Entry 5

Counting Kisses | P.JH | J.JK | B.I |

Entry 5


7:30pm

I was currently sitting between Jennie and Nayeon at my house. No one was home except us. Jennie somehow already knew Nayeon and decided to call her to my house and treat my wounds.

I would say it was completely quiet; but I would be lying. On one side, Jennie held a soccer shaped icepack to my cheek and on the other, a scolding Nayeon- who I personally have never seen so mad in my entire life.

“I mean-what were you thinking?” She demanded. “Why would you run into a fist fight like that? This is entirely your fault, you do know that right?”

“Nae.” I simply answered.

“Look at your face, I should have taken you to a hospital.” She exclaimed. “Better yet at mental institution because what you did was insane.”

“I don’t think she needs this Na-“ Jennie tried to stop her but she was cut off when Nayeon embraced me in a hug.

“Why aren’t you talking?” she whispers in my ears.

“I wonder if Jungkook is okay.”

“Jungkook?” She asks in disbelief. “Jungkook!? This is not the time to worry about him, you just got punched because of him!”

“Was it really because of him? Or was it me?” I face her. “They started to act differently right after my date with Yugyeom. How am I supposed to feel Unnie? I feel like I just did something horrible!” I yell at her.

I hear buzzing behind me and Jennie steps out to answer a phone call. Nayeon doesn’t move but I can tell my actions have shocked her.

She sighs and grabs my hands. “Listen Jihyo, you’ve been in “love” with him for so long, honestly I don’t know how you feel. But listen to me when I say this. If you truly love him-then you have to tell him. You have stop hiding and watching him from afar because it’s just hurting you.

And if he rejects you so what? There are plenty of men who would die to be in the arms of Park Jihyo. I’ve always thought that there is nobody worth of you love and tears. Jihyo as my friend and sister, you are an amazing person. It’s time you started to come out of the shadows.”

I tear up at her words and I envelope her in a giant hug. She hugs me back and I suddenly feel better again.

“Oi!” We pull apart and see Jennie standing there smiling. “My brother is here. He’s worried about you.”

“Hanbin?” Nayeon asks in disbelief.

“You have a brother?” I pipe in.

“Let’s go greet him, otherwise he’ll throw a fit.” She laughs.


 

7:33pm

When Nayeon opened the door, I was shocked that the same boy from earlier came in. He and his friends all comfortably sat in the living room while Nayeon scolded them about their shoes on the furniture.

Jennie was checking her brother’s face for injuries, but he only dismissed saying he was okay.

“Um, would you like some pizza. I made some yesterday and we have a whole one in the fridge.” I offered.

They all screamed yes! And started to chant Pizza while holding each other.

“You shouldn’t have offered, they won’t be satisfied with pizza.” Jennie warned.

“It’s okay. I can make some ramen while they eat.” I smiled.

I walk to the kitchen and I hear the television turn on and a bunch of screaming. Well, I’m glad they’ve made themselves at home. I turn on the oven and preheat while I pull out a giant pot and five bags of ramen.

I was so lost in concentration that I jumped as soon as I felt a hand cover my sight.

“Ah! Unnie you scared me!” I whined.

“Ha! You whine cutely.” A deep voice said.

I quickly spin and lose my footing. The same arms from the arcade circled my waist and caught me.

“S-Sorry.” I apologize looking down at my well- I tried looking at my feet but the only thing I could see were our chests connecting. I turn beat red and try to push him away.

Hanbin, who’s name I learned earlier stepped away respectively. “Are you okay?”

“Huh- um yeah- I didn’t get that scared. . .ha!” I scoff playfully.

His smiles falter and I see him tense up. “I meant your cheek.”

I subconsciously touch my cheek and wince at the sudden contact.

He growls, and I see him clench his fists. “That guy, how can you go out with that douche?”

“Guy?”

“Yeah the one from the arcade.”

“I’m not dating him.”

I can see his body relax, so I turn to the fridge and get the pizza.

“That’s good. A man who hits a woman is no man.”

“It was an accident.” I interjected.

“How so?” he leans on the counter and crosses his arms.

“They were already fighting, I was trying to stop them.”

“Why?”

“I didn’t want them to hurt each other.”

“But you got hurt in the end. Next time just get someone else to do it.”

“I didn’t have time, plus I had seen the blood-I needed to stop it.”

He says nothing, and I put the pizza in the oven.

“You’ve got guts, Park Jihyo.”

I wince at the sound of my name. Why did it sound so nice?

“Nayeon said it was recklessness.”

“It sounds to me like you’re in love.”

“Huh-what do you mean?” I turn to him.

“You’re in love with one of them, why else would you do that?” he says. “Or aren’t you?”

Before I could say anything else, he laughs aloud startling me.

“Wae?” I say.

“It’s Jungkook, right. He is a pretty boy after all.”

I say nothing and grab the pot and take it to the sink to fill in with water.

“You should probably say something- tell him how you feel.”

“Wae? Why should I? Why are you telling me this?” I ask in disbelief.

“Because you’ll end up regretting it.”

Saying nothing more he walks away leaving me stunned in my place.

 


Tuesday, September 25

8:00am

Walking inside the hallways I can feel all the stares drilling holes into my face; My cheek started to hurt as I bit the inside of it out of nervousness.

“I can’t believe she got hit yesterday.”

“Wow, it’s so ugly.”

“How stupid could she be?”

“Who does she think she is?”

“I heard Yugyeom fought because of her.”

“Apparently he’s caught her sleeping with someone else.”

“Wow, what a !”

I tried to walk as fast as I can to class, holding back the tears that threaten to fall. How can they say such things?

I enter class and I see that it’s empty. Leaving my stuff on the desk I walk to the window and cry.

Yugyeom.

Jungkook.

Why do I feel like this?

“I’ve never liked to see you cry.”

I turn around, my eyes widened at the sight of Jungkook. He stood there, his face filled with bruises. My eyes fall to his lips. One of them was split.

“I’m okay. These will fade.”

Why was he talking to me?

Am I dreaming?

I stood there quietly not sure on what to do. He has never spoken to me directly- he had always spoken around me through people but never directly at me.

“I’m sorry.” He said.

“Eh?”

“I promise I will never make you cry again.” He said. The warning bell rings and I hear footsteps running frantically in the halls. He walks to his seat, and sits not saying another word to me.

Soon enough the class fills up, Mina pulls me into our seats and I can feel eyes on me like earlier.

“Just ignore them, Ji” Bambam says. I look towards Yugyeom seat and I see it empty.

“He’s taking the day off, said he needed to clear his mind. Don’t worry, he’s with Minghao.”

I smiled weakly and grab my books. Class started but I couldn’t help but wonder what Jungkook meant by earlier.

 

I’ve never liked to see you cry.


 

A/N: So I’ve been extremely busy these last few weeks. Halloween, a pumpkin decoration contest, a fall festival to plan at work, and being lead teacher cause my co-worker is out of town.

Let’s just say October has been a crazy month.

Have you guys heard about MAMA being 4 days, holy cow I thought to myself. I need to ask the day off, so I can see the award ceremony and now I’m like- how can I miss 4 days of work. I’m poor- I need the money.

Guess what, Day6 came to Austin and I saw them through skype lol my friend went as she was nice enough to video chat me. I was shooked, my feelings were triggered and I cried cause I’m poor and couldn’t afford the tickets(it wasn’t that expensive but I paid like four bills that week tickets were on sale), it was either them or food. I had to survive lol.

And have you guys heard LIKEY, it’s so good. I’m waiting for the reaction fancams now lol.

Anyway thanks for the comments, and I hope you guys like this chapter.

W/ lot’s of love,

Kira503