Entry 3

Counting Kisses | P.JH | J.JK | B.I |

Chapter 3

7:50

“And you know what else they said, that your school was going to lose.” Jennie munched on her bowl of fries. “Big time.”

“Whatever, we were going to win! What chu talking about girl~!” Jackson laughed as Jennie playfully hit his arm.

When Jennie decided to help me find my oppa, she led me to a booth where he was sitting with a pretty girl whom now I know is named Jisoo.

This was the best thing that could have happened to me. Jinyoung didn’t even question about me arriving alone, and they were talking about the canceled game against Yang. I had the microphone on my phone and had let them speak as leisurely as they wanted to.

“Jinyoung-ssi what position do you play?” Jisoo asked smiling charming.

“Defense.”

“Wait, what about Jungkook?”

“Attacker. Wait how do you know who Jungkook?” He questioned.

Something grew on the inside of my stomach and patiently waited for her to answer.

“He’s famous amongst the cheerleading squads, there’s rumors that he’s the attacker no one wants to face.” She shrugs nonchalantly.

“Understandable, that kid got his position for a good reason after all.” Jackson adds.

“Damn right he did!” We hear next to the booth.

Mark and Jungkook must have walked up when I was distracted, I quickly look away when Jungkook catches me watching.

“Look, sorry to interrupt your date-“ he looked at me. “Sorta, Jihyo weren’t you supposed to be with Yugyeom?”

All eyes land on me including Jungkook and I quickly look at my hands on my lap avoiding they’re gazes.

“I-well you see, um. . .”

“Wait does he mean that that yelled at you earlier?” Jennie spoke up.

“What? He yelled at you?” Jinyoung stood up furious.

“No- well what happened-“

“Yup he left her, just walked away, all because someone caught her before she fell.” Jennie added. Oh my gosh, Jennie you’re cool but shut up! “he was totally jealous, honestly why do you have a boyfriend like that?”

“He’s not my boyfriend, and I said something harsh as well so don’t blame it all on-“

“Jungkook! Where you going?” Mark yelled behind him. I look up and I see Jungkook walking away from us. His posture rigid.

What have I done?

9:00 pm

“And he walked away!”

“He probably had to go to the bathroom?” Nayeon defended.

I invited Nayeon, Mina, and A yeon to the house for a sleepover. Sungjin was held up at work and Jinyoung is sleeping over at Mark’s place. It was a perfect chance to rant about everything that was happening to me.

Jungyeon was on kakao live listening while she munched with Jimin and Tzuyu who laid in bed with her.

“No, he never came back. I shouldn’t have said what I did. It was harsh and mean.” I whined into my pillow, the last part muffled by the pillow.

“I didn’t know Yugyeom liked you? I thought he went after girls like Mina.” Jimin answered through the line.

“Does not!” Mina defended herself.

“You never know?” A yeon chimed in.

“Can we not!” Mina smiled awkwardly.

“Jungkook hates me.” I sigh defeated.

“He does not.” Jungyeon yelled through the pc, her loud voice resonating through my laptops speakers.

“He does! I hurt his best-friend.”

“Then apologize tomorrow. Then Jungkook will see your sincere feelings, and continue to live the life you did before.” Tzuyu finally spoke.

We all stayed silent and saw her stoic face disappear from the screen. She half shrugged and continued to eat her snack.

 

Monday, September 24

I walked inside the school hoping I would find Jungkook and Yugyeom together. Walking into first period I see Yugyeom but no Jungkook.

Yugyeom looked up and saw me and I knew there was no pretending that I didn’t see him.

“Yugyeom-“I started. But he stood and walked towards me. He stopped right in front of me.

“Jihyo, I’m sorry.” He looked into my eyes.

Relaxing I look at him back. “No, I’m sorry. I said some hurtful things, and I should have been patient but I exploded. . .”

“No Jihyo, I’m sorry I was out of line and honestly I was a jerk. You’re free to like anyone and our date wasn’t official either. I’m just sad that you don’t see me that way.”

“Eh?” my eyes widened.

“I think your cute Jihyo, and I know you have eyes for Jungkook. But let me tell you something. . .” He grabbed my hands in his and pulled me closer to him. “I’ll be patient, because Jungkook is not the guy you think he is, and I know you’ll stop liking him one day.”

Not the guy I think he is? What is he trying to say?

“What do you-“

“So, I see you two made up.”

I freeze at the voice that interrupted my question, slowly turning my head, I see Jungkook standing at the door, watching us with serious eyes.

I tried pulling away but Yugyeom pulled me closer to him, his grip tightening. “Can we get a minute?”

“Class is going to start, break it up.”

“Dude, we just need-“

“Break it up.”

“Jungkook!”

“Break it up before I have to!” He yelled.

I jumped when his voice raised. He looked at me when I did, as I could’ve sworn his tense gaze softened just a bit.

“No way! I can’t believe she did that!” We could hear from the hallway.

“Please Yugyeom, let go.” I pleaded softly.

He looked down at me and then at Jungkook. Letting go I quickly run to my seat and the boys soon follow.

What just happened?

A/N: Got some free time to finish this chapter. Hurricane Harvey really hit Houston hard, thankfully where I live it was just rain and strong winds (like it would make my car drift and move).  My uncles dog disappeared for a little while, but thank God! That the dog was able to find it’s way back to their place. Anyway, prayers and help out if you can! Donate to small groups or places like Salvation Army. Unicef, The red Cross and others similar aren’t really trustworthy.

Hope you guys like this chapter. And stay safe for those who might cross paths with Hurricane Irma.

 

Lots of love,

Kira503