Entry 2

Counting Kisses | P.JH | J.JK | B.I |

Thank you for your words, they encourage me greatly hope you like the chapter!

stellarelevations


Chapter 2

(continuation)

I sit stiffly for the past 10 minutes next to brother while the four boys talk animatedly about the finals. Each one of them ignoring me, but I mean- I don’t mind. I can’t move and I’m pretty sure that if I tried to even say a word I’d mess it up somehow.

“But I heard we have one less game than usual.” I hear brother say.

“Yeah I heard about that too! The one with Yang!” Namjoon adds.

I quickly pulled out my notebook and scribble the information I’m hearing.

Park vs Yang game cancel. Merging is possibly happening.

I lean into the window and I somehow manage to have a small opening to see Jungkook’s face.

Unfazed, could I be wrong!

They change the conversation to their game with Pledis this week and are excited to face of the 13 beasts of Pledis. I mark off the time and put my journal away, clearly, they’ve lost interest in the abnormality.

“You should come see us play Ji!” I freeze as Jinyoung refers to me.

I can feel all four of their gazes at me. I turn beat red as i try to gather some courage to speak up. “I-I”

“It’s on Wednesday. We could get you front and center seats!” Namjoon says. “You, know so you can bring a friend.” He smiles.

“You mean Jungyeon~!”

“Jackson Wang shut the hell up man!” The two playfully wrestle each other. The bus driver yells out for them to stop and they do.

“I-, maybe I will. . .” I blush.

I’ve never seen Jungkook play from so close. I was always in the back admiring him through my binoculars. Yes, I know it’s weird but that’s how I get my stories for the weekly sports column on the schools webpage.

I personally dread sports, I really wanted to be on the short story page, but when I met Jungkook, well-I needed an excuse to be near him, so I studied the sports as best as I could so I could be the school’s sports reporter.

And I understand that my new article has nothing to do with sports, well sort of, but I really want to publish something worthwhile. I won’t publish under my name of course, I could get expelled with what I’m doing.

I still haven’t thought of a secret name, but when I did and finished the story, I’ll be like all those reporters or blogger I’ve seen in tv so much.

“C’mon, don’t tell me you won’t support your brother,” Jackson snaps me back into reality. “I mean, he’s your favorite Oppa!”

“Am I your favorite Oppa!” Before I could answer him, I quickly climb rail in front of me and run to the door as the bus arrives at the school. “See you at home!” I yell.

“Yah! Park Jihyo, who’s your favorite brother!?!”

 

10:25am

 

I watch Jungkook as he sat a few seats in front of me during Spanish class. With my book standing in front of me I notice something strange from him.

Jungkook walks is acting distant- more than usual. Could it be he’s thinking of the merge?

I write in my notebook everything I see. My beautiful Jungkook.

“Miss Park, can you tell me what this sentence says.” Mr. Ok glares at me from where he stands at the blackboard. I see everyone turn at me and I can feel my face redden.

“Stand and recite this for me Jihyo-ssi.” He says with his arms crossed.

I read the sentence and I smirk already knowing the answer.

Yo no se como llegue aqui, ni porque, pero podria ayudar me por favor?”

Mr. Ok’s smile falls and glares. “Sit and stop whatever you’re doing behind that book.”

“Yes, sir!”

12:30pm

After we were dismissed to study hall, I follow Jungkook down the hallway without it being suspicious.

We arrive at the principal’s office, he enters quickly. And I crept to the glass of the door and peek inside. No one was there.

Jungkook walks into principal’s office once again, possibly to talk about merging?

Carefully walking in, I tiptoe to the back and sit where I was. The door was propped slightly open but not enough to where they could see my shadow.

“I plan for you to tell everyone on Thursday. I don’t want this to affect the game on Wednesday against Pledis.”

“I understand sir.”

Merge announcement happening on Thursday. Must publish Wednesday night.

“Good, you are dismissed.”

I quickly squirm to one of the desks out here in the room, hiding under it. I can see through the crack that my beloved angel left.

Making sure the coast is clear, I perk my ear out near the principal’s office and I hear the phone ring.

“Hello, oh hello Chairman, how are you? I’m great thank you! Yes, I have someone tell my kids next week. What? Only 15 students- a trial session?”

15 students to come, a trial session will be held before the full transition?

1:06pm

“Okay sir, I’ll let my speaker know. Yes yes, good day to you. Goodbye!”

I put my notebook away and leave for the courtyard.

 

1:10pm

I find Jungkook with his friends and my brother having lunch outside. I sit near enough to listen to any information but for the next 10 minutes- nothing. I sigh putting my notebook away knowing I wouldn’t gather anything after this.

“Yah, what are you doing!”

“Ah!” I squeak. I turn and see Jungyeon holding a lunch tray behind me with two plates.

“Don’t scare me like that!”

“What stalking Mr. Perfect again?” she raises an eyebrow.

Dragging her away, we hide behind some bushes and sit down.

“I am not stalking! I am gathering information!” I snap pulling out my notebook again to prove my point.

“Yeah, right. . .” She sits down on the floor next to me. “Here you got to eat weirdo!”

“Just leave it there.”

Groaning, she places it next to me and I can hear her munching shortly after.

“So, what info are you looking for? The size of shirt he wears? Shoes? What’s his favorite color, or what kind of underwear he wears?”

“What no!” I smack her shoulder. “I am not that kind of admirer.”

“Mhmm, keep telling yourself that admirer.”

“I’m not!”

“Yeah, whatever. Listen you need to find a hobby, other than writing about Jungkook.”

“This is not a hobby, you see Jungkook knows something about something huge that will happen at this school and he plans on telling everyone soon.”

“Oh yeah, what could be so huge your stalking him on plain daylight?”

“I can’t tell you, if I do then it will spoil my article on Wednesday.”

“Oh, for the love of God! Don’t tell me he’s gay?”

“What!” I whisper scream. “No~!He is not gay! Why would you think that?”

“Well for starters, he ignores everything with a skirt.”

“Dude, you are being delusional!”

“What, it’s true. I mean have you ever seen him date anyone?”

“He is not gay, and I’m going to drop this conversation now.” I look back to the boys.

“Are you saying that because it’s convenient for you?”

“Jungyeon!”

“Fine whatever, but whatever you’re doing is not healthy.”

“Yeah uh huh, sure now can you keep quiet!”

I hear nothing behind me so I assume that she’s started to eat her food. But I was wrong when I saw a pair of longs walking towards the crowd of boys my heart dropped. “No, Jungyeon.”

I see them talking for a bit and notice Namjoon squirming in his seat.

I can’t make out what they’re saying but they all speak amongst themselves at what she’s saying.

Minutes felt like hours and I was literally sweating bullets down my forehead, but then I saw her back turn to the boys and walk back towards my direction.

“So, are you free today?” she said as she reached me.

“Are you insane! How! Why would you go up to them like that!” I ignore her.

“Uh, chill, guess who got you a date at the arcade today?”

“Wae! You didn’t?” my heart races at the thought.

“I didn’t, technically it’s Yugyeom. Not your prince.”

My expression falls, “And why would you do that? You know Yugyeom annoys me!”

“Listen, your brother is going too, it’s like a triple date. Jackson and Jinyoung are having blind dates at the arcade tonight, Yugyeom wanted to come but apparently needed a date so Ta dah! Here you are going tonight at 6:00!”

“I need information on Jungkook! Not Yugyeom or anyone else.”

“Ah ha! But you see my weird friend is that, Jungkook and Mark are going to a little after 7:00 to see if they’ve failed and then hang out there themselves for a while.”

“Really!” I exclaimed. “Wait? How did you find that out in the 5 minutes you were there!”

“All I said was ‘what up homeboys’ and that seemed to do the trick.”

“You are a miracle worker.”

“I know. Hail Yoo Jungyeon!” she laughs her boyish laugh.

“Hail Yoo Jungyeon!”

 

5:25pm

It was really hard on what to decide on what to wear, I mean I didn’t want to look that I was trying hard for Yugyeom but, I also knew Jungkook was later going to be there so what I decided on was nice.

Sungjin had bought me this cute pecan colored pinny dress and I just thought it’d be casual enough for today. I matched it with off the shoulder white top and some light pink suede espadrilles.

As for my hair, my normal bangs I’d leave and just place it in a ponytail. Grabbing my old light pink purse, I shove in my mirror, phone, and mini journal and I head downstairs.

Jinyoung oppa was in the living room, sitting on the couch watching re-runs of an old cartoon. “Oppa?”

“Ah, Jihyo-ah you look cute, didn’t think you’d dress nice for Yugyeom.”

“I didn’t.” I deadpanned. “I plan on leaving as soon as I get annoyed.”

“So as soon as you see him?”

We burst out laughing and get interrupted by his phone.

“Alright, well I’ll see you there, I have to go pick up the girl.”

“I hope she’s cute!”

“Me too sis. Me too.” He says closing the front door behind him.

 

6:30pm

“Can you play any better!”

“Sorry Jihyo, I never thought you’d be so good at a shooting game.” Yugyeom whined as he tried shooting down more dinosaurs.

When Yugyeom picked me up from my house, it was a bit awkward considering we were on a date. But he quickly turned that around and started to make me laugh with stories of Jin and his annoying yet cute attempts at jokes. Honestly, we were having so much fun that we nearly gained a thousand tickets for a panda I spotted earlier as we looked for some prizes we’d want later.

“Look out!”

“Ah! Damn it.” A dinosaur had pooped out of the sky and killed off Yugyeom, eliminating both of us in the process. I pout and put my green gun away.

“I guess we can try another game?” He offered, I smile at him in agreement and we both walk away grabbing our tickets, and searching for a new one.

“Oh look! Yugyeom there’s Po! A kung fu panda game! Kaja!” I run ahead of him, I go around two kids and I reach towards it trying to touch it and claim it as ours, but it was intercepted by another’s hand slightly pushing me off balance. Closing my eyes, I wait for the impact, but I feel a large hand grab my wrist and pull against them.

“Whoa there! Are you all right?”

I open my eyes in shock but they widened even more when I saw a beautiful face in front of me. He was a bit taller than myself and had the cutest smile. His nose was sharp, he had a great shaped chin and it added to his charming looks. His eyes, so sparkly, so black. I was in a trance.

He wore an oversized checkered red shirt and some black skinny jeans. And it ultimately made him look cool.

“Y-Yes, Thank you.”

We stare into each other’s eyes for a moment longer when I hear Yugyeom call out to me.

“Yah! What are you doing!” He grabs the boy away from me and pushes him away.

“Hands off man, don’t touch me. Some manners you have punk!”

“What did you say!”

“Yugyeom.” I stepped in between them and kept Yugyeom away with my hands. “Calm down, he was only helping me.”

“Jihyo, he had his arms around you!”

“I almost fell!”

“Listen cutie, as much as I’d loved to stay and chat, I’m going to go. It was nice bumping into you.” He winked at me.

Walking pass Yugyeom, they bump shoulders and Yugyeom slightly loses his balance but he shrugs it off.

“He was only trying to help-“

“Drop it Jihyo, I don’t want to hear it.” He snarls.

I step back slightly in shock, but I held my ground. “Don’t talk to me that way. He was trying to help me!”

“Yeah right, I saw how you looked at him.”

“So! We’re only on this date because you wanted to join my brother and Jackson. Stop acting like you care about me that way!”

“And what if I did?”

“Well I’m sorry Yugyeom, but I never gave you a reason to believe I did too.”

His face is still stoic and mean, he doesn’t say another word and walks away.

I stay standing there tears forming in my eyes. Damn, I was too harsh.

“Well he was a jerk,” I hear behind me.

A pretty girl with beautiful long straight hair and cat eyes stood there with tickets in her hand and a drink. “I heard you mention Jackson, so I came to check what happened.”

“Oh, yeah he’s my brother’s friend.” I look at my feet.

“You’re Jinyoung’s sister?

I nod, still looking at my feet.

“I can take you with him, he’s with my friend Jisoo.”

“Thank you,” I smile faintly.

“By the way, my name is Jennie. I go to Yang High School.”

“Yang High School?”

 

A/N: I had so much fun writing this. A little sad with what happened but I will make this a happy outcome.

I was listening to Twice yesterday before I fell asleep and I literally dreamt of Jihyo and B.I together, talking to me like we were old friends! AH! If only dreams were real.

I hope you guys liked this chapter! Tell me what you guys think!

Comment, Subscribe, and Upvote!

W/ lot’s of love,

Kira503