

"More to it?? Alright tell me what is it?"Ted sat on the chair facing Pie resting his both elbows on the table.

" Actually Ted I am planning to launch a new product line in my cafe. So I need some guidance for the same." 
" I am really week in these strategies so was seeking some help as you guys are the pioneers of advertising ,so who else can guide me better than you." 

" But Pie.." said Ted with some confused looks.

" I know Ted your company takes projects from most of the top notch companies and you might not be entertaining a small vendor like me, but If you can try for me atleast once?" 

" And yes I will not be taking it as a favour I am ready to pay the whole cost ..whatever it takes.. because I want the best for my cafe." Pie said in a affirmative tone.

Ted was surprised at Pie's dedication towards her business.He was mesmerized as how one can be so con

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter