Ch.9

Where the Lonely Ones Roam
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rain had carried into the following afternoon and despite the dreary weather, Kibum couldn’t have been happier to finally return home. He hadn’t particularly enjoyed himself the previous night, much to his dismay. Although Hongki and Jia made sure to stay out of the way, Kibum could feel his former therapist watching him every time she came around. Then Donghae kept making jabs at him all night and whispering mean things into his ear whenever he thought no one was paying attention. First it started off with Donghae scornfully asking him if he really wanted to eat that second slice of pizza, then it continued when they had made some popcorn to have with their movie and he refused to share.

Now that he was at home in his own room, Kibum sat at his desk writing in his journal. He put down his feelings of confusion regarding Donghae and the strange way he’d been acting lately. He’d noticed that it all began after Donghae and Key had come to his parent’s home but he couldn’t begin to fathom what the cause was. Donghae had been so nice to him that day and made things so much easier on him, which he was so grateful for.

I hope I didn’t do something to make him mad at me, Kibum thought worriedly, staring out his bedroom window at the rain. He put the pencil down and paused to search his memory from the past couple of weeks to see if anything stood out but nothing did. He wanted to talk to his brother to clear the air between them, but it would have to wait for a couple of days because the doorbell rang downstairs; guests were beginning to arrive.

Kibum safely tucked his journal back into the desk drawer. With so many people in the house tonight, he didn’t want anyone to find and read it. There were times that he would share the entries with his family, when he needed to say something but couldn’t get the words out of his mouth. This journal, however, was quite private and he shuddered at the thought of anyone reading it.

There was a sudden knock at the door and he walked over to open it a crack and peek outside. What he saw made him slam the door shut and lean against it with his arms out, trying to prevent the person on the other side to get in. The attempt was futile and moments later he was stumbling across the room wildly.

“How dare you slam the door in my face, you bastard!” Tiffany exclaimed loudly, kicking Kibum in the tush where he lay fallen on the floor. “After I spent hours curling my hair and tying it up with a beautiful ribbon! After I called upon my artistic abilities to paint my eyelids with jet black eyeliner to aesthetically please you! And you turn me away!”

“Oh my God, shut up!” Kibum yelled at her, irritably. “Geez, why did I even invite you?”

Tiffany dropped to the floor on all fours, pinning Kibum to the ground so that he could only wriggle against her strong grip. She smiled down at him lovingly, bending her head down to peck him on the lips.

“I love you. Thank you so much for inviting me,” She said sweetly, batting her mascara laced eyelashes.

The way she smiled at him, the shining sparkle in her eyes, and her sweet and sour nature, all of who she was just made butterflies flutter in his belly as if it were the first time he’d ever laid sight of her. He pulled his arm free and reached up to brush the hair out of her face and run his fingers over her pink tinted cheeks.

“I love you too,” He said softly.

The room suddenly filled with hoots, coos, and awes at the picture perfect couple and their act of undying romance. Kibum leaned up, pushing Tiffany away from him, and glanced towards the door where his entire family was standing, pushing each other to get a view of him and his legendary girlfriend. He turned slightly red and smiled sheepishly, picking himself up from the ground.

Heechul and Leeteuk stepped into the room, shooing the rest of the boys away. They closed the door behind them and gestured for Kibum and Tiffany to sit on the bed next to each other. Heechul leaned against the closet door, his arms crossed over his chest, while Leeteuk stood next to him, a hint of amusement clear in his eyes.

“I have some ground rules for tonight,” Heechul informed the couple. “First of all, I want you to keep things PG-13. You may hug, you may cuddle on the couch, and you may kiss each other good night when it’s time for you to leave, Tiffany.”

Kibum nodded his head slowly, biting back the sarcastic comment that he wanted to make. What did Heechul think they were going to do, sneak into the basement and make passionate love all night long? He chuckled at the thought, but stopped when Heechul shot him a stern look.

“Secondly, you have to be under the supervision of one of your brothers at all times,” Leeteuk said, and instantly the two began to complain loudly. Personally, he thought this rule was just a bit of a stretch, but he certainly understood Heechul’s reasoning behind it.

“Enough! I understand that you want some time alone, but you should have thought about that before you went skinny dipping in some poor old lady’s swimming pool,” Heechul growled, putting an end to the complaints right away.

“Oh, you know about that?” Kibum asked lightly, fiddling his fingers together.

Oops.

Heechul stood up straight and put his hands on his hips, giving the two of them the umma look. Eyebrows raised, lips in a straight line, and completely intimidating. “That pool belonged to Soleil Esperanza, the Spanish Sunday school teacher! She called me the next morning to inform me that she would be more than happy to open her home and pool to my children and that while she would appreciate it if you didn’t skinny dip in her pool again, you have a very nice , Kibum.”

“Well, I certainly think so,” Tiffany responded smugly, wriggling her eyebrows at Kibum. Heechul scoff and rolled his eyes, not half amused as Leeteuk was with this entire situation.

“We just want you to enjoy your time being kids. You’ll have plenty of time to skinny dip and explore all the pleasures of intimate relationships when you’re older,” Leeteuk explained to them calmly. Tiffany snorted, slapping her hand over to cover up the giggle that was about to escape. Kibum glared at her, elbowing her in the side as warning to shut the hell up already.

It’s a little late for that, hyung.

“I promise that we’ll behave,” Kibum told Heechul earnestly. He stood up and beckoned Tiffany to follow him out of the room. He paused for a moment and turned around to face the two of them one more time with a sly look on his face. “But really, when you make me buy you condoms, lubricant, and chocolate syrup you’re really not one to talk.”

Heechul’s mouth dropped in shock, but Kibum grabbed Tiffany’s hand and ran downstairs before he could be told off. Even so, he could hear Leeteuk laughing which was followed by a smack and then a complaint of pain.

As they entered the living room, Kibum noticed that more guests had arrived. There was Taemin, who was constantly at the house because Key never went anywhere without him, and Minho, whom he liked well enough. He had this secret theory that Minho and Key had something going on between them, although when he had hinted at it, Key had gotten mad and whacked him upside the head. Still, he hadn’t failed to notice that Key had turned bright red at that moment, which only fueled his suspicions.

He and Tiffany walked to the couch to sit down, joining Eunhyuk and Donghae. The two boys smiled at Tiffany and greeted her fondly; everybody loved Tiffany. Once they got settled, Eunhyuk leaned forward, a glint in his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter