Ch.33

Where the Lonely Ones Roam
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning Kibum laid on his bed, watching the shadows dance around on the ceiling as a gentle wind blew through the trees outside. He rolled out of bed and walked over to one of the windows, peering out as dark red leaves fluttered to the ground around the cute little graveyard that his brothers had put together for Halloween. He watched completely mesmerized as the sun light sparkled on the dewy grass; it was really kind of beautiful and he wanted to spend the day outside.

Stretching his arms above his head, he yawned loudly and shuffled out of his room. He peeked into Heechul’s room where he found Heechul sleeping soundly with Leeteuk, but he didn’t want to disturb them so he quietly crept down the stairs, avoiding the third step from the top that creaked whenever someone stepped on it. Walking into the kitchen he glanced at the clock on the wall and saw that it was close to ten in the morning, which was pretty late for Heechul to still be sleeping in but he decided that it was well deserved since Heechul always did so much for him and his brothers.

In fact, Kibum decided that it was about time that he thanked Heechul for all that he did for him, and he was going to start by making breakfast for him. He rummaged through the cabinets until he found all the ingredients to make chocolate raspberry muffins which he knew were Heechul’s absolute favorite. He would have made orange cranberry for Leeteuk but he didn’t know the recipe for that, so he settled for making freshly squeezed orange juice for him instead because he was extremely appreciative of what Leeteuk had done for him yesterday. After he’d finished, he stuck the juice in the fridge to chill and stuck the muffin batter in the oven to bake.

Once everything was all set, he entered the garage to search for the rake and lawn bags, which he found in the corner. He hit the garage door opener before walking over to grab them and tossed them into the frown lawn before heading back into the house. Since breakfast wouldn’t be ready for twenty minutes, he went upstairs to get ready for the day. He got dressed in some of the clothes that had been bought for him before heading into the bathroom to pull his hair up into a ponytail. By time he finished washing his face and brushing his teeth, he heard the timer downstairs ring a couple times. Knowing that the muffins would be fine for another minute, Kibum shuffled over to Heechul’s room and knocked on the door frame.

“Hey, I made breakfast,” He announced loudly, walking to the bed to shake Leeteuk’s shoulder before heading around the other side to make Heechul wake up. “Come on, rise and shine sleeping beauties!”

“Alright, alright,” Heechul complained, sitting up and pushing the hair out of his face. “Go on, we’ll be down in a couple minutes. Shoo, get out of my room.”

“Gross, you’re under the blankets aren’t you?” Kibum said, scrunching up his face as he ran from the room before he saw anything that would forever be burned into his memory. He could hear the two of them laughing merrily as he walked down the stairs and into the kitchen.

After pulling the pan out of the oven to cool on the counter he began to set the table for the three of them. Once that was finished he went over to the medicine cabinet to pull out his morning doses of medication, dumping the three pills into the palm of his hand. He stared at them, thinking about the conversation he’d had with Heechul last night. It was silly of him to think that Heechul would even consider allowing him to change his medication routine no matter how much he pleaded. He didn’t want to miss out on anything more because these little pills messed with his head so much, so he stuck them in his pocket and put the bottles back into the cabinet as he heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

“Oh, it smells so good in here,” Leeteuk declared as he and Heechul headed into the kitchen. He spotted the getup on the table and looked at Kibum with a wide smile. “Did you do all of this?”

Kibum nodded, gesturing for them to sit down at the table. “I thought you both deserved a chance to sleep in and have someone make breakfast for you. I hope that you like everything.”

“Kibum, that is so sweet,” Heechul said with a smile.

“The orange juice is freshly squeezed and the muffins are your favorite flavor,” Kibum explained as he filled their glasses. He set the pitcher aside and brought them each a muffin before grabbing one for himself and sitting at his pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter