Finale Concert Day 2

Producer? Idol? Role model? Lover!

It was 2nd July, the second and last day of the Finale Concert. Jinri once again stood in line as she waited to go inside the Olympic Hall, with Somi this time. Her brother insisted that one day of the concert was enough, so she decided to go with Somi as she was close to a lot of the 35 trainees as well.

"Unnie, are you ready for tonight?" she said while smiling mischievously, making Jinri confused.

"What do you mean? Of course I'm ready for the concert. I even brought my portable charger, remember? Why do you sound so suspicious, Somi.." Jinri replied with uncertainty, making Somi laugh.

"Hahah nothing unnie. Oh look, it's time for us to go in now!" the younger replied and dragged the older along without giving Jinri any time to react.

The concert went smoothly just like yesterday, with the only difference being that Woojin found Jinri in the audience quite quickly throughout the concert as Somi wore a bright yellow hairband which stood out so much in the crowd, and he waved and made eye contact with Jinri throughout the whole show.

Jinri's heart couldn't stop fluttering throughout the whole concert due to the sweet gestures of Woojin, and it wasn't helping that Somi was consistently teasing her about their secret interactions.

When they sang 'Always', Woojin stood not far from where Somi and Jinri were standing, and when it was Woojin's line, he looked at Jinri right in the eyes and rapped, "I forgot how to fly far away as I stayed next to you who's so beautiful".

Jinri felt her heart beginning to beat quickly and at that moment, the only thing in her world was Woojin. Not Somi who was asking if she was alright, not the fans around her who were pushing to get better views of the 35 trainees, not Jinyoung who was on the stage looking happy, but Woojin and Woojin only.

She could only swim out of this and get back into reality when a fan accidentally pushed her very hard and she bumped hard into the barricade which was in front of her, making her knee hit against the silver barrier.

Woojin who saw this made an alarmed face, but couldn't do anything as 'Always' was still being performed and therefore couldn't move from his position. Everyone around her asked if she was okay, and although her knee was in great pain, she could only smile because even then, she was still in happiness about Woojin's actions earlier on.

Other than the small accident, the concert ended well, and once again Jinri went into the waiting rooms, this time, dragged by Somi.

"Unnie, look at your knee! It's so bruised, how could you just smile when that happened? If I were you I would have said something to that girl who pushed me, oh my goodness! There's a big purple bruise on you now!" Somi exclaimed, not understanding how Jinri had managed to stay calm until the end of the concert despite the unfriendly encounter and the pain.

"Haha it's alright Somi, calm down~ I'm really fine, and hey, at least my promotions had finished. I can just rest when I go back to the dorm, so it should be okay!" Jinri replied as if nothing was wrong.

Somi was about to rebut to the older, but stopped in her tracks as the 35 boys began to rush into the waiting room, once again looking for their families.

This time, Woojin and Jinyoung as well as Daehwi were at the front of the crowd, looking like they were in a hurry as they scanned around the whole waiting room. When they spotted Somi and Jinri, they all ran towards their direction without even saying hi to their families first.

"Jinri!!" "BAE JINRI" "Jinri noona! Somi!!" was all that the two girls heard as the three boys all charged towards their way.

"ARE YOU OKAY?" Woojin panted as he stared at Jinri, and looked down at her knee to see a huge purple bruise covering it.

"OH MY GOODNESS BAE JINRI WHY ARE YOU SO CLUMSY" Jinyoung exclaimed, startling Jinri.

"NOONA I HEARD THAT YOU GOT HURT! HI SOMI!!!" Daehwi loudly said, first in a worried tone and then in a friendly tone.

Daehwi and Somi then did a little hug and began to catch up with each other, whereas Jinyoung and Woojin were staring at her knee while panicking on what to do with it. They then tried to Jinri to sit down and were blurting out random words out of anxiety, making a scene in the waiting room.

"Oppa, Jinyoung! I'm okay!! It's only a bruise.. I'm fine!" Jinri stated, not being able to handle the stares from the rest of the people in the waiting room due to the two embarrassing boys.

The two males looked surprised by the female's response, and soon looked down in embarrassment as they reflected back on their humiliating actions of attempting to take care of Jinri.

"Ahh, hahahh..." Woojin laughed awkwardly as he rubbed the back of his neck, while his face was going red as he realised that other people were staring at them.

"So hahah.. you are okay sister..haha" Jinyoung also chuckled as he looked at Jinri who now had an amused face on.

"Wow, I feel so loved though, I never knew that a day would come where two males would try to take care of me like this because of a bruise." Jinri teased, making the two boys blush even more.

"I can't believe that the people creating scenes were Woojin who was probably the quietest trainee at the start of Produce 101 Season 2, and Jinyoung who was probably the darkest person at the start of Produce 101 Season 2! I would have never expected that!" Hyeongseop teased from a few metres away and little Woojin (Lee Woojin) laughed along, making Jinyoung and Woojin let out fake coughs.

Woojin facepalmed himself as he seemed to be showing Jinri only his weird sides in the past two days, and inwardly scolded himself for not being a cool guy in front of her.

"Hahah I really appreciate it though! It really feels nice that I'm cared by the people who are important in my life, you know. Although you guys were slightly, just slightly embarrassing. I'm just joking, it was really kind of you two." Jinri consoled and thanked as she noticed that the two males were still trapped in embarrassment.

Soon, the two boys got back into reality and began to act normal, and the atmosphere returned to a comfortable one as everyone began to talk with each other.

"Uhm, I think I'll just go see my family for a bit now, yeah?" Woojin suddenly stated in the middle of the conversation.

"Oh yeah hyung, you should see your family. Come back later!" Jinyoung replied.

"Oh, why don't we go with you? We are all familiar with your parents right? It would be nice for us to greet them as well~" Jinri suggested.

"No no no unnie, not now! How about later? I want to catch up with Donghyun oppa, you know he also trained with me right? Come with me unnie, I don't want to go by myself. Let's go~~" Somi stopped the older girl, and dragged her to another direction once again, without giving her time to respond.

Jinri found Somi to be very suspicious for the whole day, but those feelings were left behind when she and Somi began to talk to Donghyun and greet other trainees in the waiting room.

In the midst of the conversation, Jinri looked around the waiting room, but realised that it was almost empty and even Woojin and Jinyoung were not in sight.

"Somi, where's Woojin oppa and Jinyoung? I think everyone else already left, shouldn't we leave as well? I think it's getting quite lat-" and she was cut off as the lights of the waiting room suddenly turned off.

Jinri squeaked out of surprise, and it frightened her even more that she couldn't feel Somi being around her.

"Somi..? Somi, where are you? It's not funny if you're trying to trick me Somi..." she whispered, starting to get worried about where her dongsaeng could have gone to.

Jinri began to walk around in the dark, attempting to find Somi, when the lights turned back on.

She saw nobody in front of her, so she turned around, only to see Woojin holding a small bouquet of flowers and smiling lightly on the other side of the room.

Woojin walked towards her until they were just a few metres apart. He could feel his heart beating loudly, and was worried that she would be able to hear his heartbeat as the room was full of silence.

"Bae Jinri... I know that you already know my feelings for you, but I'm going to tell you again. I liked you ever since Episode 1 of Produce 101 Season 1, and supported you from the beginning until now. You were the only female idol I have ever supported from the start until current. We met for the first time in the MCOUNTDOWN waiting room when you said that you were looking forward to the Brand New Music trainees in Season 2, making my heart drop out of surprise. We met again at the Dancing King Battle where we danced together thanks to Daehwi and BoA sunbaenim. We talked a little bit that day, and we finally confessed our feelings to each other on the day of the concept evaluation missions, when I was diagnosed with shingles. I think I'm the best looking out of all the ugly guys. What should I do to let you know how I feel? Thinking about you drives me crazy. I'm not that handsome, but I think I look quite alright when i smile. I'll do better than all the guys out there my love, I love you. So, will you accept me?" Woojin managed to get his words out calmly, although his heart was beating like crazy out of nervousness on the inside.
(NOTE: "I think I'm the best looking out of all the ugly guys... I love you", they're lyrics from K.Will's song 'Day 1'. :D It's a really cute song, you guys should check it out if you haven't heard it yet~)

Jinri started at Woojin the whole time and by the time he finished talking, her cheeks were painted with rosy colours.

"I also think that I am the best looking out of all the ugly girls. They say that there is not a single nice one of all the good-looking girls. You know that I'm the nicest girl out, right? Thinking of you makes me crazy. And everyone keeps saying that you and I would look the best together. I'll do better than all the girls out there my love, I love you." Jinri replied, also calmly, but heart beating loudly and rapidly.
(This whole line by Jinri is also the lyrics from the same song, I just changed it to a girl's perspective^^)

Woojin, whose face was hardened due to nervousness finally broke into a smile after hearing Jinri's response and he lightly sighed of relief.

He walked even closer to Jinri, handed her the flowers and embraced her tightly, but also warmly.

"I'll really do my best for you, Jinri. Let's depend on each other and trust each other to make a happy relationship." he whispered to her.

"Me too oppa, I'll try my best to be an understanding and kind person to you." she replied back.

"WHOOO!!!"

In came Jinyoung, Daehwi, Somi, Youngmin, Donghyun, all the Wanna One members as well as a few other trainees, all jumping and congratulating the newly made couple.

Woojin and Jinri smiled brightly at each other, and hugged again as they closed their eyes, wishing that this happiness would never end.

 

 

 

+ Thank you @deephwi and @gemcat for the upvotes~ <3 I really appreciate it!! And all the comments as well :D

++ I think this might be the end of the story.. I don't have any more ideas currently as 1) Woojin and Jinri are now official (which was the main aim of the story) and 2) Wanna One hasn't done a lot of things that I could make episodes out of ever since their finale concerts TT_TT What do you guys think? If you have any ideas for future chapters that would be really great :D Or should I start another story/one shot collection?? Please kindly leave any suggestions in the comments :DD Thank you again for reading!

+++ Also I cringed at myself when I read this chapter after writing it HAHAHAH I never knew I would write these lovey cheesey scenes :')