The Guilt

I will wait for you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kim.!!"
"Kim!!"
"Kim are you alright?"

Said Ted looking at Kim worriedly when he saw her face turning pale.

"Ahhh!!" 

"Yes... I ... I..am fine .. it's .. just.. I guess I am just feeling bit suffocated here" said Kim in a breaking voice trying to get the grip on the floor with her feet.

"Shall I get you some water?".. asked Ted sounding concerned.

"Thanks Ted. But I feel I just need some fresh air.. " said Kim moving away from the bar slowly still looking completely lost.

Kim's ecstasy of all the appreciation got completely clouded with the fact which was slammed on her face few minutes ago.She immediately left the party moving frantically.

"But god has been very unfair with her"
"She is Blind" 
"She is Blind"

These words of ted kept on echoing in her mind while all the time.

She entered her car, shifted the gears and raced the car to highest of its speed making a quick move out of the parking.

She was driving looking on the road but without her vision as it she was getting a flashback of all the moments when she saw pie.

She reached her apartment within no time.unlocked the door, threw her bag on the table and made a quick move towards her wash basin and started splashing the cold tap water on her face.

She stared at her wet face in the mirror and started talking to herself
" How can I be such a numbskull?"
"How can I be so judgemental about someone so innocent, without even trying to know the reality.
"How can I be so rude to someone who is so upright in her actions."

"Ahhh I am such an idiot.. Kim said in a loud voice clenching her teeth hard.

It was midnight and Kim was still not able to sleep as she was feeling very uneasy while lying on her bed.


She woke up in a jerk and sat on her bed looking for her phone kept on the side table.
She unlocked the phone and looked for Pii's contact thinking to call her.

" But this is not the right time to call Pii" she thought to herself just holding her thumb.

She threw the phone on the table , opened the drawer looking for her sleeping pills.
She gulped some pills with water and then lied on her bed trying to get some sleep.

Buzz....
Buzz...
Buzz...
Buzz...

Kim woke up when she heard her phone vibrating on the table 
She stretched her arms looking for the buzzing phone after wandering her hands for few times on the table she finally and  grabbed the phone and brought it close to her ears while her head still duck in the pillow and answered the call in a lazy voice.
"Hello"  said Kim

"Hi Kim. It's Jazz.. I just called you to confirm if are you on leave today, as it's 10:30 am and you are still not in office." 

"Ummmm... " Said Kim still sounding lazy

"shall I cancel all of the your meetings for today" asked jazz

" Is there anything very urgent that can't wait. Asked Kim

" Not really but  we have few candidates lined up for interviews and I am afraid that all of them have already arrived. Shall I ask them leave and come again  tomorrow ?" Said Jazz in a concerned tone.

"No It's fine. Just get them seated I will be there in an hour or so" said Kim disconnecting the call.

Her head was feeling heavy as she had taken a little higher dose of sleeping pills.

She unwillingly pulled herself out of the bed and started getting ready .


Ring... 
Ring...
Ring..

" Hi this is Ted Wilson speaking" Ted said answered receiving the call.

"Hey Ted .. It's me pie. Hope this a right time to talk" .. said a sweet voice from the other end.

" Hey... Pie.. what a pleasant surprise.I was just about to call you.How have you been? " replied ted excitedly.

" I am good thank you"
" Actually I just called to ask about how the feedback for our last night's service" said Pie.
" Ahhh Pie .. That hurts..I thought you missed me so called me.. But alas!! " Said Ted in a sarcastic tone.

" Ohh I am sorry Ted I didn't mean that.. I mean yeah I did call to ask for your well-being as well" said Pie fumbling ..

"Hey take it easy Pie.I was just kidding." Said Ted in smilingly.

" And yeah for the ..feedback.. I am sorry to say pie but there is a bad news" Ted said in a serious tone.

" Ohh .. is it? " Said pie in a low tone
"What went wrong Ted" asked Pie 

" Nothing was right Pie after eating your desserts" said Ted.

" Ohh .. Although I double checked all but still it went wrong.. I apologize for everything Ted" s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter