Visit... at the hospital

Producer? Idol? Role model? Lover!

Jinri couldn't focus on any of her morning schedules, nor could she eat as she was too worried about Woojin. In the morning radio schedule, she made a mistake with her high note, and embarrassed herself in front of many. Not that she cared, because she was only thinking of Woojin.

It was finally 4pm, just 30 minutes away from when Jinyoung and Daehwi said they'd meet her in front of the subway station. Thank goodness the trainees were out of the Produce 101 training centre for a few days before another elimination recording, because Jinri wouldn't have been able to wait any longer to see Woojin's face and check how he is.

From afar, she could see two males waiting for her at the entrance of the station while being immersed in a conversation, oblivious of the fact that people here and there were snapping photos of them as they walked past.

When the two of them saw Jinri approaching, they brightened up, but soon went into a sad mode as they felt bad for Jinri and this situation. Not wanting to make the two boys worry for her, she decided that she would have to lighten up the mood first.

"Ooh guess who's popular now, I'm so proud of you guys. Everyone's taking photos of you two as they walk past!" was the first thing Jinri said while waving happily.

Jinyoung and Daehwi looked confused for a few seconds, and smiled lightly at the female in response.

"Come on guys, we'll be visiting Woojin oppa now and we don't want to show him these sad, ugly expressions, right? We have to smile for him. Now let us go before we miss the train!" she said while linking one arm with Jinyoung and the other with Daehwi, pulling them into the station and towards the platform.

The atmosphere during the train ride was slightly better, although there were some awkward silences every now and then.

The trio soon reached the hospital and were standing right in front of the door of Woojin's ward. After taking a deep breath, Daehwi knocked twice and opened the door slightly.

Inside was Woojin on the bed deep in sleep, with his mother sitting beside him.

Woojin's mother looked up as soon as she heard the sound of the door, and gave a small smile at Daehwi, whom she already knew as he was also a Brand New Music trainee.

"Oh Daehwi, you have come here to see Woojin? And behind you are... oh, miss Jinri and mister Jinyoung, am I right?" Woojin's mother tried to sound bright, but the tiredness and worried tone was obvious in her weak voice.

"Yes ahjumma, we came to visit Woojin hyung." Daehwi said as he bowed.

"Hello, I'm Jinyoung and this is Jinri. Nice to meet you." Jinyoung said, and he and Jinri both bowed as well.

"Ah, it is a pleasure to meet you children. Woojin talked about the both of you a lot. My daughter Yerim is also a big fan of you two. It would have been nice if she was also here, too bad she had school so she's still in Busan right now." the elder said.

Woojin's mother offered them to sit and the four people talked and had a quiet conversation as they waited for Woojin to wake up from his sleep. She told the three teenagers about Woojin's conditions - he was in a lot of pain due to his shingles, but it was treatable and he just needs to rest a lot. She also slightly teased Jinri as she told her that when Woojin woke up, the first thing he wanted to do was know about Jinri and her conditions, but couldn't as his phone was out of battery and his charger was at the Produce 101 training centre. The three teenagers also tried their best to cheer Woojin's mother up, as she seemed very tired from worrying and taking care of her son.

In the midst of their conversation, Woojin woke up, and the first to notice was Jinri, as she constantly had her eyes on him.

"Woojin oppa!" she exclaimed slightly, making all Daehwi, Jinyoung and Woojin's mother to look towards the bed, where Woojin was.

Woojin, who was still slightly sleepy from just waking up thought that he was hearing things when he heard Jinri's voice, but his eyes shot up fully as he heard her say his name one more time.

"Hyung!!" Daehwi and Jinyoung screamed while hugging each other, happy that their hyung was alive and good.

"I swear you two are too loud when together... Did you think I was dead or something?" was the first thing that came out of Woojin's mouth, making everyone in the room laugh.

After a few minutes of talking, Woojin's mother left the room to make a phone call to Woojin's father to tell him about her son's condition, and Daehwi and Jinyoung made an excuse of buying food to also leave the room, in order to give some alone time to Woojin and Jinri.

Silence took over the room as soon as the three people left, but the atmosphere was comfortable. Jinri was looking out of the window of the hospital ward, worried that if she kept staring at Woojin's face which lost quite some weight and his eye patch, it'll make her heart ache more. Woojin's eyes were on Jinri, absorbing the beautiful girl's face as the sunlight shone on her.

"Are you... mad at me?" Woojin slightly asked, worried that the girl wasn't looking at him at all.

Jinri who was shocked by his question immediately turned around and made a horrified face and exclaimed, "No way! Why would I be? What makes you think that..?"

"I mean, you weren't looking at me at all... I thought you got angry because I didn't tell you about my condition... I mean since yesterday, you know.. we.. yeah." he drifted off at the end, too embarrassed to say the word 'confessed' with his own mouth.

"No, of course not! I heard that your phone went out of battery but you couldn't charge it because your charger was at the training centre. I completely understand. It's just.. I don't know.. I don't want to cry in front of you but I feel like i will if I keep staring at you. You seem so ill and it hurts that I can't do anything for you..."

"Aw Jinri.. don't feel like that... I'm okay, right? It's just these shingles in the way, but I'm completely fine. I'll be all normal in no time. Don't worry about it Jinri, and you just being here is already doing a lot of things to me. You heard what my mother said as well, right? She said that the moment I saw you was the biggest smile I made ever since I came to the hospital last night. You mean so much to me, you know that right..?" Woojin said, his voice getting smaller and smaller but still managing to finish his words as his cheeks turned as bright as his red hair.

At the hearing of this, Jinri couldn't hide her embarrassment as well as the touching feeling, that a tear unknowingly dropped from her eyes.

"Jinri, are you crying..? Please don't cry I'm so sorry.." the male stuttered, obviously finding difficulty in consoling her, as he has not had much experience before.

"Ah I'm sorry.. It's tears from being touched, I promise.. Your words just..." and she couldn't continue anymore as she was embraced by Woojin, who had gotten up and walked towards her from his bed despite the pain he was feeling.

The two stayed like that for quite some moment, until the door suddenly opened, revealing Daehwi, Jinyoung and Woojin's mother with a bunch of food in their hands.

"Oops, not our moment yet kids!" Woojin's mother said delightedly at the sight of Jinri and Woojin, as she pushed the two young boys back and closed the door again.

"No, mum!" Woojin facepalmed, walked towards the door and opened it, revealing the three people leaning towards the door, trying to peak in.

"Just come in, oh my goodness.." Woojin said, mentally facepalming himself once more.

Jinri who was embarrassed from the encounter before couldn't hold in her laughter at the funny scene in front of her, and she thought how blessed she was to be with people who are so lovely and caring.



+ Special thanks to @RaniaOS_18, @ilovedara and @Xxdreamergirl for the upvotes! (I have no idea how to tag hahah sorry) Thank you so much <3 And I really appreciate all the subscriptions and comments as well (expecially you @daeshi1661 for commenting after every single chapter and encouraging me to do better every time :D)