Episode 11

Producer? Idol? Role model? Lover!

Friday 16th June 2017. It was finally the day. The final broadcasting day of Produce 101 Season 2, the final day of seeing most of the trainees together in the same program, and the day where finally, the top 11 trainees would be announced as debuting members.

Jinri was once again in her car, driving to the place where the final recording will take place. All I.O.I members were invited to appear in the final episode, for obvious reasons. Jinri couldn't wait to see her I.O.I members, her former trainer teachers, BoA as well as the trainees. She purposely didn't tell any of the trainees that she would be coming, for a few reasons.

First of all, she wanted to surprise Woojin as it had been a long time since they've seen each other. And secondly, because of Jinyoung. She knew that her brother always got nervous whenever a family member watched him on stage, and she was afraid that he might make a mistake at a live broadcast because she was there, so she didn't tell him that she would be there.

 

Jinri arrived at the recording place around an hour before the live broadcast, so she began to greet BoA as well as her trainer teachers. She hugged Kahi as soon as she saw her, and the two singers talked with one another for at least 10 minutes before Cheetah also joined, and the conversation turned even longer.

But soon the trainers had to leave for final preparations and before they left, Jinri made sure that they promised not to say anything about her being here to Jinyoung.

She then met up with the rest of the I.O.I members who all arrived shortly, and they all made their way to the recording area. Her heart was thumping like crazy.

"Final episode, the live broadcast will start in 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1..." the producer said as a VCR started to show up on the screen and the fans began to scream.

Soon, the trainees were up on the stage performing 'Nayana', with Daniel in the center. Woojin was right behind Daniel, and he was the only one in Jinri's sight. She watched every dance move of Woojin, his slight winks and his charismatic gaze as he slightly smiled throughout the performance was just amazing. She once again fell in love with the elder boy at that moment, and just couldn't take her eyes off him. It was to the point that maybe she was staring at him too boldly, that Somi, who was sitting next to her, nudged her on the arm and had to remind Jinri that this whole thing was getting recorded and heaps of fans were inside the recording place as well.

"Unnie, please! I know that you love Woojin oppa so much but this is getting recorded! And there are billions of fans inside this place right now as well, any of them could be looking at you! Oh my goodness Jinri unnie, I swear I need to take care of you. You and Woojin oppa make everything too serious." was what the younger said to her while laughing and slightly teasing.

Embarrassed, Jinri muttered a little 'shhh' and got back to watching the performance, but making sure that she wasn't staring at Woojin too boldly.

The live broadcast continued smoothly, and it also seemed like Jinyoung hadn't seen Jinri yet as well. She was relieved at this fact, and was able to concentrate on the broadcast more.

Soon, it was time for 10 trainees to perform 'Hands On Me'. Jinyoung was one of the candidates for center, and Jinri slightly anticipated that her brother would get the nice chance for the last time.

The screen door opened as music filled up the recording area, and the 10 trainees who were standing with a pose showed. The camera began to zoom into the trainees, and into the middle, where Jinyoung stood.

"JINYOUNG? Is Jinyoung the center? Am I right? Is this true?" Jinri exclaimed to her I.O.I members, making the other girls laugh and congratulate her for the fact that her brother got to be the center.

Feeling very excited, Jinri continued to watch the 'Hands On Me' performance. It was indeed beautiful. At one point of the song, Woojin and Jinyoung stood side by side where Woojin had one of his hands on Jinyoung's shoulders. Jinri knew that Woojin and Jinyoung were close and she has seen them together so many times before, but she never knew that she would see them on stage together, performing side by side. The sight of this suddenly made Jinri very happy and touched, and she slightly lifted her phone up, took a photo of the two and put her phone back on her lap.

"I see what you're doing unnie HAHAH you're so cute! I'd probably be happy to if I see my boyfriend get along with my family well~" Somi teased, making Jinri smile sheepishly.

"We're not dating! Oh my goodness Somi, please tell me why you're the one sitting next to me you evil child." Jinri blushed, making Somi laugh.

"You guys are not dating.. yet! I heard about all those hugs back stage and even at the hospital unnie, you can never get away from me~" Somi teased once more, making Jinri go redder.

The two made eye contact and burst into laughter, but soon regained themselves and continued to watch the performances.