The Insult.

I will wait for you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pie opened the glass of her wrist watch to feel the needles of the watch and got to know that it was already 9 pm.
I guess there will not be any more customers coming today I should better start for home now.
She picked up her phone and dialed 5 which was the number of her driver on the speed dial.

Ring...
Ring...
"Hello" said a male voice
"Hello P'John can you please pick us up as we are  done for the day" said pie
"Sure mam I will be there in next 15 minutes" said John
"Sure we will be ready" said pie

"Cherry" called pie
Cherry was a girl from a very poor family, pie's mom is a foster parent to cherry and cherry is like a sister to pie always taking care of her.
"Yes pie" said cherry
"Time to close, let go home" said pie
"Okay" said cherry

Cherry checked the accounts for the day as per her daily routine. Then she went to garden to pick up the rabbits and keep them in their baskets back.
"Common you little fellas back to home you guys  have had enough of fun for today" said cherry picking each and keeping them back to thier warm basket.
Pie chuckled on how cherry always talks to thier pet rabbits.

Pie was slowly touching her stuff on the table and keeping them back one by one in her bag.
Lastly she folded her walking stick , folded it and kept it back in her bag.. as she knows since cherry is here she will support her till the car.

Beep...
Beep...
John honked from the car indicating his arrival.
"Cherry please close the gate let's go our pick up is here" said pie

"Coming up pie" said cherry taking her bag moving out towards the door if the cafe.

She locked the main door. Held pie's arm and then they both started walking towards the red Volkswagen waiting outside the gate of the cafe.

Both the girl's settled inside the car and then John shifted the gear as they started moving towards thier home.

"Home sweet home" said John
"Thanks John" said pie smilingly slowly moving out of the car.

Cherry held pie's arm as they moved to the main gate of thier bunglow.
"MOM we are home" shouted pie from a distance

Pie's mom was settling dinner on the table.she came running to open the door.
She always has this twinkle in her eyes whenever she see pie smiling being so vulnerable still so strong.

"My babies are here" pie's mom said smiling looking at the girl's taking off pie's  bag from her shoulder.

"Mom what's there for dinner I am starving " said pie making a baby face.

"Guess.." pie's mom said

"Is it ramen ??" Pie asked in excitment

"How do you always make out so easily without even looking at it?" Pie's mom said in defeated yet surprised tone.

"Mom God has taken one of my sense but you keep forgetting that he has made my other sences much stronger to make it up to it.." said pie proudly.

Pie's mom's eye got watery looking at her strong little daughter.
She kissed pie's head ..

"Off you two go now. Go change and get fresh and come for dinner quickly" pie's mom instructed the girl's.

"Yes... mom.." said both the girls in a singing tone.
Cherry assisted pie upstairs to her room which was next to cherry's room.

After finishing dinner cherry went to her bedroom to retire. Pie helped her mom with some chores and then cling to her slowly..

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter